Author Topic: FF7 PC: Problem with Battle Screen and Music  (Read 31036 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 PC: Problem with Battle Screen and Music
« Reply #25 on: 2012-04-09 13:57:59 »
Did you somehow change your sound playback device?
In the task tray, right click on the speaker and select PLAYBACK DEVICES from the context menu.
Make sure the correct device is set as the default.

Point 1 is normal behavior.

The FF7Music settings only affect the music.  To configure the output device for the sound effects, you must run FF7CONFIG.EXE as administrator and select the correct sound device.

The music doesn't start until after the first battle.

realmain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-04-10 00:07:37 »
Wow… I am smart - -" (not)
For some reason, after I die, my Wave and SW Synth goes to 0 in my volume control. So had no sound, unless I brought it back up.

StarsiegeAMAI

« Reply #27 on: 2012-04-22 04:46:46 »
Download FF7Music from this MediaFire folder :  FF7Music Installer (Covarr)

You must extract the .EXE in the RAR-archive so that BFE can find the file !

Hint :  FF7Music 1.51.13 is not supported in Bootleg 0037

Hello. Im a total newbie to this site but i have been working on my ffv7 build for the past week so i am relatively familiar with some of the issues revolving around this thread but ff7music is really just messing me up here. im pleased to see this thread in relatively new and proposes the exact same issue i have at the moment. ive never gotten FF7Music to work for me. today i just wiped my install folder and started over step by step using the tutorials here and  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12636.0 

ive never been able to get the ff7music_15112 to download fully. i am downloading it at the moment from rapidshare, but oh! that dl rate! you now have this other link but i have two issues here. i can only extract the first file. the other two are broken according to 7zip. my other issue is im not exactly sure how you can merge these files to one .exe so BFE can regognize them. mabe im just trying to do too much here or something

i have a copy of ff7music_install_15113 that BFE does not recognize. i wanted to see what would happen if i just renamed the file to xxx112 and it seemed to atleast download something however, no sound. i followed the steps on this thread on checking for settings and i thought it was odd that i was missing the same files as realmain.

id like to dl xxx112 but if he had the same issues from rapidshare then im afraid im headed in the wrong direction, and headed there extremely slowly. i re-downloaded the files from media fire just to make sure i dl-ed them completely and they seem to be just plain broken.

is there a way i can just wipe the ff7music files in my install folder and load xxx113 outside of Bootleg or am i just chasing this issue the wrong way here?
thx to everybody for putting so much work into one of my favorite games from my childhood! oh, and sorry about my grammatical errors and such.

StarsiegeAMAI

« Reply #28 on: 2012-04-22 04:52:04 »
oh yeah and im running Windows 7 x64 bit. all my security settings are 'full control' and compatibility settings 'run this program as administrator'