and with that we are now 25% completed.
Progress report OVERALL:
People wanting to install the beta and who PM me, this is how:
1. Place graphic files into the correct mod folder and path. usually /mods/yourmodpath/menu Yourmodpath means YOUR mod path, do not be a bonehead and expect a folder called "yourmodpath". There is no "any" key either.
2. Set up your mod path in opengl driver config file. It is usually set to avalanche if you have installed any of their mods, and that's fine to use.
3. Place window.bin in kernel folder
4. Clear the cache folder or turn off the cache option in the driver config file (compress_textures = no)
5. Use the exe from the root. I.e. from the game folder. It does not need renaming.6. Stop asking me why things are not lined up properly without first looking at the progress report. Is the menu in question said to be done? if so, then report an issue, if not, don't. The amount of times I am seeing "Why isn't X lined up with X" and the progress report is at 25%. Come on guys stop being bone idle. I go to the trouble of documenting every byte and flea for a reason.
7. Try to be considerate. Constructive criticism is good, b*tching about how you liked the old borders, the old layout, and wanting me to still be here until I am 79, is not. Whilst I am sure you mean well, it is extremely annoying because it is easy to criticise or want more, but try sitting here with a hex editor for hours a day for weeks.
8. If you have followed these instructions and your battles look like crap, you didn't follow the instructions. There is only 1 equation needed here. Look like rubbish=YOU made a mistake. I may not be perfect but I am not capable of releasing a totally crippled beta (unlike microsoft).
This is a beta. That means that this is nowhere near finished and only for testing purposes. Back up anything you are going to overwrite.
Have I missed anything in documentation? Have I missed something with the 004 original menu mod that I may miss again? Have you got an improvement that is feasible to implement (i.e. not "that youtube fan-made menu that looks great but is actually impossible for you to make without rewriting the menu from scratch which you can't do"). If so. Please tell me
p.s. this post sounds tetchy,.