Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 570970 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #750 on: 2007-04-29 18:42:00 »
I have spent the last hours combing the internet for the answer to this problem and this thread is the closest thing to it but not quite:

Haha I Hope this is the closest thing to it since it's the official thread of this project  :-D.  So you have the direct answers from us, the developpers of the project.

Anyway this have been discused a lot.  Thing is that with the NPC intaller you have to target the folder: "...\final fantasy VII\data\" instead of: "...\final fantasy VII\data\field\char\".  This is some kind of mistake with the patcher.  I think it will be fixed with the next version.

hope it helped.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-20 22:11:10 by stormmedia »

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2007-05-03 10:40:16 »
Thing is that with the NPC intaller you have yo target the folder: "...\final fantasy VII\data\" instead of: "...\final fantasy VII\data\field\char\".  This is some kind of mistake with the patcher.  I think it will be fixed with the next version.

hope it helped.

This is fixed in the current version, right? The installer displays the correct path now. Wanted to make a hex fix for it since next version release so I don't see any confused newbies anymore, but as I see targeting seems to be just fine now :)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2007-05-03 17:34:40 »
This is fixed in the current version, right? The installer displays the correct path now. Wanted to make a hex fix for it since next version release so I don't see any confused newbies anymore, but as I see targeting seems to be just fine now :)

Well the problem isn't the default path of the patcher.  It's the fact that it point to the "data" folder instead of the "char" folder. So, if someone didn't install the game into the default directory, they will have to redirect it.  And when they do redirect it, they redirect it to the "char" folder instead of the "data" folder.

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2007-05-03 18:08:47 »
Ok... got it ;) Thanks for making it clear anyway. BTW I'm playing the game from my widescreen laptop running Windows Vista with no errors at all :D

EDIT: Runs even smoother than on XP. Didn't have any of the issues I used to have on XP till now. Weird, huh?

MOD EDIT: I'm not even going to ask why you would double post, only to quote your entire first post with nothing to add... I'll just delete. I'm the Deletor!
« Last Edit: 2007-05-04 10:59:40 by Jari »

vincent1997

• i sell drugs for a living
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2007-05-11 14:55:33 »
hello everyone!!!

it'a been 1 year since i downloaded the npc construction project!

and it works nicely, i like the models... looks more, cool =D

well anyway!!! its been awhile since i've been here, i guess i just wanna know hows everyone doin!

any news on the patch?

cheers  :mrgreen:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2007-05-11 17:40:59 »
Well, I'm doing fine thanks for asking hehe.

Now into the news.  Ice_cold did a lot of new models since the last version of the patch.  Borde improved a lot Kimera which makes our work a lot easier. And for me, well, I've been working a lot on a model that I made from the scratch with 3DS Max.  At first it was a test I made but it turned out fine so I think I gonna use it ingame hehe.  I'm almost done texturing I'll just have to modify one texture and it will be fine.

Here a shot of this model:

I think I don't have to tell you which one is before and which one is after  :-D. (Click on the image for bigger view)

Here a shot of the face of the model:

(Click on the image for bigger view)

After this model I think I'll start to redo some main character (field and battle) because it's starting to get weird since some field model actually looks better than the main characters's battle models:-P.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #756 on: 2007-05-11 22:16:08 »
Your model looks really great i think! I cant wait till the next release!

PS: in fact i can wait, because FF7 doesnt work for me at the moment...  :-(

vincent1997

• i sell drugs for a living
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2007-05-12 01:29:12 »
Wow! thats so cool! as expected from mr.stormmedia! =D

Wheres Ice_cold now?

