Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 569206 times)

Kenzai

Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #500 on: 2006-09-29 17:42:57 »
Never mind.. I was careless enough not to check different threads. Perhaps I should´ve bought the game for Pc instead of PS =)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2006-09-29 19:31:35 »
maybe, but the PC version is VERY hard to come by, and it's not getting any easier, it's actually kinda sad how it flopped on the PC

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2006-09-29 20:15:30 »
You shouldn't use the Ultima Edition, Kenzai. Apart from its questionable legality, it is a muddled up install, so things won't work right on it. Not only that, but nobody here will provide any support for the Ultima Edition, should something go wrong.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2006-09-29 20:44:24 »
well, that should go without saying, but some people here don't quite realize that

Kenzai

« Reply #504 on: 2006-09-29 21:56:03 »
Yeah, Ultima Edition is just plain crap. Sure, it works and some of the "goodies" that comes with it is pretty fun to play with, but it´s just not worth it in the long run.

I did, however, give the PS discs a try. Since I own a legal Final Fantasy 7 for playstation I guess it´s alright to play those on a Emulator on my laptop. After half an hour or so I got it running. The bad parts is that none of the cool mods can be used on it (duh). But the good part is that I can play with my desktop resolution at 1680 x 1050. And I can also buff up the textures, speed etc. Even though the game looks really nice and runs smoothly I´m still gonna try to get my hands on a legal game for PC. And since I paid for all my FF games so far it would be a shame not to continue that way.

Kenzai

« Reply #506 on: 2006-09-29 22:26:34 »
Thing is, I´m not that keen on ordering stuff over the internet. Especially when you have to pay using credit card numbers and such. I´d rather order it from somewhere a bit closer and safer =)
Thanks for the tip anyway!

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2006-09-30 01:11:51 »
It's Amazon.... why wouldn't amazon be safe?  It's not some unknown site.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2006-09-30 03:21:26 »
damn, that's in britain, i was about to say "HOLY HELL I CAN GET A NEW COPY"

Kenzai

« Reply #509 on: 2006-09-30 10:25:32 »
Well, I don´t think that amazon is safe because it does´nt really have any insurance of getting a working game (or at least so it seems). I don´t want to pay for a game, get it shipped here across half the world and then find out that there is a big fat scratch on one of the discs.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2006-09-30 19:37:41 »
amazon is relatively safe, i trust amazon very much actually, go for it, you have nothing to lose

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2006-09-30 21:13:23 »
The last two pages of this has gone completely off topic.  Everyone is mucking up their topic for a great addition to the game and it needs to stop.  If you can't get a legal copy of the game (which you easily can) tough stuff, nobody cares.  If you are "nervous" about buying things online, you're more timid than my grandmother (who makes frequent purchases off of Amazon), again nobody cares.  If you have problems or questions pertaining to the patch, check the topic and see if it has already been addressed, if not the authors welcome your questions.  Otherwise this is all just taking up space.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2006-10-01 08:08:14 »
The last two pages of this has gone completely off topic.  Everyone is mucking up their topic for a great addition to the game and it needs to stop.  If you can't get a legal copy of the game (which you easily can) tough stuff, nobody cares.  If you are "nervous" about buying things online, you're more timid than my grandmother (who makes frequent purchases off of Amazon), again nobody cares.  If you have problems or questions pertaining to the patch, check the topic and see if it has already been addressed, if not the authors welcome your questions.  Otherwise this is all just taking up space.

Well said Otokosh i have said some thing a page back will say 1 more time

ok now ppl this topic is to chat about the NPC patch not

the ultima i'm ripping off square off so they cant make new games Edition

no more chat about in this topic

i will say this  2 things i do if this was my forum

1 don't help

2 ban them

No more off topic posts

or i will ask one of the forum mods to close this topic

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2006-10-02 23:34:14 »
ok, so...back on topic

anyone wanna help with the patch? i'm sure you'll be welcomed into the team

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2006-10-03 17:36:06 »
I wich I could, but can't edit to save my life

Fergus McMillan

« Reply #515 on: 2006-10-03 18:41:45 »
I'd love to get involved with something like this. I've been interested in 3D work for a while and am planning to go to college for animation later on, however as of yet I'm pretty useless. All I've got under my belt is a model of a die in Lightwave 3D.

