Author Topic: Crashing on mod download - including FusionLog  (Read 4502 times)

Garrickus

• View Profile
Crashing on mod download - including FusionLog
« on: 2019-08-12 10:37:49 »
I'm getting the same issues as others, and I enabled FusionLog to see if it would help diagnose; I can post the logs here but there's 96KB worth of them to go through.

Would it be easiest to wait for a new release?

For clarity, this is the error I'm getting:
Spoiler: show
Code: [Select]
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96'
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.InstallModProcedure.ProcessDownload(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

And the error I'm getting with FusionLog on:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96'
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Running under executable  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7thHeaven-v1.5.6.10\7thHeaven.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Steam/steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VII/mods/7thHeaven-v1.5.6.10/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : 7thHeaven.Code, Version=1.5.6.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7thHeaven-v1.5.6.10\7thHeaven.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Steam/steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VII/mods/7thHeaven-v1.5.6.10/SharpCompress.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Minor Version
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Crashing on mod download - including FusionLog
« Reply #1 on: 2019-08-12 12:29:15 »
When and where from did you download 7H?

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-08-12 12:37:37 »
Yesterday, from the link on the main thread.

mrkastopolis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-08-12 17:21:38 »

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-08-13 03:56:00 »
Strife just reverted the FAQ to point to a slightly earlier revision, which should be functional.  Delete everything 7H related (except the IRO files themselves, you can manually re-import them and save the download) and start back at step 1 of the FAQ

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-08-13 06:15:59 »
Thank you, I no longer get an error from downloading, but I did get this error when activating a mod from the catalogue:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 551
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoActivate(Guid modID) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 611
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 851
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 907
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 200
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Note: this only seems to happen when activating single mods, and didn't crash when using the "Activate all mods" command.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-08-13 13:42:34 »
Can't say I've seen that one before... are you sure you nuked everything having to do with 7H (except for the .iro files), and there's no stray .xml, .cfg, or other detritus?

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-08-13 14:33:24 »
Absolutely. I got it to work eventually, and managed to get several mods installed and sorted in what I think is a suitable load order.

Now I'm having the issue where I can't select VGMStream in Aali's driver settings without it reverting back to 'none'.

2 questions:

1)is strife Spanish?

2)does the version of 7H he uploaded still carry info from his/her computer? There is an error on Launch Game now that ends in
C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1263

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-08-13 14:46:23 »
Post your mod load order and I'll give it a look-over.  I don't know where strife hails from, but the error you're seeing comes from the person who built that revision

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-08-13 14:57:06 »
Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Pre-Rendered Backgrounds (field + char + minigames)
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
NinoStyle Models
Battle Models - Enemies
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Battle Textures (battle)
Ninostyle Chibi
FF7 NT IRO 5th July 2019
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection
Spell Textures
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Menu Avatars (menu)
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - World Textures (world)

As you can see I've tried to stick to the FAQ load order where possible but replaced with other mods I prefer in place. I've tried shifting things about and can't make any use of it.

I assumed strife was the one who made the revision for whatever reason but obviously that was pretty stupid. Will that make this rev useless or is this something I can point elsewhere?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-08-13 17:21:44 »
Try this:
Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
NinoStyle Models
Battle Models - Enemies
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Battle Textures (battle)
Ninostyle Chibi
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Pre-Rendered Backgrounds (field + char + minigames)
FF7 NT IRO 5th July 2019
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Music and Sound
*****Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Menu Avatars (menu)
*****Menu - Avatars and Backdrops

Minigames Collection
Spell Textures
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - World Textures (world)

You need to pick just one of the menu avatar mods... two mods affecting the same object can cause Strange Things(tm) to happen.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-08-13 23:44:40 »
That won’t cause anything strange. Whichever is highest on the list will load first. All below will get checked and any duplicate file names will be ignored.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-08-14 12:21:24 »
I couldn't get VGMStream to work at all. Plugin was in the right folder and there were files located where they should have been but every time I selected the plugin using Aali's driver it would switch back to 'none' when I brought the window up again.

So I uninstalled everything and cleaned the registry as well as ran CCleaner. All good.

Reinstalled FFVII from Steam.
Followed the step-by-step to a T using the 1.56 version of 7H in the FAQ.
Installed mods with the load order I listed above, missing out the Remako one listed and shifted things around otherwise for preference.
Loaded the game with no issues whatsoever. Music was working, mods seemed to be working AFAIK.

Beat Guard Scorpion and headed round to leave the reactor and I encounter another guard scorpion that for some reason does 7k damage to me for whatever reason. I had a similar bug on an earlier botched install that made what I assume was a New Threat encounter pop up on my way down the steps after the lift in reactor 1.

I searched and found this:

Your lookup tables in the scene.bin are messed up. You should clean your registry and start fresh. Check the FAQ thread on how to start over with a fresh install.

so I understand what the problem is there, but on two installs in a row? I'm 100% sure I did that bit right. I'll try it in a VM if it doesn't work this time.

That's not a huge issue if it's only the Scorpion that is messed up. I can just use the mod to skip the encs for a bit. Problem is now I can't load the game again because every time I do I get the same
System.ApplicationException: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR:unknown error in injected assembler code. (Code 5) that I had previously which ended in a filepath that links to whoever made the revisions computer.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-08-14 12:52:44 »
I haven’t played NT yet, but I believe GS is a boss that will follow you throughout the game. I think if you try to grab the potion behind Jessie after freeing her, it’s a trap with a busted up GS.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-08-14 12:58:49 »
I haven’t played NT yet, but I believe GS is a boss that will follow you throughout the game. I think if you try to grab the potion behind Jessie after freeing her, it’s a trap with a busted up GS.

Very possible that it's a bug with the Jessie Mod. That's getting deactivated then.

Any ideas on the failure to launch? You said you used a version of 1.56 from 2017 and had no issues so is there a way I could get a link for that please?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2019-08-14 13:08:04 »
Problem is now I can't load the game again because every time I do I get the same
System.ApplicationException: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR:unknown error in injected assembler code. (Code 5)
Code:5 errors are generally resolved by setting the "Run in 640x480" compatibility flag on whichever ff7.exe you're loading.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-08-14 13:25:07 »
Code:5 errors are generally resolved by setting the "Run in 640x480" compatibility flag on whichever ff7.exe you're loading.

Worked a treat that. Thanks.

I'll try and keep the issues to a minimum from now.