Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4906422 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3875 on: 2016-06-29 02:08:18 »
Seriously one of the hardest workers I've seen. Response time and coverage and everything, I'm actually a technician for Apple and the support I get from my own company is not this efficient, they need to take some notes.

You say that, but it's been about two months since I last made a patch for the mod ^^'

Also earlier I commented on the bone village side quest, I was talking about the sleeping forest sidequest where you climb up the vine

Ah right, that's temporarily down for an overhaul. It was available in 1.35 but I wasn't happy with it. On that note, I finished the new battle model for that sidequest. Should be a fight to remember :3

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: 2016-06-29 03:33:50 »
Oooohhhh, when can we expect it to be back up? I actually really enjoyed it in 1.35

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: 2016-06-29 03:44:12 »
Oooohhhh, when can we expect it to be back up? I actually really enjoyed it in 1.35

Several weeks ago ;-;

I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: 2016-06-29 03:48:23 »
Is a majority of this project just you doing the work? If so, time constraints shouldn't even be relavant, I've put 1500+ hours into speed running this game and have multiple ff7 tattoos, and this mod alone has rekindled the fire and passion for this game that I used to have. This mod is truly a blessing, so keep on doing what you do, that's all we ask. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: 2016-06-29 05:29:51 »
Is a majority of this project just you doing the work? If so, time constraints shouldn't even be relavant, I've put 1500+ hours into speed running this game and have multiple ff7 tattoos, and this mod alone has rekindled the fire and passion for this game that I used to have. This mod is truly a blessing, so keep on doing what you do, that's all we ask. :)

Just little old me, but the community have helped a bunch with technical info; and feedback/bug-reports from players too.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: 2016-06-29 05:42:18 »
I feel like I may just be stupid when it comes to modding XD I downloaded the most recent flevel patch and when i run it, it still says there's nothing to update. Am i doing something wrong???

Edit:
I scrapped everything, and reinstalled the base game on steam, redownloaded the mod from page 1 of this thread which clearly states both patches need to be applied, and still when i try to apply them, it says the directory contains no files to update. I have never felt so stupid when it comes to games, help me please :(
« Last Edit: 2016-06-29 08:04:25 by Soulofsteel »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: 2016-06-29 06:59:34 »
I keep encountering a soft-freeze at the Church Roof. I'm utterly unable to move Cloud and Aeris to the wodden beam that leads to the church roof. I'm unsure if this is an issue due to the patch, or one of those random things from the vanilla game I've just had the bad luck to encounter (this is the third encounter I've had with it though, hence why I'm making a post about it now). And no, I have no other mods to my game here. Just New Threat and the latest patch update.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: 2016-06-29 10:52:08 »
Will you be updating the 7th Heaven IRO as well?

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: 2016-06-29 14:58:57 »
Putting the flevel patch together for tonight. I've been fixing things over the last few weeks but not keeping a note on it;

-) Prior to Junon Raid, player can equip Barret, Cait Sith, and Yuffie altogether so they don't need to do it later.
-) Added proper Save Point + Shop option (instead of Rank Up for this specific save point only) to Junon Raid when Yuffie joins.
-) Fixed the Rocket Town cutscene skip options (options had opposite intended effects)
-) Lost & Found NPC on Highwind updated with correct battle (to activate Cloud's Innate) + key items
-) Various typos fixed in scenes
-) Adjusted volume on sound effects on Mako Cannon scene
-) Fort Condor Teleport NPC's money check script (finally) fixed
-) Ziegfried encounter on field screen
-) Game no longer softlocks when visiting Priscilla with Tifa or Cid as party leader on Disc 3
-) Requirement to start Kalm Traveler sidequest returned to original
-) Various text alignments using max-length names to avoid text-box problems with long custom names (likely more to be made, but all reported instances should be fixed now)
-)  The scorpion has finally been eradicated from the church, for real this time
-) Micro Engine drop added to Love Buster; is also available from Lost & Found NPC on Highwind if enemy was already killed
-) Gold Chocobo script enabled
-) Unequip party member options removed from late-game to prevent loss of Materia
-) Changed the Fort Condor 'all battles won' prize to something worthwhile
-) Item checks for crafting Ultimate Weapons scoured and should be working now

That's what I've done today anyway + could remember from before. If I've missed anything/not mentioned it, then let me know so I can check if it was fixed or not. The patch will be generated and uploaded a few hours from now to give people some time to report unmentioned bugs/make quick suggestions. I'll be trialing some early access to Materia like Added Cut and Slash-All to see if a hybrid build can be utilised earlier in the game; I've an idea for how it could work.

