Author Topic: New sephiroth patch with altered **AB file  (Read 23745 times)

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
New sephiroth patch with altered **AB file
« on: 2010-06-24 22:40:18 »
Hi guys, since i tried ice cold's seph patch i was wondering  why didn't he used vincent's limits for sephiroth cus cloud's looks messy, and when i did it myself i found out that while he can use vinc limits perfectly some of his other animations became broken. For example he tries to attack with sword from long range:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqIANSXwgg.

The problem was in vincent's ab file where it seems all the information about limits animations and coordinates for other animations like if attack should be short ranged or long ranged stored. So since there were no other tools to work with this file, i tried to hex edit it and to implement information about vinc limits into seph's ab file.  And  to my amazement i succeeded in it:).

Here is even more, we can exchange models of characters so why don't try to do the same with vinc's monster and i tried to exchange chaos with safer sephiroth model and yeah it is working:) here is the result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpnsWNAQ-w and yeah seph actually can use any of the cloud's swords http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADLt8AyIXZU and spear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoDB5czWLY.

I was working as well under his model, im still novice in using blender so i decided to use kimera for now and made remix of his ingame hi poly model

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you guys wanna it and if it's corresponds with forum rules i will release it, but then i will need some help cus i'am dont know yet how to make patches, and by the way i would like to hear your ideas about other limit levels for him if you have some:)

And i need help with magic lgp if someone knows smt about types of files here, i will try to figure it myself but it takes time so i will appreciate any help:)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-11 18:04:32 by Obesebear »

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
and by the way many thanks to you  NFITC1 for your wallmarket and proud clod:) and of course Borde for his Kimera:)

Klownboy

• Cool newbie
  • But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
wow. . . i like it, seems pretty interesting.
each limit a different form of sephiroth ^^
but with spears? ew  :|

and is there a way to make him not soo close to the enemies when he's attaking? i mean what good is having an uber long sword if your just gonna fight right up in there face?  :?
« Last Edit: 2010-06-24 22:51:34 by Klownboy »

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
no there won't be only spears just some of his weapons, mostly it will be katanas, some swords, and some spear like weapons naginatas for example

Klownboy

• Cool newbie
  • But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
well i figured they wouldn't be all spears, he just doesn't look right with spears, acctually he kinda looks weird with anything except is masamune.
and i think the part about making him more like vince, is genious.
seems like more of a range char anyway (i mean with his 6-foot sword)
« Last Edit: 2010-06-24 22:58:00 by Klownboy »

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
hmm, for now i,am still pretty far from full understanding of ab file so at least for now it's impossible, and i would like to make everything as close to original as possible

Klownboy

• Cool newbie
  • But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
ahh, well can't help you there, i know 0 about modding, although i would like to learn. I just have no idea where i should start lol

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
but there is always variants, so if ill find out smt else about ab file ill tell you how to do it:)

Klownboy

• Cool newbie
  • But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
lol alright ^^

Nightmarish

• Freak
  • owari da
    • View Profile
I'm liking this a lot.
I'm a huge fan of Sephy and also a fan of extra playable chars.

You could also throw another one in there where he sprouts those two wings coming out his ass like in Kingdom Hearts II

That looks like a good one for his LV4 limit break, a "perfect"/god form he always aimed for.
As for monster transformations, maybe resize them a bit wouldn't harm, as long his body stays in the correct size/shape.

Krimson Hawk

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is possible but, I like the idea of having the one wing come out for his limit break. I think that it'd be a good idea to enable 4x-cut as an ability in that mode, only edit 4x-cut to strike more than 4x if possible. I tried to do stuff similar to this like adding hits to omnislash, but the animation is where it stumps me. I don't know how to add more cuts to his animation or if that's even possible so I gave up trying, perhaps someone with more modding skill could do such a thing for the 4x-cut sephiroth limit idea i just mentioned. would be cool to see ^.^

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
to The Seer of Shadows thank ya i will look into it, for now i was thinking about safer seph as lv4 limit, but ill look on his kh 2 form, and im as well was thinking to implement octaslash for one of his forms, thank you guys

The Seer of Shadows

• No life
  • I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
You could also throw another one in there where he sprouts those two wings coming out his ass like in Kingdom Hearts II
That looks like a good one for his LV4 limit break, a "perfect"/god form he always aimed for.

Ass-winged Sephiroth is the form he has always been aiming for!?  Oh, gawd...

Nightmarish

• Freak
  • owari da
    • View Profile

Ass-winged Sephiroth is the form he has always been aiming for!?  Oh, gawd...

The wings and shizzle make him look like an "angel", kinda closer to god?
And i don't mean his lower wings, i mean his right wing:

- Picture 1
- Picture 2
- Picture 3
- Picture 4

Thus is theme, "One winged angel".

Also, if i was a good modeler i would aim to model Sephiroth closer to this/this or even this rather than the model with the two long bunch of fringe hairs, as i think they're more faithfull to the character.

