Author Topic: ff7/ff8 difficulty mod  (Read 3744 times)

stavstav

• View Profile
ff7/ff8 difficulty mod
« on: 2012-11-08 13:28:38 »
I am wanting to do a mod to ff7 & ff8 that would ramp up the difficulty a bit.  Basically, it would involve editing the amount of points increase or percentage increase of the stats of the characters when they level up.  My issue with these games is that the battles have been a little too easy in most cases.  Eventually your character gets so strong there is no point in using magic because it is always weaker than attacking.  Plus its a little too easy to get 9999 health.

Anyways any ideas on how to do this.  I would assume you would need to de-compile the game and edit the programming code which I am guessing is in C++ language?

I am going to try playing around with the (savegame) character editor...

Thank you

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: ff7/ff8 difficulty mod
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-09 04:09:08 »
you didn't even bother to look at the tool section, did you?
for ff7, we have all sorts of editors. what you want to do is edit the stat curves ( and there is already a mod that does this and ramps up the difficulty considerably. As well as one other mod that just ramps up difficulty without editing stat curves. for PC anyway ) and the enemy stats which isn't really all that hard to do, just tedious

for ff8, I remember there being an enemy editor or something but the game has considerably less tools than ff7