Would there be anyone willing to sort of guide me along and give me the basics of messing around with the models in FF7? If I can start off with something simple to get the hang of it, I'm sure I could figure things out quick enough to be a decent help.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2006-10-03 22:27:08 »
You should give it a try!  A little guidance an practice with this stuff and you can be making some high quality models in no time.  First, grab the programs you'll need:

Kimera by Borde

Biturn by Mirex

PCreator by Reunion

Be sure to also read through the guide.

How to Build FF7PC Models by Borde

Some optional software:

Blender(free open source 3D tool)

Gimp(free 2D image editor)

You've got the right idea.  Just start off small and realize you will not make immaculate models on your first try.  Start with simple objects and improve upon them and learn from them.  Now with PCreator we can bring in any .3ds file and make it a battle or field .p file, so use any modeller you are comfortable with that can export to .3ds.  Now everybody get out there and start modelling!  :-D

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2006-10-18 23:16:26 »
HEEELP!
NPC RP crashes my game. It's not random. There are certain points at which crash occurs. For example right at the start when Barret is about to jump off train. I also tried my savegame near North Corel. World map is wow, fights are wow, field in mining town is wow but whenever I'm trying to enter any tent the game crashes.

After first crash I made new clean install and applied only 1.02 Eidos patch but the problem is the same. So it must be something in char.lpg (mine is 58.7MB after NPC patch).

Before NPC RP patch my game handled just fine ALL of the following patches (latest):
The Saint's hi-res patch
high quality battle Cloud
YAMP with all patches from Dziugo
Advent avatars mod
FF7Music
and even the great Hand patch (I'm desperate to swap this with NPC RP)

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR AWESOME WORK GUYS but it don't work for me!!! Oh my I want it so badly!!!

Heeelp! Anyone with similar symptoms and experiences?
What's wrong???  :cry:

oh and I'm running on XP, Radeon 9600, Athlon XP.

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2006-10-19 00:23:51 »
Have you tried changing the Compatibility Mode of ff7.exe to Windows 95? That worked for me!
« Last Edit: 2006-10-20 02:21:01 by Master Ridley »

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2006-10-19 19:42:16 »
i've got that.
Tried all compatibility modes and none works.  :|

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2006-10-20 02:27:25 »
Did you take off the hand parch when you applied the NPC patch?

Under Graphics in the FF7Config.exe, is NVIDIA checked or not? It doesn't appear that you are runnig NVIDIA.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2006-10-20 14:46:02 »
Did you take off the hand parch when you applied the NPC patch?

yeah.. clean install..remember?

Under Graphics in the FF7Config.exe, is NVIDIA checked or not? It doesn't appear that you are runnig NVIDIA.

doesn't work in software renderer neither in hardware nvidia-tnt ticked.

Mod works... just the crashes at certain points..many points
I's US version install+3 discs

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2006-10-20 19:38:16 »
Probably your char.lgp isn't properly cerated. You know, LGPTools fails systematically for some systems. It's releated with your regional settings. did you tried following the instructions in this thread?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5889.0
Good luck.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2006-10-20 22:39:02 »
Probably your char.lgp isn't properly cerated. You know, LGPTools fails systematically for some systems. It's releated with your regional settings. did you tried following the instructions in this thread?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5889.0
Good luck.

F**K MAAAAAN!!! There's no emoticon that will express my emotion right now!

HELL IT WORKED!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAH!  :lol:

Probably misplaced alphabetical order of CH. In Slovak it goes after H.
I knew about that post but I ignored it 'cause I didn't get any errors while transforming char.lpg
But it was in that! Wuaaaa! I'm happy like a mog.  :lol:

THANK YOU guys! I knew we'll figure it out.  :-D

Now I suggest you put that in NPC readme.txt in installation instructions. That would help many people I think.

Thanks again and especially the three of you who made this wonderful mod.

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2006-11-13 17:59:39 »
I absolutely love you guys, you've really made me happy!!!, I found it quite funny in the sequence with cloud and tifa in the flashback, tifa still looks normal (chocky blocky) while cloud is smaller and realistic.  She just looks bigger than him and he looks like a wee babyyyyyyyyy xD

You've really helped to enhance the game play : <3 much love