Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 571131 times)

paladin181

• View Profile
Re: [Release] NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #875 on: 2007-10-23 21:38:54 »
Thanks Borde. I appreciate the help, even if I am helpless to figure out how to change the Cloud model there. I actually kinda like it, since the model is so much smaller, though.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2007-10-24 21:48:13 »
Well paladin181, it's basically the same as with the field model,

As for your comments Salk, I undesrtand your point. Yes, certainly stormmedia said what he said: he is going to take a different approach and change his style radically. So yes, you could say that his models will clash with those made by me or ice_cold513. But they won't clash any more than the original lego models, so I can't see why could they harm the project.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2007-10-25 00:07:34 »
Ok. Thanks.. i just had to run through the *.hrc files to find which one was clouds. Got it figured out now. Thanks again for the patience with an old man who doesn't understand programming nearly as much as he'd like.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2007-10-25 05:29:57 »
So yes, you could say that his models will clash with those made by me or ice_cold513. But they won't clash any more than the original lego models, so I can't see why could they harm the project.

Well...  :-D I thought that the NPC Project had, among his goals, to make us eventually forget about the lego models. A clash of style will surely end up reminding me of those instead...  8-)

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2007-10-25 14:22:20 »
So yes, you could say that his models will clash with those made by me or ice_cold513. But they won't clash any more than the original lego models, so I can't see why could they harm the project.

Well...  :-D I thought that the NPC Project had, among his goals, to make us eventually forget about the lego models. A clash of style will surely end up reminding me of those instead...  8-)
Not to sound rude, but you don't have to use the mod, or even better you can make all the models yourself for consistency in your game. The people who make mods do so in their own free time, and often enough with no compensation save for the thanks that others give them. While tweaking and bug reporting are normal and usually appreciated from modders, nitpicking and "this isn't right for me" isn't appreciated.

I'm a long time modder of TES3 and part time modder on TES4, and I'll openly admit, there's people who can do things which I can't even dream of doing. But I don't tell them their work is not good enough or too inconsistent for me to enjoy because the game doesn't fit quite right.

While constructive criticism (when solicited by the modder) is ok, I have to say this rudeness is uncalled for in a public discussion, because they're doing something, FOR FREE that others can enjoy, that either you can't- or don't want to be troubled with taking the time to- do.

While my request of an edit or model without the Buster Sword could have been taken as an insult, I did not berate them about my immersion. I did a little leg work and figured out how to mod it for my game, even if just modifying the files they released. I did not demand that the model be changed because it didn't fit with MY game.

So while your original statement wasn't out of line, as modder's etiquette goes, your continued arguing about Stormmedia's "lack of proficiency" is completely out there.

You can criticize me all you like for this rant, I don't care. Someone needs to stand up for the modders here. Take a look at TES boards for an example of how to treat modders.

That's my 2 cents.

By the way, guys, GREAT mod, and I'm looking forward to further releases!!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2007-10-25 20:45:42 »
By the way, guys, GREAT mod, and I'm looking forward to further releases!!

cough cough 4 weeks cough

Well models are made, patch is ready

Scribe

« Reply #881 on: 2007-10-26 14:59:28 »
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you all for putting so much time in this project (since 2005? :-o). Second, I need some help with the fourth and final step of the 'patching' (I think it's called?). This step is very unclear to me:

4) Create a new char.lgp useing lgptools and delete the char folder.

For someone like me, who has few knowledge of computers, this step is very tricky. Let me first explain what I did:

1. I patched FFVII it using the official 1.02 patch.
2. I used the XP-patch.
3. I downloaded LGPtools from Ficedula's website.
4. I extracted all the files in char.lgp with Ficedula's lgptools to D:\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\char (this is my FFVII folder).
5. I ran the NPC Reconstruction Project.exe.
6. I posted on this board. ;)

I hope you some of you guys can help me out with the final step(s?) to enjoy this great game once again.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!  :-D

-Scribe
« Last Edit: 2007-10-26 16:19:25 by Scribe »

Scribe

« Reply #882 on: 2007-10-26 15:17:14 »
For more clarity, here's a screenshot of my 'Field' folder.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7789/hjhjkgis5.jpg

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2007-10-26 15:57:56 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-26 17:34:57 by paladin181 »

Scribe

« Reply #884 on: 2007-10-26 16:03:35 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 2007-10-27 14:33:41 by Scribe »

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2007-10-26 16:14:47 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 2007-10-26 17:34:43 by paladin181 »

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2007-10-27 02:41:17 »
:-o Really? I have FFVII legally on my PS1 though, and I know you and I can both understand that buying the same game twice on different platforms, whilst having no standard extra's or whatsover, is pretty much a waste of money, especially when you're not 100% sure if the addons and patches everyone on the internet is talking about actually work.  :? Can't you please make an exception? I mean, I can definitly understand your point of view, if I would've made something where I put so much time into, I wouldn't want people to just download everything aswell, but you gotta admit (although I don't know where you come from, I live in the Netherlands), this game is almost impossible to find in the stores. I even think I wouldn't even hesitate buying the game if I'd see the game laying in a rack in a local gamestore here, though I'm the kinda person who wants to "test" (or just play 'till I drop in this case) the game (or musicalbum for that matter) before I actually buy it. That way I can find out if the patches actually work and wether the game is actually worth buying again.

