Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837989 times)

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5550 on: 2017-07-03 18:54:53 »
Is there a recommended party or something? I've just gotten to Ft. Condor and still feel very weak. Also, where is your current sp shown?
If you 'activated' the 'weird save point' in the Junon Mythril Mines (which gives you access to the merchant who 'sells' Sources), then you can look at your SP scores for your party using damn near any other Save Point after that (you walk up to a save point, and it gives you various options depending on what button you push at that point). :|

slothica

• View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: 2017-07-04 21:48:19 »
Okay, so I finally managed to beat Zack after many, MANY failed attempts, which was the last level 4 limit quest I needed to do. There's a problem though. I didn't get Omnislash.

I watched the video of the 1.4 fight on youtube, and found that the whole event plays out differently than it did in my game. In the video, it shows Cloud and Zack talking before they fight and all that jazz. I my game, the scene starts off with Zack getting shot before Cloud crawls over to his body and picks up the Buster Sword. As soon as he does, the fight initiates. When you win, these rest of the scene plays out, and you're back in the mansion basement with no Omnislash.

The readme's just say to go to the basement. As far as I know, I did everything right.

Did something go wrong? Everything else in the mod seems to be working fine. I saved on an extra slot just in case.

Also I don't know if this is a bug, but Ruby weapon is just not appearing on the overworld.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-04 21:55:04 by slothica »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: 2017-07-04 22:41:43 »
Hey Slothica

go to your airship and talk to 1 of the guys on the airship to get Omnislash

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: 2017-07-04 23:40:12 »
Hey Slothica

go to your airship and talk to 1 of the guys on the airship to get Omnislash
Yeah, the guy in the black cloak. He was partially put there to deal with problems like that, giving the player things if the game screwed up anywhere and didn't give them the rewards they were supposed to get.

Anyways, was looking through my materia when I noticed that the "Bahamut" materia is the only one where the "summon" description (Shout summon) is in lower case. All the other ones have "Summon" capitalized. Not a problem per-se, but figured I should point that out nonetheless. :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: 2017-07-05 02:49:27 »
It's the NPC that's close to the black-cloak merchant, the one wandering around doing squats (just outside the Highwind's chocobo pen).

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: 2017-07-05 03:03:05 »
It's the NPC that's close to the black-cloak merchant, the one wandering around doing squats (just outside the Highwind's chocobo pen).
Huh, I stand corrected.

And now my memory is playing tricks on me it seems. >_<

Out of curiousity Sega, you willing to give us a general update on things going on at the moment with the updates for the mod?

EDIT; Also, I started a new game and encountered a problem in the No. 5 Reactor area. The place where you plant the bomb? The Save Point allows you to turn battles off there, and if you turn battles off the game will crash once the forced battle starts. So you may need to tweak that save point due to that.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-05 03:47:48 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: 2017-07-05 16:48:24 »
Huh, I stand corrected.

And now my memory is playing tricks on me it seems. >_<

Out of curiousity Sega, you willing to give us a general update on things going on at the moment with the updates for the mod?

Jenova Synthesis is done; the AI rewrite went well and the only attacks dependent on the arms are now Absorb and Slap. Bizarro is the last big challenge as far as AI goes, as Safer is much more straightforward. I'm considering dropping the forced 3-party fight for normal mode and instead having a 1-2 party fight, with the 3 being used in Arrange. This is due to the potential length of the fight, logistics, etc.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: 2017-07-05 22:33:18 »
Jenova Synthesis is done; the AI rewrite went well and the only attacks dependent on the arms are now Absorb and Slap. Bizarro is the last big challenge as far as AI goes, as Safer is much more straightforward. I'm considering dropping the forced 3-party fight for normal mode and instead having a 1-2 party fight, with the 3 being used in Arrange. This is due to the potential length of the fight, logistics, etc.
Interesting. Thank you for that update. ;D

Anyways, new game, and found something I had to report. Was doing the Wall Market crossdressing bit. The two guys near the gym/junkshop are talking about Sector 7 having fallen and the junkpile having gotten bigger due to that, even though that hasn't actually happened yet.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: 2017-07-07 11:30:10 »
Bizarro is the last big challenge as far as AI goes, as Safer is much more straightforward. I'm considering dropping the forced 3-party fight for normal mode and instead having a 1-2 party fight, with the 3 being used in Arrange. This is due to the potential length of the fight, logistics, etc.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you REALLY want to make life easier you could force non-arranged to be a 1 party fight regardless of however that's determined(I forget!), and make Arranged a 2 or 3 team.

