Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839425 times)

gnollboll

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.2)
« Reply #9900 on: 2020-07-30 20:06:00 »
Thanks, I found it now, trying to find Slash-all and MP Turbo now.. ( I can't for the life of me find MP Turbo, is it hidden in snow like Added Effect was?
Also the save point at the cabin in Great Glacier caused a softlock for me as well when I tried to press Square/Switch
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30 20:24:21 by gnollboll »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: 2020-07-30 20:27:00 »
Thanks, I found it now, trying to find Slash-all and MP Turbo now..
Also the save point at the cabin in Great Glacier caused a softlock for me as well when I tried to press Square/Switch

I wasn't able to replicate a lock there but I'll check the script for any potential interference that could cause that.

MP Turbo is dropped by Schizo (the documentation was updated in 2.0.2 as it was erroneously reported as being in the Glacier), while Slash-All is on one of the paths coming down the mountain, to access it use this exit from the Mountain area on the far-right of the Glacier:
Spoiler: show

When you're on this path it should be shaped as: \ rather than: / and will be 2-3 screens down sitting on your right hand side.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: 2020-07-30 20:31:37 »
I wasn't able to replicate a lock there but I'll check the script for any potential interference that could cause that.

MP Turbo is dropped by Schizo (the documentation was updated in 2.0.2 as it was erroneously reported as being in the Glacier), while Slash-All is on one of the paths coming down the mountain, to access it use this exit from the Mountain area on the far-right of the Glacier:

When you're on this path it should be shaped as: \ rather than: / and will be 2-3 screens down sitting on your right hand side.
Oh thanks, guess I gotta download the updated changelog  :o

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: 2020-07-30 20:34:00 »
It should be on the front post of this thead as well, under the collapsible Changelog section, to save the hassle of downloading files.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: 2020-07-30 20:45:11 »
no matter how hard i try i cannot get the IRO file to update z.z...  i've tried downloading it from the first page on this topic still comes up with the one from the 26th at 2.0.    then just constantly tries to auto update but always gets an error sayhing error installing new threat the install is queued.  same error happens if i download from the catalog.   only reads the 26th, wont update to the 29th

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: 2020-07-30 20:53:29 »
no matter how hard i try i cannot get the IRO file to update z.z...  i've tried downloading it from the first page on this topic still comes up with the one from the 26th at 2.0.    then just constantly tries to auto update but always gets an error sayhing error installing new threat the install is queued.  same error happens if i download from the catalog.   only reads the 26th, wont update to the 29th

I think this might be a purely visual thing, as the IRO's internal mod.xml still has the original version number + release date. The catalog has the current version number/release date but once it's packed into 7h it reads from the IRO's XML instead of the catalog, which is why it seems to be 'reverting' to 2.0 + 26/07/2020. The data inside the IRO is the latest, just the mod.xml version number + release date are wrong. Tonight's patch will update the IRO's mod.xml so that it shows the same version + release date as the catalog.

Update to 2.0.3 is up, I changed the IRO's XML file so it should report the correct version and release date now once it's downloaded from catalog or imported.

v2.0.3 - 30/07/2020
*) Versioning for the IRO's mod.xml updated.
*) Forgotten City: PHS was staying available when moving away from the Save Point close to the Altar.
*) Forgotten City: Adjusted parameters for a scene that may not occur under certain conditions.
*) Forgotten City: An issue where the Fort Condor teleport NPC was not returning the player.
*) Cargo Ship: Text for 'Invisible Alpha' drink price corrected to 250gil.
*) Great Glacier: Magic Plus moved to the log-bridge area.
*) Icicle Inn: Save Point set up and walkmesh accessibility
*) Cait Sith: Black M-Phone was draining MP instead of HP.
*) EXP & Gil values for Hard Mode weren't being reduced correctly.
*) Kernel: Updated some item names.
*) Attack Squad: An animation issue with grenades.
*) COMMANDO Captain: Parameters adjusted for appearance in Special Battle of Battle Square.

