Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 570781 times)

deuce63

Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #375 on: 2006-06-23 14:19:37 »
While I would agree that Priscilla looks a little more "well endowed" than she should at 12, I really don't think it will matters that much.... you never get a real up-close-and-personal view of Priscilla in game, so its not like people will be playing and then shout "Oh my lord! She's packin' a couple o' bald guys in there!"

I leave it up to you to judge whether or not its worth your time to fix. What you have is a *big* improvement (no pun intended), and I'm sure it will look much better in game too (Jokes aside, I am actually being serious about this).

Should you decide it's worth fixing, I would imagine that it could be done by making her torso a little bit smaller and less shapely... what do you think?

(edit)

Of course now I notice the Storm has already said it shouldn't matter... and I call myself an English Teacher...  :oops:

What color is my red face?
« Last Edit: 2006-06-23 14:25:47 by deuce63 »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2006-06-24 15:40:44 »
Well deuce63 I'm not an extrortinary english speaker so you might have misunderstood me :-P hehe.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2006-06-25 23:55:11 »
Crap I can't find the link to the lates version... could someone link me.  I thought that I downloaded it awhile ago... but i knew I never installed it... and I can't seem to find it on my CPU or this thread....

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2006-06-26 00:22:19 »
http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/NPC_RP_v0.5.zip

That should be the latest, unless borde and stormy have been holding out on us ;)

And I think they said there should be a new one soon, so, yeah.

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2006-06-26 00:34:17 »
I can't seem to find it on my CPU
maybe its next to the paste.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2006-06-26 00:37:43 »
EmperoSteele, Gracias.

Chaoscontrol... I don't get it.....r

shae

« Reply #381 on: 2006-07-01 23:40:49 »
A few questions:

* The installer appears to add files (starting with letters >M, which is the last used in chars.lgp) which weren't there before.  What's that for?  I thought it's supposed to enhance *existing* models.

* What should be the size of chars.lgp after the whole process?  I want to make sure it worked right.  The whole process was rather tedious; extracting 12K files into a directory (Windows, at least 9x, isn't efficient with that many files in a directory), installing (again, slow because of the number of files), then repacking.  In the end, I have it at 58,308,318 bytes.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2006-07-02 00:34:53 »
Erm... Are the added files textures to replace what was previously just plain colors?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2006-07-02 01:43:30 »
Hi shae,

We indeed enhance the existing models for most of the models we have to add some parts witch explain the added files. And 58 mo sound correct for the modified char.lgp.

shae

« Reply #384 on: 2006-07-02 02:19:47 »
I didn't say this in the previous post, but it should've been there: good work people. :)

About the extra files... I see.  I read through the whole thread carefully, and now I see the models are stored in multiple files.

About the final distribution form and size, if indeed some original files can be removed in the end, that would make it smaller.  Currently (0.5), I got it at 11MB compressed with 7-zip and a 16MB dictionary.  A 24MB dictionary might further compress it.

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #385 on: 2006-07-02 09:17:11 »
First of all, great work, guys. I really mean it. You're really top-shelf. Consider this post 90% praise. While 90% of the words in it may not be, the words that are for praise make up 90% of the mood I'm trying to convey with this post. With that said, about 8% is about something I would like cleared up and the remaining 2% is an offer to help. My offer is only 2% of this because I doubt I would be of much help due in part to my inexperience with 3D modeling, but mainly due to my 10-12-hour a day job.

The thing I would like cleared up involves the claim that this patch renders the Reunion patch unnecessary. When using this patch after removing the Reunion patch, I noticed that Emerald Weapon had reverted back to using its original world map model instead of the 2-part battle one like in the Reunion one. This is something I'm sure will be changed in the near future and I have no issues with it being the way it is. What concerns me is that this patch was supposed to include all of the changes that the Reunion one did, yet that isn't the case. One model isn't a big deal, but that means there could be other things left out that perhaps the 3 of you overlooked. I just thought I'd mention that so you don't end up overlooking other things because it was assumed they were already taken care of.

Regarding offering my help, I have played around with one 3D model program called 3DOBuilder+. I'm of the understanding that it was written for the sole purpose of editing and creating the models used in the real-time strategy game, Total Annihilation. I have made several "units", or playable objects from stationary gun towers to a flying unit made of rings that form a sphere with each sphere spinning around it's axis at a slightly different speed than the one next to it. Here are a few pictures of some models I made starting with a single square:

Mr. Man (good)

Legs Man (evil)

Disabler (good)

Disabler 2 (evil)
(default mode, large wheels are the front wheels)

(in attack mode with gun out)

Hyperan (good)

Hyper Z (evil)

Keep in mind that in the game they are about half this size and the game doesn't take much advantage of a 3D video card, so anything more detailed than this is pretty pointless. If there is a free and easy way to make an animated GIF, I could show you how they move when they walk/roll/fly.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-02 09:52:57 by Idec Sdawkminn »

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2006-07-02 17:17:20 »
(...)because I doubt I would be of much help due in part to my inexperience with 3D modeling(...)