In regards to Safer, I don't know if he was ever worked on at all in 1.4 after I fought him, but when I did, he was VERY easy. He didn't put up much of a fight at all. If he hasn't been touched any I would take another look at him. I get the idea of not wanting to have three tough fights back-to-back-to-back and I'm not even sure if the third fight is still in there or moved to Arranged or whatever, but Safer felt out of place sandwiched between the two tough ones.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: 2017-07-07 13:45:33 »
Sounds like a good idea to me. If you REALLY want to make life easier you could force non-arranged to be a 1 party fight regardless of however that's determined(I forget!), and make Arranged a 2 or 3 team.

In regards to Safer, I don't know if he was ever worked on at all in 1.4 after I fought him, but when I did, he was VERY easy. He didn't put up much of a fight at all. If he hasn't been touched any I would take another look at him. I get the idea of not wanting to have three tough fights back-to-back-to-back and I'm not even sure if the third fight is still in there or moved to Arranged or whatever, but Safer felt out of place sandwiched between the two tough ones.

That's actually the route I went with; 1 party fight for normal, 3 party for arrange. There's a save point going between Biz and Safer with a chance to reorganise party which'll let me scale Safer a bit more.

TrainWreck

• View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: 2017-07-08 21:55:10 »
Hi there!  I just started playing NT and I'm at the Temple of the Ancients.  I have to say, I love this mod!  Super fun, lots of interesting choices and options for character development and equipment, and cool materia changes.  I like how the text was altered at various points (from what I remember) for clarity, such as in Rocket Town with Shera, the recap in Ghost Square, and others.  Great work!

All that being said, my characters seem a little OP.  At first I was challenged, but now they are clobbering enemies for 1000's of damage.  1 thing is the SP system.  I love how it works, but there are a couple comments and questions I have about it:

1.  I like to fiddle around with different materia builds and character groupings, as this is my first run with NT mod, but doing so over levels my characters and gains them a ton of SP.  I know I can choose NOT to spend the SP, but I have an impulse to do it anyway and now Cloud is rank 6 :(.  It makes it somewhat inconsequential what my builds are when most of my characters are super strong. 

2.  I have read a lot of comments that characters are super strong, but characters level quickly and overpower enemies starting in disc 1.  Again I am only on D1 so I don't know how it looks later.  Is there a way to throttle how quickly they rank up, such as putting a rank cap and/or level cap and/or AP cap on materia at certain plot points?  Like, Rank 2 and level 21 max until Junon, rank 3 max and level 31 max until Cosmo Canyon, etc.  I got Cid when Cloud was rank 5, and Cid is just too weak unless I power level him, but then that also levels Cloud...  Anyway, I realize I can impose these restrictions on myself, but the temptation for power is overwhelming (and Mr. Smile is is quite convincing).

3.  Is there a way to show the rank of each character when viewing the current SP values?  This would just be a convenient feature.  Or, if it could be visible on the menu screen next to the character level or something.

4.  What if only 1 SP so was necessary to rank up, but then all characters gained 1 SP at various plot points and not through random encounters and such?  Like, at Junon, each character will gain 1 SP to rank up to level 2.  At cosmo canyon, they get another SP to rank up 3.  The player can spend these at their leisure at Mr. Smile, and when we get characters later in the game, those new characters have a bank of SP already accumulated to rank up to where the other characters are instead of needing to farm them.  I think all the infrastructure you have already set up with the SP system would accommodate this nicely if you wanted to test it out. 

5.   Also, Battle square currently allows SP gain without gaining EXP.  Was this intentional?  1 successful run is netting me 30+ SP, so farming BP is gaining some characters a whole rank.

That's all I have for now.  I'm sorry if these comments and questions have already been suggested or answered (or if they are impossible or just plain bad ideas), but there were 200+ pages of thread to sift through.  I want to say again that I love this mod and thank you so much for all your work!  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 2017-07-08 23:13:47 by TrainWreck »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: 2017-07-09 00:44:05 »
Hi there!  I just started playing NT and I'm at the Temple of the Ancients.  I have to say, I love this mod!  Super fun, lots of interesting choices and options for character development and equipment, and cool materia changes.  I like how the text was altered at various points (from what I remember) for clarity, such as in Rocket Town with Shera, the recap in Ghost Square, and others.  Great work!

