Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 571774 times)

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #700 on: 2007-03-18 04:14:24 »
well eather have cait deleted or red (depending on the one that doesnt have the other char tuchin* them

* i dont mean like that u sick sick pervert

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2007-03-18 08:49:58 »
Anyway, here you have the last model I've been working on:
This model has been much harder than I expecetd. I thought I could use my scrapped Tifa model as a base, but it looks like her animations were completly incompatible.
I think there is something wrong with this model. Some kind of misproportion, but I can't tell exactly what's worng. Maybe I'm just going mad. If someone sees some specific problem I'd be glad to hear about it.

It's brilliant! I hadn't even noticed the length of her legs at first but like they said, the socks should be chopped a bit... and maybe those underpants could go under her knees a little and a shorter skirt...  :roll:

EDIT: If I remember right this characer shows up only behind a counter at Chocobo races or Battle arena so the question is whether the discussion about legs is relevant at all.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 2007-03-18 09:04:37 by miracle.flame »

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2007-03-18 09:43:54 »

EDIT: If I remember right this characer shows up only behind a counter at Chocobo races or Battle arena so the question is whether the discussion about legs is relevant at all.  :lol:

ahaha, I suppose you're Right MF :D if their legs aren't shown so we should have 2 LONG legs to make her see better behind the table :D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2007-03-18 10:50:22 »
Nice work there Borde the legs are fine the model is tip top ppl are so little nit picker's now days and seem to forget the fact that we don't get pay for this WE DO THIS COS WE WANT TOO or the how hard it is when you got things to do
The model if anyone forgetting will look fine when it in-game the model never move's anywhere

hey i was just wondering for the next version of the mod could u try to make it so that cait sith is on red xiii? like in ac. that could b great

That never was seen in FF7 so no

Q
Can you  make cloud or anyone from the main party look like there AC counter part

A
Nope AC is 2 years a head of FF7 and ppl change in 2 years what we have on. What their hair looks like Hell ppl change the way they act and speak in years 2 There don't ask don't email don't pm that Q anymore.You know who you are !!!!!!!

Now the the big one my bottle's the thing is i did two so you guys could pick one. The 1st i make and it was not the same as FF7 one the 2nd one. Witch none picked was modeled from the FFXII Potion.

And if ppl did like model No.2 I was going to skin it so it looked just like it but none of you did pick it. But cos i like it i'm going to use both the models. I know that No.2 seem's longer but it not the two was still beaning worked on
« Last Edit: 2007-03-18 11:39:50 by ice_cold513 »

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2007-03-18 10:56:39 »
...ppl are so little nit picker's now days and seem to forget the fact that we don't get pay for this WE DO THIS COS WE WANT TOO or the how hard it is when you got things to do...

If you wish no feedback just lock this topic right away and it's understood.
You should look at the posts here as on suggestions and nothing more. It is definitely up to you to decide what you want and I thought everybody knows that already. People here are just sharing their ideas.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-18 11:00:28 by miracle.flame »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2007-03-18 11:54:50 »
It not that but when you get 10 emails a week all demanding and tell you to change a model or what model they want in the next one

demanding to change models to there AC one's

Change a model too look abit more like the old one

and TELLING ME to redo this model next

OLNY PM EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED HELP

as for Borde model we are testting it now to see if the legs do need fixing cos we like feedback it just i had to let some steem off
« Last Edit: 2007-03-18 12:12:25 by ice_cold513 »

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2007-03-18 12:13:38 »
I fully quote Miracle.Flame. Borde asked about his new model
Borde: "I think there is something wrong with this model. Some kind of misproportion, ..."
and we expressed our thoughts about that, so I think there isn't anything wrong about commenting it. I personally prefer bottle number 1 and I dislike the original model but the idea in making different Patch versions could be fine, just bringing new Ideas...

I think that you're making a GREAT work and you should ignore "stupid" PM and emails talking about "funny" modding on the game and on the models... keep it up like always, you all are doing great but we are here to express all the thing of feedback, that may be a good one or a bad one.