Right here, you could have stopped your post :roll:.

The reason I say that, is because they don't create models. All they do is edit pre-existing ones. At this current point in time, I'm pretty sure that there is no known method, on these boards, as to creating models and reinserting them back into the game.

I know, when I look at it from an outside glance, it seems like really high-level stuff. But it's really not. I took a look at the guide they posted on how to do this (check out one of the very first posts in this topic by Borde--he has a link to a guide that'll teach you how to do this stuff) and I know could easily create these models, as well, but I simply don't have enough time or patience to do that. It doesn't take extraordinary skill.

Idec Sdawkminn

• View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #387 on: 2006-07-02 18:59:41 »
It's pretty much the same thing. Well, maybe I'll try my hand at one of them and see how it works.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2006-07-02 19:35:48 »
Well...no, it's not really the same thing at all. This is a million times easier.

All they do is edit pre-existing "good" textures of other characters, and add them onto NPCs (of course, there's obviously some cosmetic detail, too, but that's another point aside).

Idec Sdawkminn

• View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #389 on: 2006-07-02 19:38:29 »
Yes, but the editting part is the same. If it's a pre-existing one from the game or editting one you made, it's the same. Making it from scratch just takes more time but it's not very much harder.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2006-07-02 20:09:17 »
hi Idec Sdawkminn,

First I'd say that we never said that the NPC RC containe all models in the world map we only said that all the models of the char.lgp are there so the reunion is not realy nessesair to install it... well in fact you can't install the reunion before the NPC because the patcher won't be able to identify the files properly.  That's for sure that later we will include all the world map models that Reunion made but we simply wanted to publish the version the sooner because we was already late :-P ...

Oh and if you are interrested to help your are welcome of course!

Well see you.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #391 on: 2006-07-05 23:27:17 »
Hey Storm.  Any progress?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2006-07-05 23:32:40 »
Well Changeling.... I work a lot these time ... and I didn't have time to work on it at all.... I don't know about Borde and Ice_cold though... but I think that they didn't made much models too.

Well we're doing our best to complete it the sooner we can ...

Well see you.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #393 on: 2006-07-06 04:48:53 »
I understand.   I recently played with your patch and it's brilliant.  The only reason I asked is when you see such good models next to the old blocky ones you just think to yourself 'man I wish it was complete'. 

Keep up the good work Storm, Borde, Ice_Cold.  Thank you for making my favorite game of all time look a whole lot better.  Really, you don't know how much I appreciate it.

I don't have any experience with modeling, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.  I have a lot of experience with computers though, and I can learn fast.  My job is drafting in AutoCAD.  I have more free time during the week than you I would guess.  My work schedule fluctuates, sometimes I work from 8 - 2, sometimes 8 - 5.  But I usually have a few free hours every day during the week.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-06 04:53:13 by Changeling »

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2006-07-06 05:01:36 »
Bravo! I like what I see with this mod. I know it's not complete so my only real beef is with the Field Sephiroth Hair. Everything else is fine, though the still blocky models don't look right with the new ones but you'll get to that. Also, I'm not sure if the team knows this but the the guy dressed like a king in the Bumblebee Manor is none other than President ShinRa. Just letting the Mod team know...however, keep up the good work and take your time with it.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2006-07-06 08:47:30 »
Yeah, sorry for the my lack of work, but I'm quiet bussy. I thought I'd be able to spend more time in this project after the exams, but I got a job just after fiinshing so I haven't got much more free time now. Ice_cold has been doing several model though, so don't worry, things keep progressing.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2006-07-06 11:10:20 »
humm Borde your a bit off there i done 25 models and just started to test. The miningame chocobo see if i can update them too and all looking good here. When i get storms models and we test the patch we are putting out a new one

hope this weekend

ChibiUchan

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Warcry
« Reply #397 on: 2006-07-06 17:43:22 »
I understand.   I recently played with your patch and it's brilliant.  The only reason I asked is when you see such good models next to the old blocky ones you just think to yourself 'man I wish it was complete'.

Yes, that's how I felt. It was kind of strange in the scene where Elmyra is reaccounting waiting at the bus stop and one of the blocky men picks up a re-done girl and spins her around. It looked like Godzilla tossing around a ragdoll. :D

Anyways, not to repeat this for the bajillionth time, or become a fangirl to you guys (OMG! j00 7074113 pWN1111), but your work has done things for the community that has probably breathed new life into what they think of the future of Final Fantasy 7. Now, all I hope is that you guys really do finish it (don't shoot me ^.^;) and make us all proud that we can once again look at FF7 in awe.

Now, I'm off to go scale the game.  :wink:

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2006-07-06 18:15:37 »
I see that they are doing a very, very good job at this. After finishing the models, are you guys planing to skin them...give them better textures? ...Wishful thinking...

ChibiUchan

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Warcry
« Reply #399 on: 2006-07-06 19:14:30 »
Yeah, that would be nice, but I'm not sure that's how the models work.  :-( But even if not, the models look as good as ever now. ^.^