Author Topic: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)  (Read 101805 times)

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.2b)
« Reply #225 on: 2016-09-26 18:48:34 »
I also found a little bug on the editor. The number of steals is stuck at 15 and can't be edited. Its like a dummy value or something that doesn't correlate to the number of steals.

I take you edit it to 15 in Memoria (or was 15 from before) steal in-game, just to see it's still 15 in Memoria? I had my suspicions that one was off.

@Hadugo: The hex editor is pretty worthless when it comes to the steam release as the offsets are meaningless. You can still edit there though. I'll add an hex editor that can edit the entire thing. Also an export/import feature in order to dump raw, decrypted data to a file.

Edit: New version uploaded. Pr usual I always screw something up. This time i named the file wrong haha.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-06 07:30:40 by gjoerulv »

TinyGeo

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.0)
« Reply #226 on: 2016-10-15 10:01:43 »
For starter just want to say thx for the amazing editor. I just tried using it and it works great on all EXCEPT for the more recent saved files. On the picture below ive tried opening them all and it seems to give me the error message from block 8 to block 13 which is the last save i made. The saved files from 1-7 all works, just the 8+ blocks have a problem and is the one i would like to edit. Is there anyway of fixing this?

http://imgur.com/a/Nc13B

Never mind i found out how to get around it as it seems the problem is with the block 8+ rather than the save file so i saved my recent file over one of the blocks from 1-7 and it works.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-15 10:20:42 by TinyGeo »

TinyGeo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2016-10-18 04:28:49 »
I just emailed them to you but i dont think its related to the file itself. Im guessing its something more like computer compatibility like perhaps its cause im using window 7 or any system file didnt go well with the editor. As long as the saved files were in  block 1-7 it didnt get the pop up.

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #229 on: 2016-10-18 15:15:00 »
No, actually the error is kinda bad. I set wrong offset for items. Uploading new now.

Old Harry MTX

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #230 on: 2016-12-17 12:51:40 »
Hi gjoerulv, i'm trying to import the saves from a run played with epsxe in my steam version of the game. First of all, is it possible?

I have exported the saves as Single Save Format but when i try to import them in my FF9 steam version Memoria return me that "The file of this file is wrong."

Can you help me?

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #231 on: 2016-12-17 14:06:32 »
Hi gjoerulv, i'm trying to import the saves from a run played with epsxe in my steam version of the game. First of all, is it possible?

I know it's tedious to read the whole thread for an answer, but I've responded to similar questions before in this thread. I'll just quote myself:

Making conversions between PSX and Re-release version (100%) isn't possible unless more of the savemap is figured out. BOTH PSX and re-release. I can only export/import things that are editable in Memoria.

Unfortunately the savemaps are not similar. No easy conversion is possible as far as I know. For example: Character data is not at the same relative offset, in a slightly different order and contains more data (or was it less?) in the rerelease. Also much of the data is stored differently. Single bytes have been replaced by integers and so on. There is more to it, but needless to say it's not as simple as it may sound. And to top it off, I don't have much time to work on it either... "/

Old Harry MTX

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2016-12-18 22:44:59 »
yes, it is what I feared.

By the way thankyou for the efforts and the job made so far!

fool

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2017-03-05 19:31:22 »
Some better infos about chocobo hot and cold:

Since there was no update in a while, i took a look at the chocobo stuff and this is how it's stored in memory:

Code: [Select]
0x00 Int(1)     Chocobo 99,999 Points reached (0/1) - the star shown at the Points-Review ingame, as you can spend points, this is somehow a proof that you reached the 99,999 points
0x01 Int(3)     Chocobo Points (99,999 = max)
0x1C Int(1)     Beak Level (there is no value for the star at lvl 99, it is displayed automatical)
0x1D Int(2)     Beak EP needed to Levelup, at lvl 99 it won't decrease anymore
0x23 Int(2)     Items found at air garden
0x25 Int(2)     Items found at lagoon and ocean
0x27 Int(2)     Items found at forest
0x29 Int(2)     Record at air garden
0x2B Int(2)     Record at lagoon and ocean
0x2D Int(2)     Record at forest
0x49 Int(3)     Tresures found on worldmap (bitwise stored)
0x4C Int(3)     Chocobo Maps digged up in forest, lagoon and ocean (bitwise stored)
0x4F Int(1)     Chocobo unlocked (set always to same value as ability level, this will give access to that ability)
0x50 Int(1)     Chocobo Ability Level (1=Field, 2=Reef, 3=Mt, 4=Sea, 5=Sky) - every value inherits the previous ability, 5 will give all, 6 may crash the game (PSX only)

Infos created with PC Version, PSX uses the same order and got the same unknown values inbetween the others, maybe it helps finding the location at the savegame.

Greetings :)
« Last Edit: 2017-03-06 01:00:50 by fool »