;) (sorry for the English but today I'm not feeling and Englishman :p)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2007-03-18 12:28:04 »
Well ppl we tested it and well

lets say cloud is this big           

I
I
I

the model is this big

I

yeah that right the model was make too
small

I won't be doing the bottle models tell i can get the transparency done on them

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2007-03-18 18:22:00 »
Hey ppl sorry if I'm not here often .... I'm kinda busy these time...  So well... just wanted to give my opinion to the last posts that have been writen here....

First:  ice_cold I think that both the #1 and #2 are good.. but if you manage to apply the texture and tranparency on it... I think the #2 would be definitly better...

Second: Borde as I said to you earlier ... I think this model is very good... just a little to slim.

finaly... well I think that it's very good to have feadback about our work here.... however.... I think it's weird when ppl start complaning about the fact that it's not like the original..... I mean.... the goal of this project is to improve the models right ??  That's for sure that we try to make the model the more "similar" to the original ones... but these days as soon as a new model is made there is at least one person to tell us that it's not enough like the original one... if you don't want to change the game at all... just don't bother to install this patch... that was my opinion... we are here to improve the game... if you want to keep the old model fair enough... but it's not what we want...

But i'm not saying that I don't want feadback.... far from it... it's just that don't expect this patch to be a perfect match with the old models... if so... the project is useless.

Well see you.

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2007-03-18 18:28:52 »
the goal of this project is to improve the models right ??  That's for sure that we try to make the model the more "similar" to the original ones... but these days as soon as a new model is made there is at least one person to tell us that it's not enough like the original one... if you don't want to change the game at all... just don't bother to install this patch...

well I perfectly quote this ;) no more to add, keep it up boyz

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2007-03-18 22:22:12 »
Now that makes two quotes against five before  :-D
but these days as soon as a new model is made there is at least one person to tell us that it's not enough like the original one.
Hm, let' see. This has happened two times out of 80 models? Hardly a very high number. ;-)
But you're missing the point. What I and many others propose is not using the same models or models looking exactly alike to the original ones, but ones which are faithful to the original ART STYLE, which is a very huge difference!

Of course this is a matter of opinion and open to discussion.
And I thought this is one of the reasons you guys post your stuff here  (beside appreciation, of course ;-) ) : to receive some feedback, comments and to discuss.

I think most people here know, what a great job you, Ice_Cold and Borde are doing here and are really thankful to you guys. This is a project that many people are really eager to follow and care about. And exactly for this reason people discuss these things and comment your models.
See it this way: If no one would care about your models, then nobody would make suggestions and constructive (!) criticism regarding them.  :-)

@Borde: Your new model looks extremely great, I'm very impressed!  :-)ä

(Edit: Grammar Errors)
« Last Edit: 2007-03-25 01:16:10 by Wintermute »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2007-03-19 00:41:52 »
Hm, let' see. This has happened two times out of 80 models? Hardly a very high number. ;-)

I know that... but I'm not talking about since the begining of the project... I meant since we started again some months ago.

What I and many others propose is not using the same models or models looking exactly alike to the original ones, but ones which are faithful to the original ART STYLE, which is a very huge difference!

Well... we try to make the models the more similar in many ways to the original one ... but improvements imply changes too... However I understand and completely is for making the models that fit with the original one... but making the characters better will imply improving other models as well... like the bottle I think if we keep the old one like some said.. it won't fit with the new characters ... that's why in my opinion we should change it as well.. beside the models ice_cold did are pretty good...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2007-03-19 06:25:13 »
Borde's new girl is impressive. Great. I, like Wintermute, have been advising against losing the game's style identity when creating enhanced models just because I happen to agree completely with his perspective on this. That does not mean one party is right and the other is wrong of course. It's more a matter of tastes. So far, I must say, you guys at work seem to agree with us too for the most without even realizing perhaps because except a few times (about Tifa, example) the graphical improvements are perfectly on stlye with the original game. And I am really proud of you...Thanks!

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2007-03-19 14:47:04 »
Well... we try to make the models the more similar in many ways to the original one ... but improvements imply changes too...
Storm, I think one thing that should definitely be done is re-lighting the main character models (Cloud, Barrett, etc.) I know they are dark because they were taken directly from the Battle models, etc., but they definitely clash with the NPC models which are lighted in a much more natural way. When one of the Square models is standing next to one of your fabulous NPC models, the lighting clashes and sort of spoils the effect.

