Final Fantasy 7 > Support

Installing new translation mod?

<< < (2/2)

rinaldus:
I've read that. And I get that 7H and Reunion aren't interested in working with each other at the moment. But would it be possible for a third party to just take all of DLPM's translation–sacrilegious as such a thing would be as it equates to theft–and make some custom mod/iro that works with the 7th Heaven Mod Manager? I know it's kinda looked down to talk about this stuff, but I ask purely outta curiosity.

LordUrQuan:

--- Quote from: rinaldus on 2020-04-26 07:28:46 ---I've read that. And I get that 7H and Reunion aren't interested in working with each other at the moment. But would it be possible for a third party to just take all of DLPM's translation–sacrilegious as such a thing would be as it equates to theft–and make some custom mod/iro that works with the 7th Heaven Mod Manager? I know it's kinda looked down to talk about this stuff, but I ask purely outta curiosity.

--- End quote ---
It's not an "at the moment" sort of thing, nor is it that we've got some kind of animosity towards each other... they're just completely different frameworks that are totally incompatible with each other.  Could someone tear apart Reunion to make a 7H IRO pack?  Don't hold your breath.  As noted in the thread we've referenced, Reunion does a LOT more than just fix the translation.  DLPB has fixed a number of other "original to the game" bugs and reworked a significant portion of the sound engine, so it's not as if someone can just do a direct comparison and copy them all over.

rinaldus:
Ah, you're gonna have to excuse my ignorance, as I'm completely lacking in knowledge when it comes to modding. I've never built a mod, let alone one for FFVII. Nor have I parsed through the data files of the game or reunion's files to see how complex it is.

As an outsider, I thought that ultimately all Beacause is at the end of the day is new text, so I had thought maybe it would be theoretically possible to copy and paste line by line DLPM's translation and build a 7H compatible iro with it from the ground up. Though I imagine doing so would justifiably bring about some animosity towards the individual who tried to do that.

But my curiosity stands, and I do wonder if it's possible. And if anyone would be able to stop you if you tried.

rinaldus:
Ah, well if you're against it then I understand. Never mind the question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version