Plan for the scene.bin/enemy patch
-) Implement Morph plan for North Crater enemies (if this fails, I'll re-work it so that one weapon is a drop and the other is a steal).
-) SP Gained text removed from all Midgar enemies (done)
-) Hojo overhaul (in progress)
-) Various boss overhauls/tweaks based on playthrough; Lambda Calcule, Gi Kattan, and COMMANDO squad affected (done)
-) Adjust enemy strength of Junon League Bracket #1 so it can be challenged properly on Disc 1 after getting the buggy (rewards will be adjusted accordingly, with something from each enemy as well).
-) Adjust SP script for all enemies above Lv.44 so that they can work with the Level Synch
-) Corel Train adjustment
-) SOLDIER & COMMANDO enemies had their AI and attacks overhauled so they have some consistency/more attack options
-) Wrong attack issue on Hungry enemy
-) Final Battle (alt) tuned for a solo character, rather than 2 like it was originally.

This might be a couple of days, the 2nd and 3rd Hojo scripts are being rewritten from the ground up. Again, if I haven't mentioned something then let me know.

Just a random question; Were you going to change Cid's and Cloud's innates? (The barrier for Cid and changing STR/MAG for Cloud)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: 2016-06-29 16:19:52 »
Will you be updating the 7th Heaven IRO as well?

Yeah, but it looks like an issue needs sorting out first with this church roof.

I keep encountering a soft-freeze at the Church Roof. I'm utterly unable to move Cloud and Aeris to the wodden beam that leads to the church roof. I'm unsure if this is an issue due to the patch, or one of those random things from the vanilla game I've just had the bad luck to encounter (this is the third encounter I've had with it though, hence why I'm making a post about it now). And no, I have no other mods to my game here. Just New Threat and the latest patch update.

I'll investigate and get it sorted out. I suspect it'll be interference from Dark Cave as there's a scene here later.

I feel like I may just be stupid when it comes to modding XD I downloaded the most recent flevel patch and when i run it, it still says there's nothing to update. Am i doing something wrong???

Edit:
I scrapped everything, and reinstalled the base game on steam, redownloaded the mod from page 1 of this thread which clearly states both patches need to be applied, and still when i try to apply them, it says the directory contains no files to update. I have never felt so stupid when it comes to games, help me please :(

Is your installation for the English version of the game or is it german/spanish/french? If it's a g/s/f install, then you need to rename the flevel (inside the field folder) and lang-xx folder to 'flevel.lgp' and 'lang-en' respectively; a german flevel will be called 'gflevel', a french flevel called 'fflevel', etc. and cause the installer to miss it during installation. Once you've renamed these files to their english equivalents, run the installer again and it should find them this time; then rename the patched files back to their original names so your game will read them.

If it is an English install then I'll send you an alternative solution once I've got this church roof thing sorted out.

Just a random question; Were you going to change Cid's and Cloud's innates? (The barrier for Cid and changing STR/MAG for Cloud)

I think they're staying as-is, though if something better comes to mind for Cid that can fit into the kernel (I'm at the hilt for AI space) then his might change.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: 2016-06-29 16:29:53 »
It's an English install, and thank you I really appreciate it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: 2016-06-29 16:56:10 »

nainje

• View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: 2016-06-29 17:26:56 »
Wow Sega...Just tried Hojo at the end of the 2nd CD...and...well... What I have to say is : WHAT THE FUCK ????!!!!!
The battle took ages just to reach the final morph of him and... I was not able to deal any damage ?? He instant killed my three Characs at nearly lv 90.
For now, this is the most violent defeat I lived on this mod, I thought this battle was really great until the final form that really pissed me of I must admit...A long way to reach this humiliating defeat  :-o :mrgreen:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: 2016-06-29 18:47:18 »
Wow Sega...Just tried Hojo at the end of the 2nd CD...and...well... What I have to say is : WHAT THE fern ????!!!!!
The battle took ages just to reach the final morph of him and... I was not able to deal any damage ?? He instant killed my three Characs at nearly lv 90.
For now, this is the most violent defeat I lived on this mod, I thought this battle was really great until the final form that really pissed me of I must admit...A long way to reach this humiliating defeat  :-o :mrgreen:

Hojo's on the list for an overhaul; the fight takes too long and the 3rd form can sweep a team quite quickly. For the 2nd form, focus on killing the right arm and then the left arm, keeping either Resist or some kind of poison-protection on to render him harmless. You can boost your damage by using Holy-element attacks (restore/revive + Elemental).

nainje

• View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: 2016-06-29 19:30:31 »
In fact I've allready get myself ready and use holy attacks on him, the fact is...in his 3rd form, I just can't deal any damage on him with usual magics even with his absolute physic guard, I always get a "miss" or 0, so He stays forever invincible and gently rape my team  :-D

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: 2016-06-29 20:18:48 »
I think they're staying as-is, though if something better comes to mind for Cid that can fit into the kernel (I'm at the hilt for AI space) then his might change.

