Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4894857 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.5)
« Reply #9975 on: 2020-08-03 19:25:47 »
Before the Yuffie fight, your party is forced to be Tifa and Aeris, but Red XIII and Barret aren't unequipped.  It was a bit tricky to get through without any of my support magic.

Will add unequips there but you can transfer Materia between characters using the Exchange option in the Materia menu.

when i change the input default keys in game then what ever guide chat message shows up to press a "key" to do something it shows empty text instead the "key" name for some reasons

The symbols used to represent keys are static characters and shouldn't be affected by your actual keybinds; what may be causing them to become invisible is a conflict with another mod. If you're using ESUI, then make sure to use the one that's by itself (should be called Enhanced Stock UI rel-2) and not the one held within the Qhimm User Interface IRO as this one is older and does not have NT compatibility).

Ah, two questions before I get around to updating my own files.

Any known crashes in the current patch I should be aware of so I won't stumble on them playing the game normally-ish? (like not going outa my way to make bugs occur or find crashes) I tend to go for long swathes between saves.

And two, are there any enemies capable of casting Magic Breath in Northern Crater at the end-game? My last save file missed it because the only things that could cast it were in the Gaia mountain caves just before you reach the Maze. At that point though it was strong enough to wipe my party so I tried to prevent it being casted. So it locked my file out of being able to 100% the game without sacrificing a mountain / gold chocobo just to get back to the cave.

I'm about to update the mod to enable Type B and with some fixes/adjustments in about 2 hours so we'll see where we are after that for current known issues.

Parasite enemies are able to cast Magic Breath in the Crater.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: 2020-08-03 19:31:06 »

The symbols used to represent keys are static characters and shouldn't be affected by your actual keybinds; what may be causing them to become invisible is a conflict with another mod. If you're using ESUI, then make sure to use the one that's by itself (should be called Enhanced Stock UI rel-2) and not the one held within the Qhimm User Interface IRO as this one is older and does not have NT compatibility).

http://prntscr.com/tteiu8
This is what I am using which one do I need to remove?

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: 2020-08-03 19:52:06 »
A minor thing I may have found is that Lv.2-1 Limit Breaks (aside from Cait's) refuse to unlock no matter how many enemies I kill. I'm not entirely sure how many enemies Cloud and Barret have slain, but I would've thought I'd have Cloud's 2-1 Limit by now (just finished the Wutai side segment). Cait's Lv.1-3 Limit also refuses to unlock, even though I've used his 1-2 Limit at least 6 times by now. I'll keep working at unlocking them, since it's entirely possible I haven't hit the kill/limit uses mark yet. Is there an ingame way to see how many enemies each character has killed?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: 2020-08-03 20:04:26 »
http://prntscr.com/tteiu8
This is what I am using which one do I need to remove?

Replace the User Interface - Qhimm Catalog with the ESUI Enhanced Stock rel-2 IRO; the option for ESUI in the User Interface Qhimm Catalog is out of date and has no NT support.

A minor thing I may have found is that Lv.2-1 Limit Breaks (aside from Cait's) refuse to unlock no matter how many enemies I kill. I'm not entirely sure how many enemies Cloud and Barret have slain, but I would've thought I'd have Cloud's 2-1 Limit by now (just finished the Wutai side segment). Cait's Lv.1-3 Limit also refuses to unlock, even though I've used his 1-2 Limit at least 6 times by now. I'll keep working at unlocking them, since it's entirely possible I haven't hit the kill/limit uses mark yet. Is there an ingame way to see how many enemies each character has killed?

One way to check is with the black chocobo save editor which records character kills. Current kills needed for 2-1:
Cloud 180
Barret 120
Tifa 120
Aeris 100
Red XIII 100
Yuffie 100
Cait 6
Vincent 6
Cid 50

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: 2020-08-03 20:09:23 »
One way to check is with the black chocobo save editor which records character kills. Current kills needed for 2-1:
Cloud 180
Barret 120
Tifa 120
Aeris 100
Red XIII 100
Yuffie 100
Cait 6
Vincent 6
Cid 50
Goodness, that's a lot of kills for 2-1 Limits (aside from Cait's, Vincent's, and Cid's) lol
I had checked the Respectable Inn in Junon for the Limit Unlock requirements, and it said 90 kills were needed for Cloud's 2-1 and 180 for 3-1. If those are wrong, you might want to update their dialogue to reflect that.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: 2020-08-03 20:14:58 »
Goodness, that's a lot of kills for 2-1 Limits (aside from Cait's, Vincent's, and Cid's) lol
I had checked the Respectable Inn in Junon for the Limit Unlock requirements, and it said 90 kills were needed for Cloud's 2-1 and 180 for 3-1. If those are wrong, you might want to update their dialogue to reflect that.

