Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 487009 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.52)
« Reply #800 on: 2016-09-29 19:48:20 »
hey

is there anyway to play the lost wing mod without using 7th for the ff7 on the pc version

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #801 on: 2016-09-29 19:49:53 »
Hm :/ It's not being blocked due to being a downloaded file, is it? If you right click on the 7thHeaven.exe file and choose Properties, does it say at the bottom of the properties that it's blocked (& give you the option to unblock it)?

Can anyone else confirm?

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2016-10-01 03:09:02 »
That did the trick! It looks like it was auto flagged despite coming from within a downloaded archive. I was able to get it up and running just fine, although I don't have ff7 on it to test. I'll have to dig out a copy

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #803 on: 2016-10-01 07:36:37 »
So far I've opened it and just fiddled around with the UI. Everything seems to be working ok atm.

Could you look into the memory usage during downloads? It's possible that the larger downloads are freezing for some users because the memory usage reaches too high of an amount before finishing.

ficedula

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.53)
« Reply #804 on: 2016-10-01 08:53:44 »
Great, guess we'll need to sort out auto-updates to deal with the manual downloads being flagged.

Could you look into the memory usage during downloads? It's possible that the larger downloads are freezing for some users because the memory usage reaches too high of an amount before finishing.

Sure, is that on any downloads, just Mega, just Google Drive, ...?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2016-10-01 23:01:56 »
I believe any. If it doesn't establish connection with the first, it's supposed to switch to the second. I asked for this feature because of monthly bandwidth issues.

Would there be any way for the compatibility and auto update features to recognize from manual downloads/imports?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-02 00:01:03 by EQ2Alyza »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #806 on: 2016-10-02 03:01:10 »
Is there an explanation of what this update does exactly or does it do things behind the scenes that we don't really need to know about?

LeaKuroOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2016-10-02 03:52:22 »
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I need a little bit of help. See, before, the 7th Heaven modder would never crash on me. Like ever. But now, something has changed. I am using Windows 10 on a brand new laptop. On my old laptop, I was using Windows 10 and still didn't have any problems. Here is the crash log. This pops up whenever I hit search to bring up the mod catalog for the first time and it crashes.
Code: [Select]
System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Iros._7th.Workshop.Workshop.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "7thHeaven.Code" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(String fileName)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Workshop.get_Loader() in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\Workshop.Designer.cs:line 73
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.ImageCache.Get(String url, Guid modID) in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\ImageCache.cs:line 126
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.UpdateDetails() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 69
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.Init(Mod m, ModBarState barState, Boolean showInstall, Boolean showDownloadSize) in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 143
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoSearch(Panel pResults, IEnumerable`1 mods, String text, HashSet`1 tags, Label lbl, Dictionary`2& list, ContextMenuStrip menu, ModBarState showProfile, Boolean showInstall, Boolean showDownloadSize) in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 502
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bSearchC_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1007
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

So, if anyone can please help me with a way to fix this, or if there is an update that I did not know about, please let me know. My version of FF7 is the Steam version. I did use the game converter. And 7H version is 1.53. Thank you in advance for looking at this post and please help me because I really want to do all my graphical mods and story line mods again.

A quick update. I downgraded from 1.53 to 1.52 and it works again. It might have something to do with the update.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-02 13:06:10 by LeaKuroOkami »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2016-10-02 06:03:50 »
Is there an explanation of what this update does exactly or does it do things behind the scenes that we don't really need to know about?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.msg244189#msg244189

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #809 on: 2016-10-02 06:36:28 »
Ah okay, i did see that but i didn't think that was it. Well still that's cool

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2016-10-02 15:31:55 »
Version 1.54:  http://www.ficedula.co.uk/7thHeaven/7H_1.54.zip

-Fix crash when loading preview images
-Fix crash when trying to edit OpenGL driver config
-Move auto update to new server

Once you've downloaded 1.54 the auto update will work again, but older versions won't update to 1.54 I'm afraid.

Would there be any way for the compatibility and auto update features to recognize from manual downloads/imports?

Should be possible, I'll see what I can do.

I believe any. If it doesn't establish connection with the first, it's supposed to switch to the second. I asked for this feature because of monthly bandwidth issues.

I'm having trouble reproducing this - because I'm having trouble downloading any mods at the moment (not just with the new version of 7H, same with the old one) - are all the accounts currently over their limits...?

Akawashi

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2016-10-02 17:14:15 »
I'm still having issues with the converter not finding files...

Or Steam not installing FF7 Registry Keys..

I don't know the issue, i have posted about it, and EQ2Alyza has been trying to help me... although i'm getting nowhere fast.

I'm betting it's a simple overlooked issue to :/ (Like Registry Permissions... which i have set all of them to "Full Access", but it didn't change a thing.)

Here's my thread..
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17171.0

I get Registry & Permission errors with both converter and the newest version of 7H.

« Last Edit: 2016-10-14 00:27:52 by Akawashi »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2016-10-04 10:30:29 »
Iros is gone from the scene?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2016-10-04 13:43:28 »
Iros is gone from the scene?

We don't know for sure until he comes back and says so himself, but right now it's assumed so.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2016-10-05 13:51:02 »
Can you and ficedula continue to update the app?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #815 on: 2016-10-05 14:42:19 »
I would love to get the source code for it, i'd like to redisign it myself even just for personal use

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2016-10-05 16:55:45 »
I would love to get the source code for it, i'd like to redisign it myself even just for personal use

It is available: https://bitbucket.org/ficedula/7h/overview

Can you and ficedula continue to update the app?

