Author Topic: Furzball is back Again;; Ready to finish his work  (Read 3722 times)

Furzball

• Freak
  • Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Yes I'm back, all 500+ post member that hasn't really released much besides an advertisement video for an unfinished mod. But all that is going to change.

Currently logging late night hours as security guard and got a tax return to pay off 3 months of bills. So now I have plenty of spare time to finally finish that mod. So setting aside the easier games to mod (FO3, Oblivion, etc.) and picking up on my Zack mod again. This time though I actually have a better formulated plan of Process to get said mod working, story making sense, movies with cloud still in them being explained away. so on and so forth.

Missed you guys and gals. But I'm mostly here to finish up the business of my mod just cause it is an incomplete project in my mind and I figure the best way to shrug it off is to finally finish it and play through it to make sure of errors and such.

Will I be trying to get people to work with me, you can offer, but don't if you have other stuff on your plate and wont come through. I'm looking to get this mod done in several versions. A first basic version of just script modding where either of the two Zack replaces Cloud mods would work along with it. After which I plan to make a small overhaul where other characters are replaced as well.

Is it going to be that easy. Nope. I plan to do the minimum using tutorials and such without the need for adding a bunch of extras for Zack. No special quests, no new materia, no weapons mods, etc. hence no side tracking. Just script and character edits.

Will leave this post open for comment. If I can make a post with a more complete outline of the mod in the projects forum without any uploads please let me know. Otherwise will be making notes here.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • No life
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Furzball is back Again;; Ready to finish his work
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-27 22:25:35 »
Welcome back! Yes this is fine in the main part of the projects section (in fact i will move it there now), the mods section is for released mods.

Furzball

• Freak
  • Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-27 22:47:41 »
Welcome back! Yes this is fine in the main part of the projects section (in fact i will move it there now), the mods section is for released mods.

Sounds good. Then this will I suppose be the initial discussion thread, I'll have to move my initial first post down later to make room for title/first post for the mod changes. Otherwise this is going to be open to the discussion of the mod.

Currently resetting an old laptop to basically be a FF7 only ghettotop (Laptop made into a desktop). Meaning it's used only for ff7 modding and playing. Ah the wonders of having 4 computers, three desktops and a laptop.  ;D

syntax error

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-29 11:11:29 »
The FF7 movement keys arent very laptop friendly.

Furzball

• Freak
  • Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-30 04:35:40 »
Quick update on my plans to make my Zack mod.

This may take a long while for the mod I really want to do. Which will,
-Change alot of the characters around and edit their "events/storyline" just enough for a pass. However this is hindered by movies they appear in, the amount of animation editing, etc.
-if I can somehow get my own movies into FF7 to replace the ones like, when cloud appears (cause obviously zack is supposed to take his place) I'd do that. Especially the end movie which shows most of the characters besides yuffie and vincent. Causing it to be hard to replace such characters.
-Obviously alot of story script so that it would match character changes.

Obviously alot of this calls for a major overhaul for the game. I'd give it...well as many years as I've been ghosting around the site. And with everyone doing their own thing or moving on with life, I don't suppose I'll get much help. So I'm going to start a quick and dirty script edit for just a zack replacement. And try to get it to make the most sense possible. It may not be what I wanted or what I had goals for. But it will pass for a project. Then I'm going to move on to other small projects each with their own interests. Perhaps someday I'll feel the want to do a complete Zack overhaul. Non the less, I'm going to skip it.

So this is to say, that there won't be a complete Zack overhaul, I'm just adding a script file for people to use with one of the two or three zack cloud replacement mods out there. Then I'll tinker with modeling, some programming, etc. If I can, I've been messing with some game engines, programming, making fractions of products. I think it may be possible in the future that I make a moduleur toolset to perhaps create a setup for the community to remake ff7 and perhaps other similar RPG's based on the FF7 system. I'll go into detail on that when that time comes around.

================================================================
The FF7 movement keys arent very laptop friendly.
Two easy ways past that. First one being the easiest is get a USB keyboard that does have a keypad. The second is there is a mod somewhere that will change the keys to allow play on the laptop.   :mrgreen:
================================================================
Edit" Crabcakes!!! just remembered that on some of the flashback events and such cloud still needs to be in. I have to do my own modeling then.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-30 05:23:28 by Furzball »

Furzball

• Freak
  • Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-04 17:43:00 »
Ok, another update on progress... I had the basic storyling laid out for what I could remember in game to explain away. But the couple of beginning movies with cloud in them threw off my whole explaination so, the project Is going to be scrubbed. But relax, this isn't me going away again. I'm trying to figure out a different project instead. Making a list and checking it twice on something new to do. One of the things on my list is, know how everyone wants battle models as field models, well, I'm going to reverse that somewhat. I'm going to make somewhat chibi style battle models. Then Matching up the weapons and much later enemy units.