Also, I still think Priscilla's boobs are too big. :-P She's supposed to be a little girl.

Thank you and everyone on the team for all your hard work. You are breathing a lot of life into this classic, and adding a lot to the FF7 legacy.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2007-03-19 17:42:32 »
cromas: Well .. it's in our plan to redo all the main character once the all the model are done.. in fact we will probably redo most of the models to improve them even more... so yes a little later the lighing of the main character will be fixed :-).

And for the boobs of Priscilla you are definitively right about that and your not the first one to notice haha... well .. the problem is that when I done this model... kimera wasn't able to move vertices and it was impossible to use any other program than kimera to do the models... so we had to take parts from another model and modify it until it match more or less what you wanted.... and the parts that was the more suitable for the chess of Pricsila was tifa I think because it was easier to make the color effect for the bra.  But now that we can move virtices and even use other programs to modify part and even create new from the scratch... so... it's in my list to fix this someday hehe.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-19 17:44:37 by stormmedia »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2007-03-19 20:19:52 »
Well, I think shortening the legs worked quiet well:

Thanks for the advice  :-D

As for the discussion, of course we want feedback. You can't progress without some construtive criticism. But you know, sometimes too much bad feedback can hurt. And I can see why ice_cold513 got pissed. With all those absurd requests he gets via PM everyone would end up hating humanity.

Anyway, I don't think this matter need any more comments.

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2007-03-19 20:22:01 »
Good work ;) as always

bojangles3

« Reply #717 on: 2007-03-20 00:11:53 »
Hi Im sorry if I'm being a noob but I only just found out this whole thing existed and am very excited about replaying my favourite game of all time with new and improved characters, however I am having some slight problem.

Took me awhile to figure out how to get it working but when I saw the two red soldiers come into focus I was very happy but then the backround vanished and turned black but the characters continued their routine normally.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

I checked the Final Fantasy Configuration Utility it says Fail beside 8-bit Paletted Textures, if that makes a difference.

Any help is really appreciated
cheers.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2007-03-20 00:44:30 »
Well.... it doesn't look like the problem is related to the patch... can you tell us what graphic card you use?? ... and what windows you use?? ... did you install the 1.02 patch ??...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2007-03-20 08:47:02 »
The corrections to the girls' legs make for a definitive version of that NPC! Congratulations, Borde!  :wink:

bojangles3

« Reply #720 on: 2007-03-20 10:35:43 »
Thanks for replying

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300 graphics card

Im running Windows XP Professional sp2

I used the NCP RP v0.6 patch from the link on the first page of this topic.

Theres a v1.02?

EDIT: I was using the XP patch but tried the 1.02 patch just there, no change.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-20 10:46:16 by bojangles3 »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2007-03-20 18:04:41 »
Humm... you can try installing the Higher resolution patch... it's a patch that makes the resolution of the game higher... I don't know exactly why but it helped some to fix compatibility problem between there graphic card and the game....
Here the link to the topic of this patch:
ttp://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6005.0

Note: You need the 1.02 patch to get this patch to work.. and if you don't have the U.S. version you have to rename some files and install the 1.02 patch of the U.S. version.. there is more detail about how to install it in a non U.S. version at the bottom of the first post of the Higher resolution patch's thread.

Tell us if it worked.

bojangles3

« Reply #722 on: 2007-03-21 16:24:44 »
No luck I'm afraid. I do have the U.S. version. Thanks for the help anyway. Any other words of wisdom?
Cheers.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2007-03-21 18:59:23 »
So so so awesome work guys, well, i have a question, ive downloaded the final version posted in the forum but its suposed to chage the worldmap characters? (i think ive heard that in the forum but i not sure..) the thing is my game doesnt change that..some help please?^^

murak

« Reply #724 on: 2007-03-21 21:09:37 »
Sephiroth Crescent, were the field, world_us, and chocabo lgp files the default ones and did you maxium install FF7? If so, did you create a new lgp file with the updated models in the folders that you create to make it work? Also, it does update the world map files.
Hey, since I know you, I could send you a PM with a link to my working files if you can't get it working.