*) Spells: The following adjustments were made
Fire2: Base 30 > 32
Fire3: MP 39 > 44
Ice2: Base 20 > 28, MP 9 > 12
Ice3: Base 46 > 54, MP 15 > 20
Bolt2: Base 25 > 30, MP 23 > 24
Bolt3: Base 54 > 56, MP 36 > 40
Quake: Base 14 > 15
Quake2: Base 35 > 36, MP 27 > 31
Quake3: Base 63 > 66, MP 45 > 49
Bio2: Base 22 > 29
Bio3: Base 50 > 55
Trine: Base 24 > 22
Magic Breath: Base 46 > 50, MP 64 > 54
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30 21:35:02 by Sega Chief »

Kurne

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.3)
« Reply #9906 on: 2020-07-31 01:45:04 »
I deleted the old one and downloaded the new one from the catalog,  still tries to continuously update and shows outdated version.  although one in catalog shows version from yesterday O.o?  one in my downloads shows the 26ths version  https://ibb.co/1R5wt2J 

edit: seems the one on the first page of this topic works fine,  just the one from the catalog reads faulty still or is outdated and wont update

Edit again:  It appears Yuffie's innate of giving a small amount of gold doesn't work in hard mode?   Says it gives a small amount but i'm yet to receive any :(   i'm hitting a soft wall due to lack of funds causing me to be tempted to turn off hard mode to get funds quickly <-<  xD    my plan to use yuffie for gil grinding has come to a halt lol...   on 2.0.3
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 02:01:23 by Kurne »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: 2020-07-31 02:20:42 »
I deleted the old one and downloaded the new one from the catalog,  still tries to continuously update and shows outdated version.  although one in catalog shows version from yesterday O.o?  one in my downloads shows the 26ths version  https://ibb.co/1R5wt2J 

edit: seems the one on the first page of this topic works fine,  just the one from the catalog reads faulty still or is outdated and wont update

Edit again:  It appears Yuffie's innate of giving a small amount of gold doesn't work in hard mode?   Says it gives a small amount but i'm yet to receive any :(   i'm hitting a soft wall due to lack of funds causing me to be tempted to turn off hard mode to get funds quickly <-<  xD    my plan to use yuffie for gil grinding has come to a halt lol...   on 2.0.3

The Catalog and the link on this thread both point to the same IRO on my G-Drive, so it sounds like a glitch of some sort; hopefully it'll iron out now that an IRO is in place with a proper version + release date.

I think I see the problem with Yuffie's innate regarding Gil, will rectify it tomorrow. One thing I did with this build was assign sale values to a lot of the items that are usually 1gil like Vampire Fang, etc. To gather funds on hard mode, managing your items to strike a balance between money and stock is key as Yuffie will only generate a small amount of Gil (when it's working that is).

Edit: I left a battle test on the merchant on the Highwind that has since been deleted, resulting in a crash when talking to him. I uploaded an appended patch with that and a couple of other things that were in there already but intended for tomorrow:

Appended
*) Documentation: Corrected Eligor's Steal and Morph, to Striking Staff and Silver Glasses respectively.
*) Yuffie: Innate now returns a small amount of gil per battle on Hard Mode (First enemy's level * Yuffie's Level).
*) Highwind: Fixed a crash on Merchant (debugging routine) for a test battle that has been deleted.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 03:39:56 by Sega Chief »

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: 2020-07-31 03:55:01 »
It was a good idea and the first one I tried to bring in funds...  but the massive amount of steals it takes can be a bit tedious sometimes.  Yuffie level times enemy level seems pretty reasonable.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: 2020-07-31 06:43:35 »
I think updating to 2.0.3 via the installer gave me some weapons in inventory that I didn't have previously - the Farmer's Glove for Tifa and the Maxim Gun for Barret. At least I don't think I had them before I patched before loading my Wall Market post-Plate Collapse save today.

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: 2020-07-31 10:08:19 »
I've just updated with the 2.03 installer and I think it's changed most things back to 1.5. MP cost has changed, Yuffie has Perfect Dodge instead of Mug etc.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: 2020-07-31 11:19:20 »
I think updating to 2.0.3 via the installer gave me some weapons in inventory that I didn't have previously - the Farmer's Glove for Tifa and the Maxim Gun for Barret. At least I don't think I had them before I patched before loading my Wall Market post-Plate Collapse save today.

I've just updated with the 2.03 installer and I think it's changed most things back to 1.5. MP cost has changed, Yuffie has Perfect Dodge instead of Mug etc.

I checked the kernels used to generate the installer and they're definitely 2.0 kernels; my best guess is that I used the wrong patchmaker template again and pulled from the 1.5 files. So long as the save file wasn't overwritten, there shouldn't be any damage done (if some progress was made, it shouldn't cause trouble depending on where you are in the game; Midgar saves should be fine for instance). I'll replace the installer with the intended one.

