Author Topic: Trying again :)  (Read 26130 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Trying again :)
« Reply #25 on: 2014-04-28 23:36:59 »
the whole point of the switches is so that i can set resource path for linux (/usr/share/q-gears/data) is the data folder /usr/share/q-gears/ contains the .cfg files. im going to try with out the switches. once those are working the package will install a working copy (always a plus lol)

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-04-29 00:37:16 »
I tweaked the code to run qgears in a window.

Now i can run in multi monitor. I'm not sure why it wasn't workin.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-04-29 01:23:01 »
hmm Now that I got something working that I can fiddle with. I wonder what goal I should have. What thing I should try to work on?

Should I start a new thread and let this thread end?

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-04-29 06:15:40 »
qgears should run in windowed mode all by it self, not sure maybe I changed it to respect the ogre config window, you could try to reverse your changes delete the ogre.cfg (maybe qgears.cfg) to get the config window again and just disable fullscreen in the ogre config dialog

as for what todo
only thing that comes to my mind would be to try and run qgears on some of the original ff7 files, check out the unit tests maybe, I left the resource paths etc in the code and I'll try to be available on irc, I'm on gmt+2 though
maybe we should try and get a ticketing system :D
source forge most likely has one the project owner would just need to enable it :)

the command line switches should actually work, I use the program-options package from boost for that, so maybe just the right version is needed, maybe you could come up with a unit-test for them?

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-04-29 15:00:09 »
Which irc server and channel you guys use?

I'm not sure what to do for unit tests. Since I haven't wrote any of this, I'm not sure how it all works. I spent some of last night trying to follow along. Maybe I should run in debug mode and step. hmm

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #30 on: 2014-04-29 18:26:49 »
qhimm.com on esper.net

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-04-29 19:23:18 »
I meant merely running the unit tests there is a build target for the tests if u enabled them in the cmake config and there is an executable for every test after building to run them separately