Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572099 times)

plizkin

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #300 on: 2006-05-26 07:30:54 »
Yo, guys!! I have a prob with FF7 and NPC rec 0.5. After i've repacked Char.lgp, I get this error saying cant' open BVJF.yos.   :cry: I could really use some help, cos i like really, really wanna play ff7 with npc patch.

If there's no fix or smth, then maybe some1 could be nice enough to upload char.lgp.

tnx...

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2006-05-26 07:49:30 »
hi there

1st off delete char folder and the char lgp and the world 1 too and get the one's off the cd
 redo the steps 1 by 1 if it still there then download a new LGPTool and redo the steps
 if the prob still there then say where and when it crashes

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2006-05-26 08:13:28 »
hi again.

I did the steps again, deleted char folder, but still the problem persists. It crashes right after i choose "new game".
oh, and after the bvjf.yos error it gives me the standard windows error box too.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2006-05-26 08:22:59 »

well the thing is that there is no bvjf.yos in the char lgp
so have you tryed a new lgp tool delete all the the lgp rool and set back up

if this dont help that we will look into this

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2006-05-26 08:25:29 »
But there was a BVJF.a in the char.lgp. Infact i couldn't find bvjf.yos in any of the lgp files.

And yes, I tried older lgp tools too, but they didn't even create lgp files for me.

so could some1 like upload char.lgp? I know its like 50mb or smth, but maybe compressed with winrar?
« Last Edit: 2006-05-26 09:14:33 by plizkin »

Mruzuki

« Reply #305 on: 2006-05-26 11:47:11 »
Yo, guys!! I have a prob with FF7 and NPC rec 0.5. After i've repacked Char.lgp, I get this error saying cant' open BVJF.yos.   :cry: I could really use some help, cos i like really, really wanna play ff7 with npc patch.

If there's no fix or smth, then maybe some1 could be nice enough to upload char.lgp.

tnx...
I have the exact same problem. I've done all things you guys have suggested... but the problem remains.
It would really be great if someone uploaded the latest .lgp files...

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2006-05-26 14:28:01 »
What version of the game are you using?
Edit: Caps Lock

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2006-05-26 15:36:15 »

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2006-05-26 16:01:56 »
I wonder, I dont remember that file being there, Find your origional again andmake SURE that that file that's missing gets placed bak inthe LGP!

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2006-05-26 17:05:52 »
its not missing or anything. its there but dunno whats wrong. I think that lgp tools corrupted some files while creating char.lgp  :cry:

Mruzuki

« Reply #310 on: 2006-05-26 21:17:16 »
I wonder, I dont remember that file being there, Find your origional again andmake SURE that that file that's missing gets placed bak inthe LGP!
Thats because that file never ever was there... thats basically the whole problem, that the game tries to load a file that doesnt (and probably never will) exist.  :|
And btw, im also using 1.02

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2006-05-26 21:27:18 »
This has been discused so many times... yes, BVJF.YOS does not exist, but waht the game is really trying to load is BVJF.A. LGPTools faisl for some people, this is already known. But I've seen in the Programming feedback section a posible solution: an LGP fixer. You could try it out.
By the way, the size of char.lgp is not the problem. It's not much larger than 15 Mbs compressed. The problem is that we aren't allowed to post it here since it's illegal.

DCS78

« Reply #312 on: 2006-05-26 21:31:40 »
I posted the file for a moment then saw post about it being illegal so I removed it. Sorry :|

Mruzuki

« Reply #313 on: 2006-05-26 22:46:42 »
Oh man, oh man, oh man. I got this thingy working now, and I must say that you guys have done an awsome job with the characters, keep up the good work :-D
And i would like to thank DCS78 for making it possible for me to install the patch :wink:
Now I just need to get the improved Cloud battle model :roll:

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2006-05-27 02:09:28 »
the improved cloud battle models pretty easy to get in game all you gotta do is extract the battle.lpg  and replace all the rt** files with i think the sj** files i.e copy an rename sj** to rt**

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2006-05-27 08:53:16 »
Oh man, oh man, oh man. I got this thingy working now, and I must say that you guys have done an awsome job with the characters, keep up the good work :-D
And i would like to thank DCS78 for making it possible for me to install the patch :wink:
Now I just need to get the improved Cloud battle model :roll:

Need some help using python interpreter and lgpfix.py.

Mruzuki, what did u do to get this working? Could use some help here!?  :-D
« Last Edit: 2006-05-27 09:44:29 by plizkin »

Mruzuki

« Reply #316 on: 2006-05-27 16:40:20 »
Mruzuki, what did u do to get this working? Could use some help here!?  :-D
Did u get the pm i sent you?

plizkin

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2006-05-27 20:31:46 »
Awesome, dudes! Tnx, Mruzuki and DCS78.  8-)

Carbone

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2006-05-28 11:17:02 »
Still looking for some help too myself..so what did you guys do?

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2006-05-28 11:40:42 »
Everyone who has been working on and contributing to this project --

THANK YOU

I can't tell you how much this adds to the experience of playing this game. One of the hardest parts for me as always been reconciling the child-like proportions and animations of the models with the (mostly) grown-up characters of the story. These models make it seem so much more immersive, and really help to cut down on the inconsistencies between sequences. THANK YOU!

I do have one question, however...the models are generally very dark for me. Is this common or is it something peculiar to my video card? Sometimes things look fine, but most of the time, they are significantly darker than the surroundings or the original models. I'm sure there's a reason for that someone already understands/has already been discussed, but is there a way to fix it?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2006-05-28 18:52:47 »
cromas: You're right the lighing of the models made in the reunion patch was pretty dark.  Sometime I'll redo the lighing on all these models.

Luctus

« Reply #321 on: 2006-05-28 20:57:28 »
Hi guys, I've fixed some bugs in my lgp fixer (and this time I doublechecked to see if it worked before uploading :roll:). I also packed it up into an standalaone executable so you don't have to use the python interpreter.

Grab it here

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2006-05-28 22:58:48 »
cromas: You're right the lighing of the models made in the reunion patch was pretty dark.  Sometime I'll redo the lighing on all these models.
Thanks for your reply, Storm. Exactly what is involved with adjusting the lighting? I'd be willing to do this once finals are over (next week) if you guys don't have time for such tweaking.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2006-05-28 23:05:19 »
Well the harder part in relighting the models is to kill the present lighting because you gonna have to recolor the model before adding lighting again.  But as I said it's in my project to do it.  Don't know when though 'cause right now I don't have much time.

DCS78

« Reply #324 on: 2006-05-29 21:49:18 »
Any new screenshots? I'm curious about what characters have been updaed since 0.5 and what is on the bench now.

I'd love to help if I had the skill to do so.  I have all the latest software (3DSMax 8, LW8.5, Maya 7, Poser 6, Bryce 5.5, PaintShop Pro X)  but lack the knowledge.  I'm sooo curious how you go about increasing the poloygons.  I've opened the files in the modeler but have been unable to manipulate them correctly.  Any hints?!