Author Topic: [FF7PC/PSX] FFVII Lost Wing (1.1)  (Read 185559 times)

taterz

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] FFVII Lost Wing (PSX/PC)
« Reply #100 on: 2011-12-27 18:54:11 »
i don't use that patch, as i said i used the gameshark code as i play it on the psx version. i only tested that for this particular battle, since i really don't see any other way of winning hence why i'm asking if it's intended or some really bad side effect.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #101 on: 2011-12-30 16:42:44 »
Thats interesting.  This mod has been out for quite awhile and no one else has reported such an issue.  Perhaps youre the first one to make it that far?  I doubt it though.  Have you continued playing or found a way of fixing this issue?  Drain is causing 9999 damage to every enemy??  Upload your save file and post a link and I will take a look.  If it really is an isse with the mod, then I will have to make the time to fix this so that it is actually playable...although I don't recall giving enemies the power to triple 9999 wipe out your party, nor did I design Drain to cause so much damage, and enemies should not have outrageous amounts of HP until the return to Midgar (but at that point you can have Quadra Magic and W-Summon etc.).  Sorry it took so long to respond.  If you upload your save file I can take a look and see if I have made a fatal error, or if you are just missing something.

EDIT:  How much damage were enemies dealing while you had the Break Damage Limit enabled?  How did your fight with the Red Dragon and the Demon's Gate go?  Red Dragon should cause like ~2000 with his physical attack if you do not have barrier on.  Does that sound familiar or was he doing 9999?  How far into Disk 2 have you made it, and is every single enemy ultra-powerful?  I think I might have deliberately made the enemies from Ancient City - Icicle Inn overpowered (although I can't recall why), but if you've made it to Great Glacier and are still encountering these issues, then I will have to fix the mod.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-30 16:51:33 by xLostWingx »

taterz

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011-12-31 03:41:24 »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZWMQ2XLN

regular enemies are just as bad as the bosses. i loaded it up and each normal enemy was hitting for 5000 damage, 9999 on crits to people in the back row. it was Rude that was hitting my entire group one at a time for 9999 damage, and wiping out all 3 by hitting each of them in a single turn. i am near the end of disc 2, on the fight right before Reno, Rude and Elena. i tried to steal from Elena, and did not have a chance in hell of ever landing it, or so it feels that way. i switched to vanilla, and stole from each in a single try without fail. it's only the bosses that seem ridiculously overpowered, and their HP has been extremely high ever since JENOVA at the end of disc 1.

when i turned on the damage break code, i didn't actually see a number pop up. i know it was hitting them because Elena did her "Ugh..." thing and moved to the back row. i was gaining back "Recovery" levels of HP. also, i don't know if this was also intentional but the fight at Fort Condor, the commander dude, had an enormous sum of HP as well, and was destroying a single character in one hit (i think he was hitting around 3k? so i'm sure that's probably intended). poison was hitting him for 9999 damage per tic, and it took 30 phoenix downs to finally put him down. it's the same issue with the dino outside bone village, poison hits him for 9999 per tic and he hits one of my dudes for 9999 damage.

for the dragon and gate, i abused quite a few drains to kill them. i think they were hitting for regular boss level values. if it helps, i was using the download from the first post. JENOVA on the first disc took something like 8 or so drains to finally kill it, which seems a bit unreasonable. did i patch it wrong? everything was working fine and perfectly until that point, that was the first case of the bosses getting insane levels of HP.

EDIT:

i've held off playing the mod, and instead started playin gjo's mod.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-31 06:32:18 by taterz »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012-01-01 20:04:00 »
Thanks for uploading your saves.  I will take a look; the mod may in fact be broken, it just seems strange that in a year, no one else has said anything.  I know for sure that Drain is not suppose to be doing what you describe (and it didn't do that during testing, so that is somewhat confusing).  Hopefully I'll find some time to work on this soon.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2012-01-09 02:19:09 »
Im on the first disk and barrier isnt working correctly? when i cast it a sleep animation (i believe) appears but no barrier effects. I remember in the sephiroth flashback he has m-barrier and barrier and the icons are present next to his health (the little pictures of a shield or whatever that crumble as it wears off) but none of that shows up when i cast it.

is this normal?

im using the pc version with bootleg
« Last Edit: 2012-01-09 02:30:17 by Lionsmane »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012-01-09 22:46:47 »
Sounds like a problem with the PC version.  I'm not experiencing this in the PSX version.

This was basically a practice mod for me.  I made it while learning how to use the tools and learning how to mod in general.  Fixing the problems with this mod ranks low on my list of priorities, but if anyone wants to fix it up, please go right ahead.  If the enemies beyond the 1st disc are too over-powered, or certain spells are working improperly, it is fairly easy to just open up WallMarket and ProudClod/Hojo and make the necessary changes.  Sorry guys, but right now I don't even have the time to work on my current mods.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #106 on: 2012-01-10 00:08:44 »
hey guys, Im using the lostwing mod with bootleg on the pc, and the barrier spells arent putting up any kind of barrier for my characters. Just an animation with no effect. Is wallmarker the tool I need to use to fix this?

