Author Topic: [FF7] LGP Frontend (v1.2)  (Read 19113 times)

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
[FF7] LGP Frontend (v1.2)
« on: 2011-04-11 13:40:19 »
LGP Frontend v1.2

Description

This is a simple GUI frontend for Aali's LGP\UnLGP tools.

Installation

Extract the contents of the .rar file, and place them anywhere you want. (You only need the .exe file, the src folder is for other modders.)

You will need to download and install Aali's LGP\UnLGP tools, and place both .exe files(lgp.exe, unlgp.exe) in the same directory as my .exe file.

You can find LGP\UnLGP in this thread.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8641.0

Requirements

This tool was programmed in C#, and requires the .Net Framework v2.0 or greater to be installed on your PC.

Change Log

v1.0 - Initial release.

v1.1
  • Fixed an issue with paths containing spaces. (My fault, I didn't wrap the paths in quotations before passing them to the command line tools.)

v1.2
  • Lowered the .Net requirements to v2.0
  • Fixed a bug causing an "Invalid Directory Name" error to be thrown.
  • Added a simple progress window

Credits

Ficedula: For creating a lot of the original Final Fantasy modding tools, including LGP tools.

Aali: For creating LGP\UnLGP which this frontend uses to function.

Thanks to all the other modders, and tool makers, and of course, the forum\wiki managers who give us a place to gather together and work on these great classic games.

And, Square, for giving us the games in the first place. :)

----------------------

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tscq8li4117cwa5
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 18:11:53 by Covarr »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [REL] LGP Frontend v1.1
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-11 17:49:22 »
Requirements
This tool was programmed in C#, and requires the .Net Framework v3.5 or greater to be installed on your PC.

Please Note: if you use wine this will not work. Since wine currently does not support .net3.5 (maybe it with mono, if your in to that kind of thing.)

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-11 18:38:57 »
What's the max .Net wine supports?

I arbitrarily chose v3.5, but I don't think I have any features that actually require it. (Win7 defaulted to v4.0, I set it to v3.5 just to be safe when I first started coding it, ie, I wasn't sure what all I would need, and what methods I would be using.)

I may be able to recompile it to run under Net 2.0, but I don't think I can go lower than that. (I'll have to do some testing after I get some sleep.)

I don't want to leave anyone out if I can help it. :)

---

Edit: I did a quick test, and I was able to recompile under .Net v2.0, but going any lower apparently requires installing the older .Net's runtimes, well, according to Visual Studio, and I'm not sure that is good idea on Win7.

So will that work?
« Last Edit: 2011-04-11 18:53:34 by Wutai Clan »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-11 19:03:50 »
i think safely is .net2.0.  not sure as i try to avoid C# and .net when ever possible(and other basterized m$ languages). personally i would have used a crossplatform toolkit to make the gui. not that it matters, because you can easily make a version for mac os or linux using "native" toolkits if nessessary. for those you will have to use C/C++. or you could have just used a scripting lang like python to complete the task in a method where the os does not matter.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-11 19:13:58 »
Right, well I'll get the update up tomorrow some time. :)
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 22:13:27 by Wutai Clan »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-11 19:44:10 »
very nice, i was actually contemplating creating a similar app to get accustomed to C# as well. Looks like you beat me to the punch! If you okay with it, i would like to take a peek at your source code, i have just gotten into coding and it would be nice to see some working examples that i can actually wrap my head around.

lee

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-11 19:51:28 »
To me, C is the better code since I am a n00b in programming... Well, I understand C++ too, but don't ask me to write a prog in C++ ^_^

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-11 20:21:10 »
very nice, i was actually contemplating creating a similar app to get accustomed to C# as well. Looks like you beat me to the punch! If you okay with it, i would like to take a peek at your source code, i have just gotten into coding and it would be nice to see some working examples that i can actually wrap my head around.

lee

Source was included(in the download), as well as full permission to peek\poke\modify\etc,. :D

(Though, I did do a few, kind of advanced things, but, it should mostly be straightforward.)
« Last Edit: 2011-04-11 20:23:20 by Wutai Clan »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-11 21:05:14 »
It looks very nice. However I get an error when I try to use it.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The directory name is invalid
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at LGP_Frontend.AppExecuter.RunUNLGP(String input, String output)
   at LGP_Frontend.LGPMain.Execute(FileSelectionControl control)
   at LGP_Frontend.FileSelectionControl.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LGP Frontend
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/Final%20Fantasy%20VII/LGP%20Frontend%20v1.1/LGP%20Frontend.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-12 01:49:25 »
Edit: I was able to reproduce the issue, and I believe I have it fixed now, I'll do some more testing on various folder configs, to make sure it all works.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-12 11:58:13 by Wutai Clan »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-12 12:39:55 »
what is wrong w/ u ppl learning C# . learn real C you can use on any platform not just microsofts...

