I have screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/KzabY
Alright, I tested it, here's what I got from the test (using FF7.exe and not FF7_mo.exe): It works, but not fully. Keep in mind that this is with every iro activated and in the 7th Heaven boot order, and the game was running perfectly stable so far, with 7H MO, with the exception of Long-Range stuff being all f*****.
1. Great news, The Menu Overhaul iro you sent me works fine, compatibility-wise, with New Threat. There is no 'Long Range' conflict (ex. Red XIII can use Sled Fang in the HQ elevator fight, and damage is effectively dropped by 50% from the back row). The icons mod works too!
2. You cannot use the ''No Battle Boxes'' mod with it (even with plain Menu Overhaul). No matter where I put 'The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul' in my boot order, it would not work.
3. On top of #2, the game would simply crash on startup if ''No Battle Boxes'' was activated, unless it was at the very bottom of the load order, with only ''World Textures'' under it. That's the only place between New Threat and the bottom of the Load Order where the game would even launch, but even then, with ''No Battle Boxes'' on, it just didn't work: you get the regular MO battle menu.
4. The game crashed on startup a few times after install. It behaved strangely:
- 1st boot: was an 'Oops' error
- 2nd: 7H just launched the game without loading any mods (Square Enix logo blinks at the beginning)
- 3rd: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 4th: it just gave a regular Win7 '...is not responding' error.
- 5th boot, it worked.
- 6th: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 7th: It worked again
So it's definitely shaky. Probably a lot of errors trying to load the mod library and getting either an empty one or a null object.... But I don't know how the mod interacts with 7H so it's just an idea.
5. You were right, the text sometimes doesn't fit the textboxes well. I caught an example (see attached screenshots), in the Load Save menu, top-right corner, 'Game 05' doesn't fit the box.
I'll keep running with New Threat and this Menu Overhaul, and keep you guys updated if anything else shows up, compatibility-wise. Thanks for sending me it! Beta-testing ftw.
Small question, too: I was also wondering if the battle materia menu was looking normal to you guys? (there's a screenshot of it in my imgur link) Is it going to change appearance once I get Tier-2 magic?
2. When you say "The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul" are you referring to the current one in the Catalog 2.0? Or is that the Catalog 3.0 - Menu TEST.iro that I sent you? I have made so many mistakes with helping people in the past because the wording gets misunderstood, so just wanting to make sure
About the Battle Boxes themself...hmm, it works just fine on my end. But there is a delay added to the hext where it will not inject the code until 5000ms after the game launches. What version of 7H are you using? That delay feature is not present in older versions.
3. Can you post me your Profile Details showing me that exact load order. It doesn't need to be loaded at the bottom, although it's fine there anyways. It just has to come after New Threat, that way the changes to NT apply and aren't overridden. Load priority goes from top to bottom, top taking first priority over all else under it, and so on.
4. I have had the 4th issue where Win10 will state that ff7.exe has stopped responding. The most it has occurred was two consecutive times, where the third launch would work. It never affected anything in-game that I could notice, but then again...I have no played through the entire game with every variation of mods active/inactive alongside this Menu TEST (for obvious reasons, that would be impossible lol). I have never had any of the other issues though, which is odd. I hope this is a case of the delay feature missing with your 7H version.
5. Yes, that Game xx box on the Load Menu was there even back in the days DLPB was still supporting it. I don't know how to fix it. But I meant more along the lines of dialogue boxes, for example 5th image in the link you provided has the dialogue box width extended much further to the right than the sentence breaks occur. After the first sentence (?!), the dialogue for "If you need a break," should continue on that first line before it moves onto the second. Either that, or the dialogue box width needs to reduce to stop just beyond the way the sentence breaks are showing in that image. Both are okay for me, but right now it's just a lot of dead space in the dialogue box that takes up too much of the screen.
Small Question: It should extend rightward when you get the tier2 and tier3 versions...should