Will do.

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: 2020-08-03 20:28:16 »
Will add unequips there but you can transfer Materia between characters using the Exchange option in the Materia menu.
Oh, neat!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.6)
« Reply #9982 on: 2020-08-03 21:11:06 »
That's 2.0.6 up; Type B is unlocked and the fixes/adjustments below were applied.

Spoiler: show

V2.0.6 - 3/08/2020
*) Game Type B Enabled
*) Midgar Raid: Placement of Rude could cause a sotflock under certain conditions.
*) Costa Del Sol: Vincent was visible before his recruitment in the Villa basement.
*) Aeris: Added some animation files to the char.lgp for Installer version.
*) Shinra HQ: Some text box alignments & animation speed settings.
*) Sector 5 Slums: Shorten Wait on scripts for Sector 5 Slum vendors.
*) Wonder Square: If you buy Materia before weapon then weapon can't be bought.
*) Source System: Randomiser toggle would lose sources when checking stats in menu.
*) Fort Condor: Teleport NPC wasn't being enabled at start of Disc 2 under certain conditions.
*) Respectable Inn: Tetx updated with accurate kill count needed for 2-1, 3-1 Limit Breaks.
*) Ying/Yang: Softlock when attacking Ying with Magic.
*) Unknown2: ???? Needle set to reduce target's HP to 1 instead of MHP - HP difference of Unknown2
*) Unknown3: Creepy Touch set to inflict Paralysis instead of Imprisoned/Ejected.
*) Materia Cave: Changed Gold Flare animation.
*) Sample HO512: Can now be hit with Gravity-based attacks
*) Sample HO512: Changed animation of cloying breath
*) Aeris: Healing staves have been given the ignore-defence property.
*) White M-Phone: Extra slot added, Triple Growth set.
*) Black M-Phone: Extra slots added.

Type B has some fairly heavy event editing in there that lives alongside the vanilla events, so I recommend that you save often and use a new save slot when you do (so you can revert to an earlier save if something goes awry).

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: 2020-08-03 21:13:31 »
if dont mind asking i know you were trying ot do something with yuffies innate prior to release of b, is she ready to go by chance? :( ...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: 2020-08-03 21:14:21 »
if dont mind asking i know you were trying ot do something with yuffies innate prior to release of b, is she ready to go by chance? :( ...

Nah, I couldn't get it to update an enemy's gil after the initial *2 for some reason. I'll have to come up with something else.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: 2020-08-03 21:28:48 »
I forgot to set the bloody fight in one of the Type B things; it won't block progress, but it will be a bit strange to fight 2x MPs out of the blue. Will quickly update; sorry everyone.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: 2020-08-03 21:32:10 »
Awesome, time to play... tomorrow, since it's almost midnight here. :'>

Congrats again for the release, I'll look out for glitches as I play.

DefMettle

• He who shouts loudest can only hear his own voice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: 2020-08-03 21:46:25 »
has anything changed in the Kernel or Battle.lgp from 2.05 to 2.06?
for 2.05 i have edited these files to my liking. can I drag and drop them to 2.06 or would you recommend i re-edit the 2.06 files?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: 2020-08-03 21:59:18 »
has anything changed in the Kernel or Battle.lgp from 2.05 to 2.06?
for 2.05 i have edited these files to my liking. can I drag and drop them to 2.06 or would you recommend i re-edit the 2.06 files?

You should be fine sticking with the 2.0.5 scene + kernel, the changelog has a list of alterations made. I'll filter the list here:
Spoiler: show

Scene
*) Ying/Yang: Softlock when attacking Ying with Magic.
*) Unknown2: ? ? ? ? Needle set to reduce target's HP to 1 instead of MHP - HP difference of Unknown2
*) Unknown3: Creepy Touch set to inflict Paralysis instead of Imprisoned/Ejected.
*) Materia Cave: Changed Gold Flare animation.
*) Sample HO512: Can now be hit with Gravity-based attacks
*) Sample HO512: Changed animation of cloying breath

Kernel
*) Aeris: Healing staves have been given the ignore-defence property.
*) White M-Phone: Extra slot added, Triple Growth set.
*) Black M-Phone: Extra slots added.

xenofears

• View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: 2020-08-03 22:30:33 »
Got the vending machine, still trying to replicate the dressmaker pause though. Just to make sure; it's the old guy wearing the flat cap while he's in the store right? Is he behind the counter or by the dress rack at the time?