I havent used any tools myself, so the help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

*****fiddling with wallmarket, I dont exactly understand how to make my changes "permanent" or save them to the kernel/edit the kernel to include my changes. Is there a quick answer for me?

THANKS! :]
« Last Edit: 2012-01-10 03:19:16 by Lionsmane »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #107 on: 2012-01-10 06:38:50 »
Post this in the Lost Wing thread or PM someone next time.

Wallmarket is the tool you will want to use, but I have no idea how the PC version differs from the PSX version.  You will need to open Wallmarket, go to the Attacks tab, locate the spell that is not working properly, and look to see if the status for Barrier is checked, and set to inflict.  If it is, then the problem might be in the conversion to PC from PSX in which case you are probably screwed.

^assuming you have used CDmage to extract the modded kernel.bin, and opened it in Wallmarket.  Not sure if you did this or not.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: 2012-01-10 12:51:50 »
hey guys, Im using the lostwing mod with bootleg on the pc, and the barrier spells arent putting up any kind of barrier for my characters. Just an animation with no effect. Is wallmarker the tool I need to use to fix this?

WallMarket will handle the effects of the spell, yes.

You might have other issues if you just tried to apply a patch for the PC kernel to the PSX kernel, though. I don't know much about the differences except that the PSX version contains the KERNEL2 data... somewhere. If that's not at the end of the file, you'll see a lot of differences. And even if it is at the end, that's no guarantee the data will compress the same way (though I don't know how data is packed on either version).

I dont exactly understand how to make my changes "permanent" or save them to the kernel/edit the kernel to include my changes. Is there a quick answer for me?

Save the KERNEL then, if on PC, reinsert the KERNEL.BIN into its original directory. On PSX, reimport the KERNEL.BIN using an application like CDMage.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-01-10 13:57:05 »
Thanks for the help guys, I'm using pc so no cdmage necessary. I just don't see a save kernel option. Only create and open. Barrier wasn't checked, and i checked it but idk if inflict was, when I get on my pc later ill check it out

Well, when I first used wallmarket and selected the kernel, I went to barrier under attacks and nothing was checked. I checked barrier and toggle status. Then clicked create kernel. Now when I open wallmarket and select the kernel, toggle and barrier are checked, but it still doesn't seem to be working in game (no icons, damages seem to be the same) am I missing  a step?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-10 16:33:06 by Lionsmane »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #110 on: 2012-01-10 18:44:52 »
I really don't understand your question.

Tell me which spell you need to fix, what it currently does (in *full*) and give me a screenshot of its settings in the KERNEL. Then it'll be straightforward to help you.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-01-10 19:15:39 »
Sorry to be a pain, I've never messed with wallmarket before, but here it goes:

Im using the lostwing mod on my PC (with bootleg)
When trying to use the spell barrier, an animation comes up (the purple star type thing for the spell sleep) but I never see any indication that barrier worked. That is to say, when the character is attacked, they suffer a regular amount of damage and there is no indication of barrier by the characters name. If I cast it again on the same person, the spell misses.

Here are screenshots of my settings in wallmarket as of right now:

And these are the settings when I open wallmarket and choose the Kernel that it found in my ff7 folder, just for clarification.

Again, sorry to pose so many questions! I try to be self-sufficient when I can. Just new to the modding scene

thanks man!

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #112 on: 2012-01-10 19:56:49 »
"Toggle status" isn't what you want there. That will remove barrier if a person has it. Just leave both Toggle and Remove clear.

What's up with those elements too? Why is Recovery and "Hidden" selected? Did you do that or was it like that before?

That Animation ID is also Sleepel's animation. Barrier's is 0F. In an unmodified KERNEL.BIN, the Animation ID is the same as the Attack ID.

Note that the Attack% is 100, not 255. 100 isn't guaranteed to hit all the time. That's probably a change made by LostWing's mod. All further questions need to be asked in the appropriate topic, which is not this one.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012-01-10 20:39:27 »
Thanks, that helped a lot. I think it also helped that I ran wm as an administrator. Also, I was choosing "create kernel.bin" not "create kernel and kernel 2"

Cheers!

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2012-01-10 22:22:02 »
After looking at your images...

You are using some "New Spell Names" patch or something because there is no "Barrier" in the LostWing mod.  What you are seeing as 'Barrier' is actually 'Lucky Strike' - A spell that makes your character have 100% chance of Critical Hits.

At first I thought that there was some massive problem with the conversion to PC version.  LostWing alters virtually all the games spells (Attacks Tab in WM).  You DO NOT want to use the spell name patch with LostWing.

If you want to replace Lucky Strike with Barrier then go ahead.  If you want to turn it back into Lucky Strike use this image.