I so hope you guys understand me.  :-)

-Scribe
So, your cheating Square out of their money because you don't want to buy FF7 again. If the world worked like that (not having to buy something a second time), then I should be able to walk into a super market and take all the food I've previously bought or get free gas at a gas station cause I already bought gas before. The world doesn't look like that so the fact that you stole FF7 PC because you own FF7 PSX! Perhaps I should send Square and email about that and see if they agree with you!

And just because it's rare doesn't make it ok to steal it! If you can't find it in stores, search the internet. Ebay and Amazon have FF7 PC on stock so you have no excuse. Buy the Damn Game!
« Last Edit: 2007-10-27 18:09:08 by Master Ridley »

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2007-10-27 10:24:14 »
Actualy you buy licence. So if you have licence... you dont need buy same game twice...(hmm I dont know you country law)
(but I didnt read licence, so I dont know what is written there:P)

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2007-10-27 10:29:01 »
It doesn't matter though. He still pirated the game and the forum won't work with pirated games.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2007-10-27 11:04:59 »
Yeah, but, I dont know why he wrote red respose, its hard to read, and not polite:P
And, he can conntact square soft, and ask, if he has PSX version, If he can use PC version.(or read forum rulez and dont write about his FF7 version...)
It should not matter, whith data you use, if you have valid licence.
But yeah, I realy dont know why I resposed to this "offtopic".
« Last Edit: 2007-10-27 11:09:14 by kruci »

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2007-10-27 12:51:03 »
Yeah, but, I dont know why he wrote red respose, its hard to read, and not polite:P
And, he can conntact square soft, and ask, if he has PSX version, If he can use PC version.(or read forum rulez and dont write about his FF7 version...)
It should not matter, whith data you use, if you have valid licence.
But yeah, I realy dont know why I resposed to this "offtopic".

That's actually inaccurate since the license for each format is different. Purchasing a license for PSX is not a license for PC, X-box or any other port of the game. But I'm not here to argue legality in the NPC_RP thread. And neither should you be.

ON-TOPIC: 4 weeks sounds great. I'm looking forward to the new release, and I'm glad someone still mods for a nearly 10 year old game.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2007-10-27 13:14:48 »
1St

Thank you trying to stay on topic

4 weeks is if any-thing is wrong with the patch im sending it to the testers now
When they say there no errors i will up load it all for you

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2007-10-27 18:13:06 »
Consider me typing in red as part of a signature. I've been typing in read on all the other forums I've gone to but this forum is very light colored so I'll go purple.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #893 on: 2007-10-31 03:37:00 »
1St

Thank you trying to stay on topic

4 weeks is if any-thing is wrong with the patch im sending it to the testers now
When they say there no errors i will up load it all for you

Are you saying it's completely finished?  Or is it 0.7?  Either way, it's very cool that you guys have got it going again.  Thank you :)
Oh and I wouldn't mind testing it ;)

nonnaseth

« Reply #894 on: 2007-10-31 15:22:51 »
Ive tried all the links and no one gives me a file??? Help please. Looks cool on the pictures :)

nonnaseth

« Reply #895 on: 2007-10-31 15:24:26 »
Ive tried all the link but no link works??? Can you help me get this mod please?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2007-10-31 16:18:22 »
Tray again. All of them work for me.

nonnaseth

« Reply #897 on: 2007-10-31 16:24:06 »
Can you give me the link that you used?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2007-10-31 16:31:00 »
They are in the first post.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2007-11-07 07:19:52 »

So while your original statement wasn't out of line, as modder's etiquette goes, your continued arguing about Stormmedia's "lack of proficiency" is completely out there.

You can criticize me all you like for this rant, I don't care. Someone needs to stand up for the modders here. Take a look at TES boards for an example of how to treat modders.

I tried to be as gentle as I could with my criticism and I realized it could hurt stormmedia's, Borde's or ice_cold513's sensibility anyway. To them, I apologize, if that is the case. Still, my answer to Borde was just a normal reply to his original statement. While I am really happy that there are people like you that feel the need to stand up for modders (proper nick, by the way), I do believe these guys have broad enough shoulders for discussing things directly with people providing feedback. I am a modder myself and I believe criticism is not important but plain essential.

I have also pointed out that I won't play this mod in case it will end up not being homogeneous in its different contributions. So your invitation to not play this mod is uncalled for and redundant.

Said that, I believe this project is very good and that it has a big potential. My thanks and congratulations come more than once in this same long thread. Sometimes alternated with criticism which I have always hoped could be called "constructive" because argumented. Feel free to label them instead as simple whines. Others have done it before, I will not mind.