Ahh thats a shame, since i personally think Cid, Cloud and Vincent need an overhaul on their innates.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: 2016-06-29 20:52:17 »
I've seen very different innates for several characters, is there an up to date list of all the innates anywhere?

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: 2016-06-29 21:25:27 »
I've seen very different innates for several characters, is there an up to date list of all the innates anywhere?

Yeah, i agree that most are different, but these three chars in particular (Cloud,Cid and Vincent) either A) don't provide variety/or pigeonholds them into certain categories (Vincents mana reg more or less forces him to be a caster).B) Doesn't add any real benefit when looking at the Rank up stat options combined with the gear chars have (Cid getting Auto-crits when he has ton of luck from rank up and from weapons) or C) not being original/fitting to that char (Cloud being more or less Red XIII without the ramp up).

I do think that the kernel might have limitations and that Sega has more important things to fix/add when it comes to NT. But having the idea that they might need rework if its possible kernel- and time wise, then why not make the best possible outcome of this mod. Just my two cents.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: 2016-06-29 22:06:48 »
In fact I've allready get myself ready and use holy attacks on him, the fact is...in his 3rd form, I just can't deal any damage on him with usual magics even with his absolute physic guard, I always get a "miss" or 0, so He stays forever invincible and gently rape my team  :-D

The guard should be aspected to either physical or magic damage; if he blocks magic hits, then swap to physical attacks until he changes it again.

The current innates are:

Cloud: Gains a strength or magic boost of +25 whenever an action of the same type is performed by the party (if someone attacks, he gains the strength boost, if someone uses summon he gains Magic, etc.) Only activates after he's been recruited again from Mideel.

Barret: Gains defensive stacks when hit by damage in the back-row, gains attack stats when hit in the front row. Stacks of both types can't be held together and gaining a stack of one type resets the other.

Tifa: Once per battle, will recover from a KO with 1HP automatically with Limit, statuses, ATB, etc. intact.

Aeris: When using Defend, she absorbs most elemental damage in addition to the usual 50% physical damage reduction

Red XIII: Slowly gains Strength and Magic as the battle progresses.

Yuffie: Gains a boost to physical/magical evasion when hit by an attack/effect of the corresponding type.

Cait Sith: Will periodically gain HP equal to half of his current MP.

Vincent: Passively regenerates MP.

Cid: When hit by damage, he'll gain Barrier if in the front row or MBarrier if in the back row.

Yeah, i agree that most are different, but these three chars in particular (Cloud,Cid and Vincent) either A) don't provide variety/or pigeonholds them into certain categories (Vincents mana reg more or less forces him to be a caster).B) Doesn't add any real benefit when looking at the Rank up stat options combined with the gear chars have (Cid getting Auto-crits when he has ton of luck from rank up and from weapons) or C) not being original/fitting to that char (Cloud being more or less Red XIII without the ramp up).

I do think that the kernel might have limitations and that Sega has more important things to fix/add when it comes to NT. But having the idea that they might need rework if its possible kernel- and time wise, then why not make the best possible outcome of this mod. Just my two cents.

I could swap Cait Sith's innate onto Vincent which would combo well with his Limit forms that don't use MP; that'd let me think of something for Cait Sith instead of Vincent. That or I could maybe enhance Vince's Limit forms by adding automatic buffs that get refreshed while he's running through his AI in them though that'd mean having to use those forms to get any benefits.

The root of the problem is that I'm flat out of ideas for what Cloud or Cid could have as innates, and limited by the space. I could maybe load something onto the enemy scripts instead, maybe a 'mark for death' effect when attacked by a specific character that lowers their defensive stats a little though enemies that change their defence (like Guard Scorpion) would be problematic. Cid needs something attack-based I think, while for Cloud I'd veer more toward a party-buff or something.

renzai

• View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: 2016-06-29 22:31:19 »
Suggestions below for innates just to get the brain juices flowing, but I have no idea what is feasible or not, no modding experience.

1: Faster charging limit? IE if sad then limit charges as normal, if normal, it charges like you had fury

2: Charging limit gauge based on another character using a limit

3: Charging limit based on party members taking damage also

4: Mechanic to alternate between physical and magical attacks, such as after a physical attack, next spell cast consumes 50% less mana, and after a spellcast, next physical has luck increased by 50%

5: Critical hits always leech (hp or mp)

6: Automatic character postioning in correct row, IE if casting a magic spell, automatically move to back row.  If attacking with physical, character is automatically moved to front row

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: 2016-06-29 22:46:35 »
I'm just curious SC, I know the dual status effect can be afflicted on party members, but can it be applied to enemies as well? I only ask cause what if Cloud had some innate ability to where like, whenever he's put into 'critical' state/yellow HP, he has a chance to inflict the dual status on enemies? Almost like he's causing bleeding damage that you might see in other RPG games?
I know that's not really a party buff per say, but Cloud's like a wannabe SOLDIER, so it would seem fitting I think. Of course, obviously this would negate from bosses cause then that would just be too easy, lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: 2016-06-29 23:31:50 »
Suggestions below for innates just to get the brain juices flowing, but I have no idea what is feasible or not, no modding experience.