Edit: I updated the installer link, should be the right installer now.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 11:40:19 by Sega Chief »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: 2020-07-31 12:32:00 »
Hi again coming back to see the New Threat Mod v2.0 this time I plan to play it with 7th heaven mods for graphics/models/audio (not gameplay)
hoping it will not bug out :D

One quesion are there any missable items in this version such as materias, equipment, enemy skills etc.?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.4)
« Reply #9913 on: 2020-07-31 12:45:21 »
Hi again coming back to see the New Threat Mod v2.0 this time I plan to play it with 7th heaven mods for graphics/models/audio (not gameplay)
hoping it will not bug out :D

One quesion are there any missable items in this version such as materias, equipment, enemy skills etc.?

I think so, will go into more detail when I get back later.

2.0.4 is up, there was a softlock on the Highwind involving a scene so I pushed it earlier.

v2.0.4 - 31/07/2020
*) Highwind: Issue wherein a softlock could occur when Tifa talks to Red XIII under certain conditions.
*) Beginner's Hall: Innate List wasn't being drawn as a question box on some of the NPCs.
*) Temple of the Ancients: Reverted Cloud positioning during the final scene.
*) Jumping: A targeting issue in which Jumping could attack itself or allies.
*) SOLDIER 2nd: An issue where 2x-Cut was playing an altered animation.
*) Crater Dragon: Added Manipulate as an available status, to allow for Dragon Force to be learned.
*) Crater Dragon: Trine added to list of usable moves while under Manipulate
*) Death Dealer: One entry of Death Dealer was not vulnerable to Manipulate as intended.
*) Documentation: Updated locations list with Enemy Skill list.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: 2020-07-31 14:01:41 »
on 2.0.4 turned hard mode off and on a few times,  still can't seem to get any gil with yuffie in the party :(  killed various enemies outside fort condor

maybe just half or quarter regular gil drop from enemies and give yuffie something like a much higher steal rate than the rest of the party as her innate >->?     z.z...    Just a thought since it refuses to work :( lol...   never the less best of luck and thanks for all you do! :D
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 14:07:35 by Kurne »

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #9915 on: 2020-07-31 16:15:18 »
Hi Sega Chief. Thanks for making a great mod.

Possible Bug: I picked up the Long Range Materia in Rocket Town on the map with the Rocket (and the long stairs, the base of the ladder, and not much else). It was behind the bushes on the left side of the screen. When I exited the map and re-entered, the materia was there again, and I was able to pick up another copy. I exited multiple ways (right side of rocket, left side of rocket), and the materia kept reappearing, so now I have 4 in my inventory.

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: 2020-07-31 17:04:34 »
I'm still on 2.0.3, but since it wasn't included in the patchnotes I'll report this bug anyway:

On the Corel mountain rope bridge (the screen where you walk towards the camera) there's an empty battle that can occur - you spawn in, black background, and immediately win with no rewards.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: 2020-07-31 17:16:21 »
on 2.0.4 turned hard mode off and on a few times,  still can't seem to get any gil with yuffie in the party :(  killed various enemies outside fort condor

maybe just half or quarter regular gil drop from enemies and give yuffie something like a much higher steal rate than the rest of the party as her innate >->?     z.z...    Just a thought since it refuses to work :( lol...   never the less best of luck and thanks for all you do! :D

I'll have another look.

Hi Sega Chief. Thanks for making a great mod.

Possible Bug: I picked up the Long Range Materia in Rocket Town on the map with the Rocket (and the long stairs, the base of the ladder, and not much else). It was behind the bushes on the left side of the screen. When I exited the map and re-entered, the materia was there again, and I was able to pick up another copy. I exited multiple ways (right side of rocket, left side of rocket), and the materia kept reappearing, so now I have 4 in my inventory.

That one slipped my mind, thanks for the reminder.

I'm still on 2.0.3, but since it wasn't included in the patchnotes I'll report this bug anyway:

On the Corel mountain rope bridge (the screen where you walk towards the camera) there's an empty battle that can occur - you spawn in, black background, and immediately win with no rewards.

I had a look and spotted it; the encounter probability had 4 points spare meaning it was throwing encounter 0 as a potential fight.

