Author Topic: New to FF7 modding but what is the latest?  (Read 3848 times)

FF74Jim

New to FF7 modding but what is the latest?
« on: 2009-07-27 21:22:53 »
Hi everyone

I apologise in advance if this annoys anyone however I am very confused with all this modding lark.

I have recently bought FF7 for the PC and ugraded it with 1.2 patch. I have come across the high res saiNT mod and the Reunion patch to make it look better however I have noticed they do seem to be very old.

What are latest and greatest mods to increase the aesthetic look of FF7 and where can I find them?

Many thanks.

EDIT: I have been looking through and notice that the Aali driver and PRP are good, would somebody tell me where can I get the latest versions? I can't seem to find them.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-27 22:19:29 by FF74Jim »

Xelane

• View Profile
Re: New to FF7 modding but what is the latest?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-28 00:48:28 »
I dunno about where to get the mods since i got them awhile back, but i find that the best enhancements to looks would be:

apz cloud model
official high res patch
npc reconstruction project OR
Advent children mod (if you can get your hands on kula wende's version)

then for gameplay enhancement:

YAMP
wallmarket
jenova save editor
Any editors that change the game itself like script,scene,enemy editors

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-28 01:59:45 »
Replace "official hi res patch" with "custom graphics driver" and now you're talking.

Graphics is great and all, but if you have terrible sound it ruins the experience.  Download FF7Music.  You will want FinalFanTim's mp3's (or the OST mp3's)  and try to find a link that was posted containing a muted midi.lgp.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-28 02:49:44 »
Actually, with the latest version of the driver, it's *impossible* to use both MIDI and FF7Music at the same time.
If you use the FF7Music plugin, MIDI won't play, if you don't, FF7Music won't work.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-28 02:57:01 »
Actually, with the latest version of the driver, it's *impossible* to use both MIDI and FF7Music at the same time.
If you use the FF7Music plugin, MIDI won't play, if you don't, FF7Music won't work.
So by using the driver, FF7Music will work but not play midis.  OR FF7 Music won't work at all?  Not that it's a bad thing, just wanted to make sure I understand correctly.
Also, have you figured out what causes the music to cut out completely during the first reactor escape?