Author Topic: [FF7] Mod Details for Bootleg - Tifa's Package (WIP)  (Read 349301 times)

username

• View Profile
Re: [FAQ] Tifa's Package
« Reply #25 on: 2013-03-29 20:18:13 »
Just a general issue; I've tried a few presets briefly just to test the differences, some that wouldn't start at all.  Yours does work well, my only concern being there's no checkbox for the "Aeris Revival" mod in the bootloader when I use your preset so I want to be sure I have it working before making any progress.  Only things I changed were removing the difficulty mod in bootleg setup and a few character models if that helps any.

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-03-30 20:53:42 »
I had no problems downloading this torrent. Works great for me. Hey @DraigoDragon, what is your Internet provider?

BTHomeHub3

spibbly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-03-31 17:53:43 »
could you tell me how to add the AC sprites from other mods in to this?

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-04-15 07:26:26 »
BTHomeHub3
Wow, let me see here, thirteen pounds sterling a month for the price. I guess that is a good rate. Ninety Nine pounds sterling for the Wireless Modem. Well it looks like it would work well. I am not from the United Kingdom, so I do not know how their network works. I would assume it is more reliable then AT&T's network in the United Soviet States of America.

LightAcolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-04-28 16:58:52 »
All of the Parts 2 - 5 links for the Filed Files are currently broken in BFE, on the qhimm forum link, and in this listing; however, in the big list of mods parts 2 - 5 are available as posted by the PitBrat. Just FYI!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 2013-04-28 19:00:20 »
Filed Files? I think you did a typo there  ;) I'll fix it once you respond.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-04-29 19:02:07 »
I am doing my part when I can to keep alive the different torrents.

spadge3k00

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-05-15 21:07:24 »
appreciate the effort gone in here. however the torrent containing all compatible mods has very very few seeders lol its taking forever :(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-05-16 00:14:20 »
It's on a seedbox, so there will always be seeding. I'll turn my personal seeding on tonight when I go to bed. It should be downloaded by the morning.

uselessinfoguru

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-05-22 05:16:02 »
If I might suggest that we all keep seeding this main file, then add update torrents, until there are too many updates and we build and seed a new main file.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-05-22 16:00:48 »
It's on a seedbox so it will automatically keep being distributed as she said.

icepick314

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-05-28 16:50:01 »
what is the latest torrent package?

I think I got the latest torrent file back in January and have been continuously seeding since...

are there any updated files that needs to be swapped out or are the mods pretty much done?

thanks...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile

Xialoh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-06-24 09:05:42 »
This is a bit intimidating at 17.2 gb. This is probably a ridiculous question, but if I download this package, does the installer pretty much handle everything? Aside from mod selection of course. I looked at the individual downloads list, and aside from taking less space, it looks even more intimidating >_>.

Also, is it normal to say, break your game by installing incompatible mods or anything?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-06-24 16:16:53 »
Yes it installs everything for you and no, Bootleg will take care of compatibility problems.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-06-24 17:40:31 »
This is a bit intimidating at 17.2 gb. This is probably a ridiculous question, but if I download this package, does the installer pretty much handle everything? Aside from mod selection of course. I looked at the individual downloads list, and aside from taking less space, it looks even more intimidating >_>.

Also, is it normal to say, break your game by installing incompatible mods or anything?
You do not need to download that torrent file including ALL mods if you do not wish to and can download all the required mods you need you selected in Bootleg manually by using the links, the software Jdownloader can sorta automate downloading all the links you need the files from and obviously this way needs less to download as you only download what you need.

Xialoh

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-06-24 23:26:00 »
Ah I see. I got the torrent overnight since I caved and decided to do it before bed. I have only one more question here, and that's about the FMVs/soundtracks. It's not entirely clear to me which FMV mod does what. Particularly the bootleg/X ones. I saw a video for Grimmy's and it looked great for the intro, but I'm not sure that one is as extensive as some of the others like Rumbah 1280 Smooth, for instance. Several of the ones listed in Bootlegger aren't actually mentioned in this thread at all, such as Bootleg Reworked, Grimmy+Leonhart/alt, etc. I'm not exactly sure if a reversal is easily done once I execute this so..

Any advice on which of these FMVs to go with? I'm fairly new to FF7 and routinely mod games that I play, so I don't necessarily need to keep with a nostalgic feel or anything. Just trying to make everything as appealing as possible.

Oh, and if this isn't an appropriate thread to be asking this question, feel free to delete this and I'll ask elsewhere of course.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-24 23:35:38 by Xialoh »

beardedjo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-07-06 01:31:54 »
I just downloaded this over night and FF7_GameConverter.exe was flagged as a trojan by Malwarebytes. Just wondering if this is normal.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-07-06 01:43:06 »
There are a lot of false positives because of the file structure. There are no viruses here.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-07-06 03:39:17 »
I just downloaded this over night and FF7_GameConverter.exe was flagged as a trojan by Malwarebytes. Just wondering if this is normal.
You can extract the file with WinRar.
Let then again test your virus scanner the unpacked parts and tell me, if and where it reports.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-07-06 04:02:43 »
It's a false positive. Don't worry, he's super legit.

beardedjo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-07-06 12:09:15 »
You can extract the file with WinRar.
Let then again test your virus scanner the unpacked parts and tell me, if and where it reports.

HextLoader.exe is what's setting it off. I'm sure everything is legit; I'm probably just being paranoid due to some problems with torrents and my computer lately. lol

Anyway, do I even need to use this to install the mods? I swear it was mentioned in the tutorial, but it's gone now.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-07-06 12:40:21 »
HextLoader.exe is what's setting it off. I'm sure everything is legit; I'm probably just being paranoid due to some problems with torrents and my computer lately. lol
This is not used by the GameConverter, flying out so soon. I had the sake of completeness with it, is a part of DLPB tools.

Anyway, do I even need to use this to install the mods? I swear it was mentioned in the tutorial, but it's gone now.
The problem was that the GC 0.6 does not recognize the path and a manual input is not possible.
I'm Just going to test 0.7 on XP, looks quite good.
Need not necessarily do that part, but can harm (intended) it also does not ;D
It runs along with the old, the 2012 and the 2013 version soon and fixes some problems with the UAC.
More here

Armond

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-07-06 20:04:30 »
ffviiremix mp3's part1.rar (and part2.rar) are giving me a 403 permission error when linked from Bootleg and the list. Also, I keep getting server not found errors when trying to download the torrent. Is it possible the torrent could be linked somewhere else/uploaded to the forums themselves?

Thanks for any help.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013-07-06 20:18:14 »
ffviiremix mp3's part1.rar (and part2.rar) are giving me a 403 permission error when linked from Bootleg and the list. Also, I keep getting server not found errors when trying to download the torrent. Is it possible the torrent could be linked somewhere else/uploaded to the forums themselves?

Thanks for any help.

I updated the torrent links. Try now.