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-12 13:48:15 »
snip.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 22:12:56 by Wutai Clan »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-12 15:48:26 »
Well, for one, why develop for crappy inferior OS's?
so why are you developing programs for windows(lol, sorry i just had to.)now to be serious i was not saying that at all , i was saying that if you going to learn  C then you shouldn't waste your time learning one that only works on one platform.you should learn real C. like if you ever want to dev for something other then your windows box. like idk a gameconsole,other OSes,any of the other tons of devices that is not a windwos pc. i never even said that it was an OS problem.  personally i don't care at all what OS your running. that is why i compile my software for all oses. if i cared i wouldn't waste my time setting up a dev enviroment in windows or mac os (or even install thoses oses as the do nothing for me)

I guarantee, the majority of Windows haters, owned pre-builts, it wasn't Windows fault you chose a crappy PC manufacturer, that built you a crap box with inferior parts. I build my own, they usually run(24\7) stable for 5-10 years without issue, or re-installs(OS). With the occasional(2-5yrs) failed piece of hardware, which is not unexpected(Hardware fails.). (I've ran windows since v3.1, and assure you, it's fine. 3.1\95\98\ME\2K\XP\Win7, all fine. (Vista sucked))
i have never owned a prebuilt machine i have been building them for years. but yes it must be because of some oem. This the the worst arguement i have EVER heard for people hating windows.

Anyways, stop polluting my release thread with your BS, it's starting to get irritating, it's programmed in C#, don't like it, make your own.
i wasn't bitching about it being made in C# i was just letting ppl who use wine know (and you if you care, you seamed to above) that it won't work in wine since .net 3.5 does not work currently in wine. As for making my own version. I've already done with this all i care todo create an install script for the command line programs that places them in your run path. if i was gonna make a front end i would have done so long ago when i packed up an install package for windows users.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] LGP Frontend v1.2
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-12 16:09:25 »
I think this should be continued in unrelated if you wish to discuss further.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-12 18:05:07 »
@sl1982, sorry about that. :( I gave him lowered .Net support for Whine, yet he still did, ironic, perhaps. ;)

Anyways, in the future, I'll try to watch my temper, it get's the best of me sometimes. (Or report it, if it becomes necessary.)

@SithLord48, no hard feelings. :)

[Don't mind my little joke above, I was just kidding. PM me if you wanna talk some more.]

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-04-12 19:30:27 »
v1.2 worked fine for me. Thanks for the quick fix!

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-04-12 19:40:11 »
whats with all the C# hate?
Everyone i have talked to(hiring directors and high up programmers) are saying that c# and .NET are quickly becoming the standard, as well as ASP. If you know c#, its not necessary to know c++ because the .NET compiler can interpret different languages to produce the same package(for the most part). Also, it's similarities to C++ and Java are quite close, as well as VB, so if you learn C# your in a great position to learn other closely related languages. Of course the reverse applies as well, but C# is easily accessible to newer programmers like myself and Wutai since the syntax does not appear as archaic.

*edited for presumptions, sorry!*
« Last Edit: 2011-04-12 22:09:07 by pyrozen »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-04-12 20:31:45 »
v1.2 worked fine for me. Thanks for the quick fix!

No problem, glad it worked for you. :)

@Pyrozen, I haven't done any other releases here, but, I've been programming for a very long time. :P

---

Edit: @Pyrozen, don't worry about it, I was just saying. (Btw, I agree with you about C#, it really is becoming the standard. Though, we should leave it at this, the moderator has already been in here once about the off-topic discussions.)

@All, let me know if you have any issues, I'll get them resolved as quickly as I can, and remember, the source is available, as well as permission to make a release should I not be around to fix any bugs. (The tool can also be re-hosted, should the link ever die.)

(A port can be made too, though, this should be easy enough to write from scratch in about any language. A moderator can re-tag my version as being [.Net 2.0\Windows 32\64bit] should a port\version for Mac\Linux be made, just to keep it from being confusing, or simply edit my post with links to any ports. Whatever seems appropriate.)

(My general policy is simple, don't claim my work as your own, credit me if you use my work, and as for updating my releases, just be sure I'm no longer active, other than that, you can pretty much do whatever you want with it.)
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 04:30:30 by Wutai Clan »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-04-13 21:09:28 »
a very much needed gui. thanks!

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-03-25 11:22:56 »
The link,