EDIT:  Or perhaps the text changes to the Lostwing kernel did not transfer to the PC version.  I think I recall vgr saying something about that.  So you probably aren't seeing the proper equipment descriptions either.  Hmm...someone could manually make the changes.  I bet you were confused if you tried to use Poisona and it used an attack on the enemy lol.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-10 22:32:24 by xLostWingx »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012-01-10 22:32:09 »
yeah when i first opened wallmarket and clicked barrier it had those same settings checked that you just displayed. So i guess it is a case of the new spell names patch or whatever. Thanks for the insight man

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: 2012-01-11 04:39:52 »
I've moved the mod-specific discussion out of the WM thread and merged it into this one.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-01-11 12:46:22 »
No, the text DID transfert properly. It was probably something, as LW mentionned, related to some name patch. What I said is that animations aren't well converted. I am too busy (read = lazy) to do it again. My main point was to be able to play the changes on the PC version, no more. If I get the time (read = motivation) I'll probably do it again, better this time.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012-01-12 20:08:15 »
Thank you Bosola.

Thanks for confirming that for me vgr.

So Lionsmane, you can restore the correct kernel.bin text by reapplying the Lostwing mod to your files.  I recommend doing so because what you are reading in the menu while playing your game is inaccurate, and you will definetely run into more confusing issues like your Barrier dilemma.  Not to mention, all the weapons and armor have a heavy effect on your stats/elements/statuses; you are currently not seeing these.  Therefore, you could be equpping inferior weapons, armor, and accessories without even knowing it; as a matter of fact, most accessories are probably doing something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from what your current descriptions are telling you.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012-01-12 20:42:50 »
hmm, I downloaded vgrs file for the pc mod and replaced the two kernels and the scene.bin, (renamed them as well)

[edit]
and things seemed to have changed. I used white choco to get tifa a pair of gloves last night (cant remember the name) then went to buy them after having done the steps mentioned above and they were "bleeding fists" with certain new properties that i verified on wallmarket.

my attacks and everything seem to have changed:

so, looks good! yeah?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-12 20:55:00 by Lionsmane »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012-01-12 21:11:24 »
Looks great!  Now you have the proper item/equipment/materia/magic names and descriptions.  You will probably want to take a good look at everything your party has and re-equip your equipment and materia.  Good luck.

You are using a newer version of Wallmarket than I have though, but everything should work the right way now.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-12 21:14:58 by xLostWingx »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012-01-12 21:19:09 »
hmmm, when I open whitechoco to get some of the materia I dont have (like holy) it doesn't pull up any of the lostwing mod materia. I can see it in wallmarket, because it loads the kernel, but don't have a way to get the materia through wallmarket.

ideas?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-14 23:19:13 by Lionsmane »

Bas

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012-01-18 01:32:21 »
Stupid q by a stupid usr (again :P).

I am using some other mods as well (PC version).

It seems it works fine, oki, some item descs are English instead of German but I don't care about that one.

Is it as it should be when the cure materia only includes cure1, cure2 & regen?

But from what I have read it seems to be a very welcome mod! Keep going!

Addendum:
If I recall correctly this one should work with existing savegames?

Cause I have one at the beginning, before gt blow the 2nd reactor. I applied the mod, loaded the savegame and played a bit till the next savepoint.
Additional to that stuff above:
I got the equipment "five slots" from bonus enemies at the train tunnel. Those shinra soldiers you dont need to fight at the other end. I got that equipment about four times now, lol.
Cloud's first or second weapon (guess it is the 2nd) has become the buster sword, featuring about 6-8 Slots, atk of about 110 in total. He is doing insane damage with that.
Although the description says a potion heals 300 HP now, it infact only does heal 100 or 150 HP.
I got at least two different stats enhancing items now in the tunnel and nearby there; one for luck and one for magic.

It might be also because I have the German version, dunno what is the reason behind this.

Addendum²:
I installed Lost Wing after I installed the Avalanche GUI mod.
However, I still have the Avalanche new avatars instead of the lost wing's ones, so I think something got wrong here.

Addendum 25th Jan:
Does Lost Wing also increase the difficulty a bit?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-25 16:23:58 by Bas »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012-01-27 23:22:34 »
Yes Restore Materia is only suppose to have those spells you listed.

You are not suppose to have the Buster Sword, I don't know how you got it.

This mod should work with existing saves, but due to the many alterations made to the games files, you may have items you're not meant to have.

Yeah the tunnel battles are suppose to give you "Five Slots" and I made it so you can get as many as you like because they are the first low-level universally equippable armor.

The character portraits (avatars) must be manually changed.  The readme that comes with lostwing explains how to put these into the game.

Yes, Lostwing should increase the difficulty slightly during the beginning of the game, and considerably more after you start building up your characters and equipment.

Hope you enjoy the mod, thanks for trying it out.

Bas

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012-01-28 01:18:43 »
Yeah, it looks very awesome till yet, also nice job with adding bonus materia or giving the usually midgame rubbish materia like fire, ice & bolt a 4th, good spell.

I guess - about the Buster Sword - you changed it from the beginning weapon (or the 2nd one aviable in the game usually) and made it not obtainable in the game at that stage, so actually the engine sees there is this item in the inventory, maybe noted by an ID number (dont know anything about FF7 modding, sry) and to this ID belongs the Buster Sword - or sth like that, but I guess it isnt important anyways :)

I am looking forward for your next project.

Sins of a Solar Empire: "Keep up the good work and we stay at friendly terms."