As you can see here, although this model can't be used, as it was based on other game model (AFAIK):

Also, I made something yesterday which might interest you guys. Seeing as Dissidia Sephiroth is more detailed than Crisis Core one, I decided to edit it to resemble classic Sephiroth look because the Dissidia one is based on Amano's artworks, not Nomura's. This render was done totally in a rush, so I haven't added alpha layer or proper lighting.

Here's how it looks without any texture edits:

If you'd be interested I could make the skin colors match on torso and head, shoulderpads and so on.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-25 16:37:21 by Nightmarish »

Touph Guy

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Perhaps his first two forms could be humanoid, and his last two the end bosses. First form would be the tiny Sephiroth that's on top of Bizarro's head, the second would be shirtless!Sephiroth with his Safer wing and hairstyle. Third and fourth could be regular Bizarro and Safer.

Klownboy

• Cool newbie
  • But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
hmm. . . .
1st limit - shirtless sephiroth
2nd limit - normal sephiroth with wings
3rd limit - shirtless sephiroth with wings
4th limit - perhaps the KH sephiroth.
just thought of those right off the top of my head lol
but for the KH sephy, from my knowledge you will have to start from scratch if you were too release it.

Edit: realized that, that does seem a lil repetitive xD

The Seer of Shadows

• No life
  • I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Sephiroth simply tearing off his shirt for his limit break doesn't seem... well, enough for a limit break.

The wings and shizzle make him look like an "angel", kinda closer to god?
And i don't mean his lower wings, i mean his right wing:

- Picture 1
- Picture 2
- Picture 3
- Picture 4

Thus is theme, "One winged angel".

Also, if i was a good modeler i would aim to model Sephiroth closer to this/this or even this rather than the model with the two long bunch of fringe hairs, as i think they're more faithfull to the character.

I completely agree with you.  And that is one impressive picture you found, only it seems to me that it wasn't done from scratch.  In fact, I don't think Sephiroth-remodeling has ever been done entirely from scratch before, so it would be one ambitious project.

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I have read all your suggestions, and i decided to make some rules about content of the mod, first of all there should be some conception, because other way we can turn out with a lot of incoherent and mixed things, like with sora as main antagonist and king mikey as president shinra:), don't get me wrong, i like kingdom hearts, but i would like stick to original content as much as possible, so first priority get content of original game, second of ff ac and cc, third of dissdia, and forth of kingdom hearts and other derivatives, and of suggested limits with some conception there are two, first is boss forms and second is suggested by Touph Guy, first conception is simple, in second there i see something like evolution process and seph wanted to evolve into new life form, by the way they correspond with each other, and similar, so if we'll use this conceptions we appear before problem of resizing, bizarro is just too huge, but can you image him small?:) thats why i didn't want  use him as one of forms, maybe some work with camera and his animation will fix it, dunno, ill try,  and about his shirtless model, heh there were said that it didn't enough for a limit, but Cloud don't even takes his shirt off when doing omnislash:D, yeah i was thinking of shirtless as of one of limit forms, and conception there is that this form wile isn't evolutionary can be like his pure mako burst form, in which he can show his soldier special moves like octaslash, but we will see maybe there will be other good ideas:)

Nightmarish

• Freak
  • owari da
    • View Profile
Personally i don't like him shirtless in a limit (like the game final fight), unless he's somehow a different lifeform (angel/demon/mutant).
Maybe , on the shirtless form, give him the wing from Safer Sephiroth in his back, kinda like he was starting his "changing" to Safer Sephiroth.

Adding a Bizarro Sephiroth, or other transformation to a limit break will be overkill, imo, because of the size.

Touph Guy

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Maybe the shirtless form and Bizarro could be combined  - i.e: give shirtless Sephiroth Bizarro's freaky wing-hair, facial markings, skin tone and possibly a smaller version of the 'energy core'.

(By the way, I finally got the joke as to Bizarro's name. Am I slow or what?)

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
idea of bizarro form in the game that its a larva form so should be idea of his limit pre final form

old boss

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
this is awsome thanks for your hard work .  so how is the progress because i can't wait to get my hands on it

anifiga

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
the work is in progress:) but it will take some time. I have to work with animations and look at what can be done with limits at the moment, and when i will be satisfied with the result i release it. i was busy with my course work at the institute for the last two weeks, so from now  i finally have some free time to work again under this mod, i uploaded 2 patches so you can use now seph remix model with vincent's limits guys, and make some mods yourselves with limits for sephiroth based on vinc's . Seph patches made for for ice_cold513 sephiroth patch
and Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch you can as well just update sephiroth model in game with patch for ice_cold513 sephiroth patch.

patch for ice_cold513 sephiroth  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5X1V9LCB

patch for Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AG2N65E4

old boss

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
thank you , thank you , thank you , thank you very much for ur epic work , up till now my worst nightmare with using seph was limits , now all that is left is to make  weapons that suit him other then masamune and am all set , thanks  i'll try it now , and i'm looking forward to ur complete remix of the epic one-winged angel  ;D  ,  thanks again
« Last Edit: 2010-07-11 17:37:44 by old boss »