So whats the version of the npc reconstruction patch now? last year I think what i downloaded was v0.5

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2007-05-12 02:10:14 »
Hey just curios but what, out of all the field characters made you decide to do the snow lady. Just asking because it just seems a rather obscure character to pick, nice work with her though by the way.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2007-05-12 07:52:08 »
Great job, stormmedia! Looking forward to your next models!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2007-05-12 10:31:18 »
Yes,
 stormy good model but wait till you see the sephiroth i'm doing. Muhaha

vincent1997
What's up?
I'm right here, i'm not going anywhere too.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2007-05-12 15:17:51 »
Hey just curios but what, out of all the field characters made you decide to do the snow lady. Just asking because it just seems a rather obscure character to pick, nice work with her though by the way.

Oh well, it's just that it was the next one in my to do list and I decided I wanted to try Pcreator.  I wanted to use if for some time but I was too lazy to make a whole model in 3ds max just for a test :-P.  So with this one I finally decided myself to do it hehe.  Most of my test was related to the Unwrap mapping.  I had never messed a lot with it before, so I had to learn it the hard way.  Now that I made all the test I wanted I'm ready to do all my next models that way hehe.

Thanks everyone for your support  :-).

--Edit--
So whats the version of the npc reconstruction patch now? last year I think what i downloaded was v0.5
We are at v0.6 now.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-12 21:46:07 by stormmedia »

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2007-05-15 04:01:10 »
I've decided to not give a crap about the kingdom hearts conversion and those that abandon it.
You guys are doing such a great job and this will be the one and only patch anyone ever needs for realistic models.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Little Problem with the Project?
« Reply #763 on: 2007-05-15 15:03:57 »
Hi, this project is progressing really fine!  :lol:

But there seems to be a problem in the actual project, but maybe its only a problem for me. The game crashes sometimes when it attempts to load a specific file from char.lgp, its sibi.rsd and sibd.rsd, at least its the last entry in the App.log file.
When i use original char.lgp, it doesnt crash.
Crach locations: In Aeris's house when you go sleep after you see a scene with Clouds mom and when you enter the Honeybee Inn.

I modified my char.lgp just with NPC-PCP 0.6 i think...

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2007-05-15 16:09:34 »
Well,  did you look if you have them ?  Because I just check and for me those files are suppose to be there.  So look if you have them in your char.lgp.  If not try to reinstall the game (or simply get a fresh char.lgp) and reinstall the patch from the beginning (meaning re extract the char.lgp, start the patcher, remake the char.lgp, play).

Hope it helped.
Let us know if anything went wrong again­.

Wuz:
Well, basically what we do in the NPC is take a model from the field modifying them with parts from the battle.lgp(or with parts we made ourselves like the last model I did) and make sure it work okey ingame.  We don't use any material that we didn't modified ourselves (except for the main characters that have been ported from the battle.lgp by Reunion long ago).  But I'm quite sure he don't mind if we use them... (I'm gonna P.M him to make sure he don't).  Beside we intent to redo the main characters so we won't use them forever.  Anyway, my point here is that since we do or modify all the models by ourself, as long as we don't make money I don't think Square will bother trying to shut us down.  However those who took the models from KH2 or from any other places can be blamed by the authors.  I think that's why it's more risky for them than for us to have some problem with an author.

--Edit--
Asked to Reunion about his models and he said he didn't mind.  A big thanks to him!!  :-)
« Last Edit: 2007-05-17 03:49:59 by stormmedia »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #765 on: 2007-05-15 16:41:41 »
The files are where they are supposed to be. Seems like FF7 cant acces them or they refer to a file that does not exist. I'm reinstalling the RCP atm.
EDIT: Seems like its a problem with my Highwind-LGP-Editor. The sibi/sibd was Clouds feet poly, and i didnt see that in game, and so strangely it crashed just sometimes. When i created the new LGP-File with LGP-Tools, it worked in FF7. Maybe its a problem in the hashtable thang in the LGPs, because the editors DID display the "corrupted" files.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-15 17:21:20 by Christian »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2007-05-15 18:08:29 »
Well, a corrupted file can do some weird things.  A RSD or a P file can work most of the time and just from a place where it needs a specific animation it will freeze.  It is unlikely but it can happen.  I guess that's what happened to you.  The fact that an editor can perfectly read it and the game cannot doesn't surprise me at all.  For example if the 8th byte of a TEX file is "00" the texture will show fine in Biturn but will not have any transparency in-game.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #767 on: 2007-05-15 18:13:23 »
Well, a corrupted file can do some weird things.  A RSD or a P file can work most of the time and just from a place where it needs a specific animation it will freeze.  It is unlikely but it can happen.  I guess that's what happened to you.  The fact that an editor can perfectly read it and the game cannot doesn't surprise me at all.  For example if the 8th byte of a TEX file is "00" the texture will show fine in Biturn but will not have any transparency in-game.
I compared the two lgp-Files, the working one made with LGP-Tools and the corrupted one made with Highwind.
The only difference was one Index-Entry, it was 00 in the wrong case and some other bytes in the working file. I guess i'll have to search for that bug in Highwind...