I don't remember who it was exactly; actually maybe it was the daughter not the dressmaker. They were standing in the middle of the dress shop when I spoke to them, after speaking to the dressmaker in the bar.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9990 on: 2020-08-03 22:37:27 »
I don't remember who it was exactly; actually maybe it was the daughter not the dressmaker. They were standing in the middle of the dress shop when I spoke to them, after speaking to the dressmaker in the bar.

Cheers for the info.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: 2020-08-03 22:58:56 »
Not sure if I did something wrong, but went throught the Ancient Forest, and instead of taking me to the cave it took me back to the world map

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: 2020-08-03 23:00:54 »
Parasite enemies are able to cast Magic Breath in the Crater.

I'll keep it in mind then because v1.5 document says they can cast it to but they don't. I just setup Aeris to Mega-All party with a healing rod to just afk and bait it and when I came back it wasn't learned at all. Manipulation didn't hold fruit for it either.

So for version 2 I'll just have to wait and see for myself if I miss it in Gaia again.

DefMettle

• View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: 2020-08-03 23:13:10 »
I forgot to set the bloody fight in one of the Type B things; it won't block progress, but it will be a bit strange to fight 2x MPs out of the blue. Will quickly update; sorry everyone.

have you fixed this now?

will you be able to release a separate mod for just changing the MENU,OK, CANCEL and SWITCH, to △, O, X, and ▢ please?
was looking for ps buttons just the other day. was awesome to see it implemented with this mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: 2020-08-03 23:20:18 »
Not sure if I did something wrong, but went throught the Ancient Forest, and instead of taking me to the cave it took me back to the world map

That's odd, fairly sure that was caught and a fix was implemented during the beta test run before 2.0's release. Are you on IRO or Installer?

I'll keep it in mind then because v1.5 document says they can cast it to but they don't. I just setup Aeris to Mega-All party with a healing rod to just afk and bait it and when I came back it wasn't learned at all. Manipulation didn't hold fruit for it either.

So for version 2 I'll just have to wait and see for myself if I miss it in Gaia again.

Oh you're on 1.5? You'll want Marlboro on the Right Path in the Crater; he counters with Magic Breath when hit by a Limit Break.

have you fixed this now?

will you be able to release a separate mod for just changing the MENU,OK, CANCEL and SWITCH, to △, O, X, and ▢ please?
was looking for ps buttons just the other day. was awesome to see it implemented with this mod.

Yeah I uploaded it pretty much ASAP; if you're using the IRO from catalog, then you may need to delete the NT 2.0 IRO first before re-downloading it due to the version number + release date being the same.

Buttons are a tricky business, because they're unfortunately defined statically within the flevel like regular text so a mod that replaces the text will, because of how text and event scripting live with each other in the file, have to forego any event scripting changes as well. Default game would need its own button text changes, NT needs its own, hardcore mod needs its own, etc.

I think mods that change the button prompts into actual button icons exist within 7h though. Unless this is needed for non 7H versions in which case I could see about making one for the default game.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: 2020-08-03 23:23:41 »
That's odd, fairly sure that was caught and a fix was implemented during the beta test run before 2.0's release. Are you on IRO or Installer?
I'm on IRO, I tried to teleport myself afterwards to the cave but I get stuck in a wall or something  ::)

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: 2020-08-03 23:25:58 »
maybe  a bugg i dunno i ask here

Barret attack all mobs always.- his initial weapon do so but after that i found another gatlin gun that increments stats and have not reported attack all and such but barret still attack all mobs no matter what weapon i equip to him. is that intended ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: 2020-08-03 23:31:34 »
I'm on IRO, I tried to teleport myself afterwards to the cave but I get stuck in a wall or something  ::)

I'll check it out; and just in case, this is 2.0 and not 1.5?

maybe  a bugg i dunno i ask here

Barret attack all mobs always.- his initial weapon do so but after that i found another gatlin gun that increments stats and have not reported attack all and such but barret still attack all mobs no matter what weapon i equip to him. is that intended ?

All of Barret's machine guns have a toggleable 'All' effect that deals split damage when used to target all mobs. You can swap to single target like with All Materia by pressing L1/R1 (PageUp/PageDown). For things that are used commonly across something of the same type, I tend to leave off the desccription after that (for instance, Fire reports the 1% deduction to enemy defences but Fire2 and Fire3 don't though they have the same effect).

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: 2020-08-03 23:32:56 »
I'll check it out; and just in case, this is 2.0 and not 1.5?

2.0.6, I managed to get myself unstuck and picked up the *edit for spoilers* PG and the materia and ended up outside the cave near Forgotten Capitol
« Last Edit: 2020-08-03 23:57:20 by gnollboll »

DefMettle

• View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: 2020-08-04 00:00:05 »
thanks for the info. il do a B play through and take notes.