Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572050 times)

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #250 on: 2006-05-16 18:02:33 »
As I have said before you guys are aweserm you are GODS, THANK YOU!!

Thanks for doing this patch it is the best thing since..... since..... FOREVER.

I am behind you all the way!!!

Cyph3r: Don't cheap shot Reunion's work because remember without him this would just be a dream. 8-)

---ANNOUNCMENT---

100 POSTS
« Last Edit: 2006-05-16 18:05:38 by Thrashamatrix »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006-05-16 18:13:18 »
Thrashamatrix's right it's not better it's just more complete that's all.  But thanks for your suport.  And vincent1997 ... well look at the read me and if you have question ask more specific question please because we explain in detail almost with all pages of this thread.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006-05-16 18:21:46 »
NPC Reconstruction basically IS the Reunion patch, just a new version being developed by somebody else.

Saying "Alot better than the reuinion patch IMO" is much like saying that Debian is better than Linux.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006-05-16 18:29:37 »
Covarr: Just leave it.... and to let you know you are wrong even the name tells you its different the NPC-RP is for the NPC's the reunion patch was swapping the battle figures to the field figures, the NPC-RP is about creating new and improved figures by:
1. Coming up with brandnew stuff. (Which is hard)
2. Using the battle.lgp figures and useing stuff like feet, arms, torso etc... from there. (ie: cid's body for the old man who looks like bin laden)
 :-P :-P
« Last Edit: 2006-05-16 18:33:37 by Thrashamatrix »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2006-05-16 19:35:51 »
Quote from: Thrashamatrix
Covarr: Just leave it.... and to let you know you are wrong...
I believe Covarr was just agreeing with your standpoint to not take a shot at Reunion's patch.  They are one in the same and Reunion's was the predicessor that made all of this possible.  It is very much like arguing over if Debian is better than Linux.

Quote from: Cyph3r
Awesome work here guys! Alot better than the reuinion patch IMO. Keep it up!
Remember Cyph3r wrote this, not Covarr.  :-)

vincent1997

• i sell drugs for a living
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2006-05-17 01:39:25 »
ok it works fine now... but i have another question... why is it so dark? is there any way to increase the gammme of the game? i cant see the new char. cleary cuz its to damn dark.. i cant even see the footsteps of the chocobos clearly

Mikey_nz

« Reply #256 on: 2006-05-17 02:40:37 »

here are some model's i done some still need alittle work but are good togo
click the link to see them and the model's name's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/showing3.jpg

sorry about the sizes of the pic if you like i can show the model's pic by pic later when i got time

THose are looking really god Ice

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006-05-17 02:57:20 »
vincent1997 : hum ... this is not because of our patch ... I think your sceen may be in cause here.  maybe your graphic card have an option that can incrase the brighness or the gamma

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2006-05-17 03:10:59 »
here are some model's i done some still need alittle work but are good togo
click the link to see them and the model's name's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/showing3.jpg

Those look great but it seems like they're heads and torsos are a bigger than the rest of there body... Is it just the angle the pics of the models were taken at?

And for the record the NPC RP is great so do NOT flame me for trying to give crits.

vincent1997

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006-05-17 03:13:45 »
vincent1997 : hum ... this is not because of our patch ... I think your sceen may be in cause here.  maybe your graphic card have an option that can incrase the brighness or the gamma
ahh.. yah,i know thats not because of ur patch cuz itz been that way since i installed it.. heheheheh!
hmm.. how? i have ati radeon9250 video card... i really dont know bout this stuff.. sorry.. only a little =(
« Last Edit: 2006-05-17 06:26:15 by vincent1997 »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006-05-17 09:15:57 »
well blue

it cos the angle the pics of the models were taken and the host resized it

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2006-05-17 11:21:23 »
ahh.. yah,i know thats not because of ur patch cuz itz been that way since i installed it.. heheheheh!
hmm.. how? i have ati radeon9250 video card... i really dont know bout this stuff.. sorry.. only a little =(

Try right-clicking anywhere on your desktop, then click "Properties," and then click the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button, and then see if your video card has its own tab here in the Advanced box. If so, click it, and I'm sure you'll find a brightness adjust on this page.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006-05-17 23:03:20 »
well blue

it cos the angle the pics of the models were taken and the host resized it

Allright.  That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

vincent1997

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2006-05-18 01:49:10 »

Try right-clicking anywhere on your desktop, then click "Properties," and then click the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button, and then see if your video card has its own tab here in the Advanced box. If so, click it, and I'm sure you'll find a brightness adjust on this page.
all ryt! found it... thanks dude! heheh

RockBassGuitar

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2006-05-18 06:10:35 »
Alright, I got it working.  The problem was I didn't have FF7 in the Program Files\Squaresoft, Inc\etc, I had it in a different file, so the world_us.lgp wasn't getting modified.  I had to reinstall it into the proper folder (rather than changing all the shortcuts and what not).  It works and looks fantastic!  Excellent job, I look forward to future updates!

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2006-05-19 01:34:38 »
I have a minor problem (atleast I think it is a problem.) I downloaded the mod and installed it like it said and in the world map I get the new NPC skins. But when I go somewhere like the chocobo ranch or a town, or a dungeon, etc. it reverts back to the defualt NPC skins. How can I fix this?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #266 on: 2006-05-19 09:46:47 »
remember: not all models are done yet!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2006-05-19 15:01:41 »
No his problem is that the char.lgp was not the original one from the cd.  If you didn't backup your original files I recomand to reinstall the game and backup the char.lgp and the world_us.lgp after that extract the char.lgp start the NPC RC patcher and remake the char.lgp.

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006-05-19 20:27:18 »
No his problem is that the char.lgp was not the original one from the cd.  If you didn't backup your original files I recomand to reinstall the game and backup the char.lgp and the world_us.lgp after that extract the char.lgp start the NPC RC patcher and remake the char.lgp.

Was a new char.lgp supposed to come with the patch to replace the original that I am supposed to extract or are you talking about the original one? And does the patcher automatically remake the char.lgp?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2006-05-19 21:49:54 »
No if you didn't backup your char.lgp I'm afraid you will have to reinstall the game.  And you will have to remake the char.lgp with LGP Tools, the patcher only remplace the files in the char directory.

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006-05-19 21:51:11 »
Ok, well I got it fixed and working now and it looks great, keep up the good work guys!

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2006-05-19 22:28:35 »
What should I do if I want tall, big models, or detail Super-Deformed models?

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006-05-19 23:14:48 »
Why would you want Tall models that clip?  You could just download the NPC RC and get high quality models that aren't really super deformed either...

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006-05-19 23:23:27 »
I think that the resized models look a little small and I like the look of SD-resized detailed models.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006-05-19 23:38:01 »
The thing is that the original game is made with the same base size as I made them when I resized them so now it's the same size as the original one so the patch is fully compatible with the game.  If you resize them so they look bigger that the original one it will clip.  Unless you modify the annimation files but still, it will be too tall for the game.  I don't see the good to have models that is taller than a door... do you ??