1: Faster charging limit? IE if sad then limit charges as normal, if normal, it charges like you had fury

2: Charging limit gauge based on another character using a limit

3: Charging limit based on party members taking damage also

4: Mechanic to alternate between physical and magical attacks, such as after a physical attack, next spell cast consumes 50% less mana, and after a spellcast, next physical has luck increased by 50%

5: Critical hits always leech (hp or mp)

6: Automatic character postioning in correct row, IE if casting a magic spell, automatically move to back row.  If attacking with physical, character is automatically moved to front row

I'm just curious SC, I know the dual status effect can be afflicted on party members, but can it be applied to enemies as well? I only ask cause what if Cloud had some innate ability to where like, whenever he's put into 'critical' state/yellow HP, he has a chance to inflict the dual status on enemies? Almost like he's causing bleeding damage that you might see in other RPG games?
I know that's not really a party buff per say, but Cloud's like a wannabe SOLDIER, so it would seem fitting I think. off course, obviously this would negate from bosses cause then that would just be too easy, lol.

Some ideas came to mind:

Cloud
-) Once per battle, using the Defend command gives the Peerless status (so it'd be a temporary invincibility to be used tactically). If not Peerless, then some other temporary buff, maybe even affects the entire party.

Cid
-) When attacked in front row (or back row, or while Defending maybe), character counters with/has a chance to counter with Deathblow. Having it on a trigger like Row or Defend means that it can be 'disabled' for Morphing/Stealing.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: 2016-06-29 23:52:06 »
Some ideas came to mind:

Cloud
-) Once per battle, using the Defend command gives the Peerless status (so it'd be a temporary invincibility to be used tactically). If not Peerless, then some other temporary buff, maybe even affects the entire party.

Cid
-) When attacked in front row (or back row, or while Defending maybe), character counters with/has a chance to counter with Deathblow. Having it on a trigger like Row or Defend means that it can be 'disabled' for Morphing/Stealing.

Hmm, Cid's innate sounds pretty cool. I'm just curious though, for Cloud's wouldn't it be a bit redundant once your party get's a hold of the magitek ashes item you implemented in the game? I just see not many people using the defend command with Cloud once they obtain the more sweeter end-game items, lol.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: 2016-06-30 00:05:32 »
Don't forget about me in the sea of posts XD

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: 2016-06-30 00:32:22 »
Hmm, Cid's innate sounds pretty cool. I'm just curious though, for Cloud's wouldn't it be a bit redundant once your party get's a hold of the magitek ashes item you implemented in the game? I just see not many people using the defend command with Cloud once they obtain the more sweeter end-game items, lol.

Ashes (and Gospel Sparks) were supposed to be a very late-game and a limited use item outside of W-Item duping; I think Ash can only be acquired from the super boss Binah (renamed to Netzerachiah because the dudes making FF14 decided to name their small-ass Sephirot adds 'binahs' :l ). But Sparks can be farmed, I think.

I see what you're saying; maybe if it was something unique then that applied to the party. But the obstacle to navigate with that is not interrupting characters with their own stat gains (Barret's would be reset back to his original strength, for instance, when gaining defence stacks).

Don't forget about me in the sea of posts XD

I sent a PM about a possible flevel fix; and the innate list currently in 1.4 was posted earlier:

The current innates are:

Cloud: Gains a strength or magic boost of +25 whenever an action of the same type is performed by the party (if someone attacks, he gains the strength boost, if someone uses summon he gains Magic, etc.) Only activates after he's been recruited again from Mideel.

Barret: Gains defensive stacks when hit by damage in the back-row, gains attack stats when hit in the front row. Stacks of both types can't be held together and gaining a stack of one type resets the other.

Tifa: Once per battle, will recover from a KO with 1HP automatically with Limit, statuses, ATB, etc. intact.

Aeris: When using Defend, she absorbs most elemental damage in addition to the usual 50% physical damage reduction

Red XIII: Slowly gains Strength and Magic as the battle progresses.

Yuffie: Gains a boost to physical/magical evasion when hit by an attack/effect of the corresponding type.

Cait Sith: Will periodically gain HP equal to half of his current MP.

Vincent: Passively regenerates MP.

Cid: When hit by damage, he'll gain Barrier if in the front row or MBarrier if in the back row.