Edit: I've appended the patch due to a potentially serious problem on the Highwind's save point, an encounter trigger was left on there by mistake (2x SOLDIER: 2nd) which would be dangerous if a solo Tifa were to approach it to save the game after Weapon Raid. Some other fixes are in there early that were intended for 2.0.5.

Appended
*) Highwind: An encounter was removed from the Save Point (leftover from testing).
*) Reactor 1: The item sitting on the catwalk could be made impassable under certain conditions.
*) Beginner's Hall: Issue with Save Point tutorial script in which it could be escaped.
*) Rocket Town: Materia flag corrected.
*) Mt. Corel: Encounter probability corrected on the Rope Bridge area to prevent Encounter 0.

Edit2: Had to reupload again, the battle wasn't removed.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 18:49:14 by Sega Chief »

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9918 on: 2020-07-31 19:36:18 »
I just did the Huge Materia in Fort Condor and headed towards the Corel one, I'm by the reactor and the door is open but it won't trigger the event, not sure how it happened but I can't progress

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: 2020-07-31 19:46:03 »
I just did the Huge Materia in Fort Condor and headed towards the Corel one, I'm by the reactor and the door is open but it won't trigger the event, not sure how it happened but I can't progress

Just checked the var, and it seems that it shares the same location as an item in the Villa in Costa Del Sol (I've probably set the wrong bank for this item and it happened to be the one for this Mt. Corel event); did you buy that villa and get the items in the basement by any chance? I can fix your save file but will need you to send it across (mega.nz, mediafire, google drive, etc. anything's fine) so I can reset that variable with a script and send it back to you.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: 2020-07-31 19:57:37 »
Just checked the var, and it seems that it shares the same location as an item in the Villa in Costa Del Sol (I've probably set the wrong bank for this item and it happened to be the one for this Mt. Corel event); did you buy that villa and get the items in the basement by any chance? I can fix your save file but will need you to send it across (mega.nz, mediafire, google drive, etc. anything's fine) so I can reset that variable with a script and send it back to you.

I did buy the Villa and got the items in the basement yes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/et5omlxqrvotw7o/save00.ff7/file

It's the first save

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: 2020-07-31 20:11:09 »
I did buy the Villa and got the items in the basement yes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/et5omlxqrvotw7o/save00.ff7/file

It's the first save

Here's the file back:
https://mega.nz/file/nhtBBSjL#FXj3uD6QjTNtNSRZAB2gZxXb6I3PMRhzCfdRyg-IGxA

I tried out the scene and it triggered. Sorry for the hassle.

If using the Steam version (with no mod frameworks) then place the save file into the save folder when the launcher is open, then save the game once you load in to avoid the odd savefile cheksum FF7 Steam uses.

Edit: Uploaded a patch for this, in case it affected others in the meantime.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 20:13:52 by Sega Chief »

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: 2020-07-31 20:44:58 »
Here's the file back:
https://mega.nz/file/nhtBBSjL#FXj3uD6QjTNtNSRZAB2gZxXb6I3PMRhzCfdRyg-IGxA

I tried out the scene and it triggered. Sorry for the hassle.

If using the Steam version (with no mod frameworks) then place the save file into the save folder when the launcher is open, then save the game once you load in to avoid the odd savefile cheksum FF7 Steam uses.

Edit: Uploaded a patch for this, in case it affected others in the meantime.
No, thank you for taking the time to help me. I'm using 7th heaven with the steam version as the base, so I guess I'll just replace the old file and launch it through 7th heaven.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: 2020-07-31 22:41:36 »
I've extracted items and monsters loots/elements from game files if any of you need.
Some major spoilers : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BJ9-sh2_40sI3MEf_MW5zIcXMtJ2kjSayYqYZG5iL4/edit?usp=sharing
This is for 2.0.4.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: 2020-07-31 23:46:44 »
I've extracted items and monsters loots/elements from game files if any of you need.
Some major spoilers : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BJ9-sh2_40sI3MEf_MW5zIcXMtJ2kjSayYqYZG5iL4/edit?usp=sharing
This is for 2.0.4.

That looks pretty cool; a tool I'm assuming?

Edit: I'm going to need to limit patch uploads to once per day, as it seems that trying to upload a 7h IRO to the catalog with the same version/release date won't fly. It causes too many problems with the update function.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-31 23:56:09 by Sega Chief »