TBBCKyle

« Reply #768 on: 2007-05-19 13:23:04 »
Hi, having trouble installing the NPC mod, when I try installing it after extracting the char file, it says one of the files is an unrecognised version.....I have the EU Uk version of the game, any ideas?? Cheers!

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #769 on: 2007-05-19 15:16:26 »
Try that:
Remove the char folder where you extracted your char.lgp and all file in it.
Insert a ff7 cd and goto to field or char folder and check for char.lgp. Open this file with your favourite LGP-extractor and extract all files to ff7\data\field\char.
Then you should be able to run NPC-Patch and create your new char.lgp.

zawahra

« Reply #770 on: 2007-05-21 19:05:55 »
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I successfully followed all the steps of the "NPC Reconstruction Project for FF7PC 0.6 mod  by Borde+ice_cold513+Stormmedia  (LGPtools by ficedula http://ficedula.co.uk/)"
to get these new enhancements to my copy of FF7 PC,

but as soon as i run FF7, it runs normally until i select "NEW GAME", once it is selected, the program crashes saying that the software stopped working...

please!! some help me out im really anxious to see these new models!!!  :?
« Last Edit: 2007-05-21 19:58:26 by zawahra »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2007-05-21 20:31:52 »
Well, that looks more like a tech problem to me, probably related to your movies.  Did you try if the game works without the NPC RC?  Because I don't think that the patch did 'cause this problem.  Your problem seems to be that your movies doesn't play, so you can try this which is in "The Great FF7 FAQ (read before posting for FF7 support!"

Problem: My movies play upside-down, or my movies don't play at all.

Solution: Download and install the upside-down movie patch here.  If you have FFDshow installed, you must disable FFDshow's "True Motion" support through the FFDshow Video Decoder Configuration.

Hope it helped.

zawahra

« Reply #772 on: 2007-05-21 22:00:06 »
Well, that looks more like a tech problem to me, probably related to your movies.  Did you try if the game works without the NPC RC?  Because I don't think that the patch did 'cause this problem.  Your problem seems to be that your movies doesn't play, so you can try this which is in "The Great FF7 FAQ (read before posting for FF7 support!"

Problem: My movies play upside-down, or my movies don't play at all.

Solution: Download and install the upside-down movie patch here.  If you have FFDshow installed, you must disable FFDshow's "True Motion" support through the FFDshow Video Decoder Configuration.

Hope it helped.
the game wasnt working until i downloaded the truemotion 2.0 codec, then it was working fine.... then I found out about your NPC patch and wanted to try it out.

now i installed it exactly as instructed, and i get a crash after i select new game...

i know the FMVs should work because the squaresoft intro FMV works fine...

this is a frustrating issue, btw im running on windows vista.

nukruk

« Reply #773 on: 2007-05-23 10:59:58 »
i can't finish run NPC-PCP 0.6 with ff7
ff7\data\field\char\xxxx.x unknown version
what should i do
help me plz  :cry:
thx

borak2k7

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2007-05-23 16:46:47 »
Put this on for the first time the other day. Wicked mod! Absolutely love it!