So, yes.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #817 on: 2016-10-05 17:01:27 »
Ha amazing. Thank you

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #818 on: 2016-10-23 19:09:22 »
Ficedula it is great to have you working on this project. To me 7H is the greatest FFVII modding tool since Kimera. That being said I have a very specific error occuring with every version of 7H since the update to version 1.50 including both of your updates 1.53 and 1.54.

So the issue as best I can describe is that 7H has become unable to load large and complex iros into large modded lgp files. An example would be an iro of 900mb containing 24 folders and 5313 files and using lgps of sizes like battle 1.85gb, magic 400mb, char 975mb. All the lgp files are 100% tested and working with FF7.exe. The iro works with all the modded files using version 1.49 of 7H, but even 1.49 will crash if the Battle.lgp goes over 2gb or the iro goes over 1gb. All versions after 1.50 refuse to load with large modded lgps. I do have FF7.exe and 7thHeaven.exe modded to accept files over 2gb. So this is the error that 1.54 gives when I try and load a setup that does run properly in 1.49.

If I lower my iro count or size 7H will crash the driver and give this applog and crash.dmp

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19cwuddztuc9qca/7H1.54+crash+driver.7z

All versions of 1.5 work for me using original lgps, but some iros going over 1gb still crash the driver just like in earlier versions. I really hope an update to 7H can be made to allow it to once again deal with large lgp files and iros and hopefully even go above the functionality it had at 1.49. The file switching based on variables is such and amazing feature and really expands the modding possibilities.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 03:44:54 by Grimmy »

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2016-10-23 19:53:32 »
The error message is fairly helpful, so I have an idea about what's causing it - just don't know exactly how I'll fix it. Will require some digging through the source code, but it will definitely be fixable, just depends how much needs changing to cope.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2016-10-24 06:46:48 »
The error message is fairly helpful, so I have an idea about what's causing it - just don't know exactly how I'll fix it. Will require some digging through the source code, but it will definitely be fixable, just depends how much needs changing to cope.

Wouldn't it help to give the tool the opportunity to handle large addresses? I usually use CFF explorer to exceed this limit.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #821 on: 2016-10-24 09:15:04 »
I dunno if it's for everyone but anything magic wise breaks my game. Only in 7H though. Like i can still play but i get 2 red dots and effects don't appear. If i verse the machine enemy at the start for example with the smoke shot it just does nothing, game over because the magic never hits me

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #822 on: 2016-10-24 21:44:22 »
Wouldn't it help to give the tool the opportunity to handle large addresses? I usually use CFF explorer to exceed this limit.

I do have FF7.exe and 7thHeaven.exe modded to accept files over 2gb.

I had done that using CFF explorer, and while it does seem to fix FF7.exe with larger lgp files it doesn't help 7thHeaven.exe with both large iros and large lgp files. It is a problem with versions after 1.5 since almost all the previous versions could handle the large lgp and iros.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2016-10-27 12:34:32 »
I don't know how construcktive or feasible this is, but here is my idea.

But first the problem:
Most Steam users avoid to downpatch the game for many reasons, mostly they won't lose the ability to get achievements or they fear the complexity of the downpatch (which also do not work to 100%).

The Solutions:
One way would be to make sure that 7H is compatible with the re-release (r-r). But this will bring us only demands to bring the texture packs for the BG or the Menu Overhaul to work with the re-release. Which is in fact possible, but hardly manageable for one person at all (because steam user seams to be demanders than moders. Exceptions confirm the rule.)

The most elegant way, however, would be to let the user simply not know that they play the '98 version of the game. This needs a few things. 7H needs to organize the files of the r-r, installs Aali's driver and if necessary needed files and it needs a loader plugin, which do something similar as this tool.
The loader must(?) start its work when 7H starts. It also needs to inject a FF7.exe without a CD check (maybe writing it into the RAM?). On the other hand 7H must be able to patch the injected FF7.exe with another pre-patched one, so we can use mods which needs a custom exe (as the Reunion). Because of the nature of the Loader it is important that it only works if 7H is installed and if Steam and steamrelated files are present (and also if Steam is running). It's also important that the loader, while a plugin for 7H, is not part of the source code for obvious reasons. It probably won't need many updates anyway.
The achievements are stored in a file called achievement.dat in the save folder of the r-r. In theory, it should even now be possible to edit the file with 7H, since it can replace files when a specific var does change. Blackchocobo can edit achievement.dat so there must somebody know how the file structure is.

The booster could probably also be mimicked but that's not important at all.

And yes the loader should be only for the steamversion. See it as some kind of valuable point for SE and Steam to have it, since it could mean more sells.

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2016-10-29 10:57:53 »
I had done that using CFF explorer, and while it does seem to fix FF7.exe with larger lgp files it doesn't help 7thHeaven.exe with both large iros and large lgp files. It is a problem with versions after 1.5 since almost all the previous versions could handle the large lgp and iros.

It's not directly due to the size of the iros - it's how many are loaded and how complex they are. If you had an IRO with the same amount of files, and the same amount of custom folders in it, it wouldn't work even if it was only 10MB in size (and an IRO with 6GB of movies in it would probably work fine if it didn't contain many files or customer folders).