All that being said, my characters seem a little OP.  At first I was challenged, but now they are clobbering enemies for 1000's of damage.  1 thing is the SP system.  I love how it works, but there are a couple comments and questions I have about it:

1.  I like to fiddle around with different materia builds and character groupings, as this is my first run with NT mod, but doing so over levels my characters and gains them a ton of SP.  I know I can choose NOT to spend the SP, but I have an impulse to do it anyway and now Cloud is rank 6 :(.  It makes it somewhat inconsequential what my builds are when most of my characters are super strong. 

2.  I have read a lot of comments that characters are super strong, but characters level quickly and overpower enemies starting in disc 1.  Again I am only on D1 so I don't know how it looks later.  Is there a way to throttle how quickly they rank up, such as putting a rank cap and/or level cap and/or AP cap on materia at certain plot points?  Like, Rank 2 and level 21 max until Junon, rank 3 max and level 31 max until Cosmo Canyon, etc.  I got Cid when Cloud was rank 5, and Cid is just too weak unless I power level him, but then that also levels Cloud...  Anyway, I realize I can impose these restrictions on myself, but the temptation for power is overwhelming (and Mr. Smile is is quite convincing).

3.  Is there a way to show the rank of each character when viewing the current SP values?  This would just be a convenient feature.  Or, if it could be visible on the menu screen next to the character level or something.

4.  What if only 1 SP so was necessary to rank up, but then all characters gained 1 SP at various plot points and not through random encounters and such?  Like, at Junon, each character will gain 1 SP to rank up to level 2.  At cosmo canyon, they get another SP to rank up 3.  The player can spend these at their leisure at Mr. Smile, and when we get characters later in the game, those new characters have a bank of SP already accumulated to rank up to where the other characters are instead of needing to farm them.  I think all the infrastructure you have already set up with the SP system would accommodate this nicely if you wanted to test it out. 

5.   Also, Battle square currently allows SP gain without gaining EXP.  Was this intentional?  1 successful run is netting me 30+ SP, so farming BP is gaining some characters a whole rank.

That's all I have for now.  I'm sorry if these comments and questions have already been suggested or answered (or if they are impossible or just plain bad ideas), but there were 200+ pages of thread to sift through.  I want to say again that I love this mod and thank you so much for all your work!  Thanks again!
The SP gauge was a combination of the 'dating pool' combined with another factor and applied to ALL the characters. You have a limit of 255 SP, so it's best to use it when you get it. That said, I too have noticed (and commented on previously) that SP is given out far too freely in the first disk.

As for the Battle Square giving out SP, it's likely due to the 'Boss' fights at the end of them, as most Bosses are now set up to give players SP for defeating those bosses and all that, and the 'triggers' for that are likely still in-play even after the boss has been defeated normally. :shrugs:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: 2017-07-09 14:02:27 »

I've been working on the SP system; I've set it up so that characters joining later will have some ranks 'free' to catch them up. I'll need to do something to Battle Square as it gives its own bonus + the raised SP from enemies/boss fought.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: 2017-07-12 08:20:12 »
Hey guys,

I've been trying to run through the game without using the SP system - was going pretty well until I came up against
Spoiler: show
Tseng
in Rocket Town. The fight is not difficult, exactly, but I just cannot hit the fucker. Yuffie, who has had no problems landing Deathblows on basically any enemy up to this point suddenly can't even hit a regular attack. Cid is pretty reliable but only manages around 200 damage. I get that Bio and Demi should be auto misses to avoid making it too easy, but my other spells barely reach 700 damage. Limit breaks are my only hope of breaking 2000 damage, but even they're missing half the time. Tried for about an hour until I used up all my restorative items and had to turn it off.

So is it that I'm missing something fairly essential about the way Luck/Att%/Dodge interact? Or is the mod designed in such a way that beyond a certain point, enemies will become virtually unhittable by non-upgraded characters? Kind of surprised about the swiftness of the curve.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: 2017-07-12 13:37:35 »
Hey guys,

I've been trying to run through the game without using the SP system - was going pretty well until I came up against
Spoiler: show
Tseng
in Rocket Town. The fight is not difficult, exactly, but I just cannot hit the ferner. Yuffie, who has had no problems landing Deathblows on basically any enemy up to this point suddenly can't even hit a regular attack. Cid is pretty reliable but only manages around 200 damage. I get that Bio and Demi should be auto misses to avoid making it too easy, but my other spells barely reach 700 damage. Limit breaks are my only hope of breaking 2000 damage, but even they're missing half the time. Tried for about an hour until I used up all my restorative items and had to turn it off.

So is it that I'm missing something fairly essential about the way Luck/Att%/Dodge interact? Or is the mod designed in such a way that beyond a certain point, enemies will become virtually unhittable by non-upgraded characters? Kind of surprised about the swiftness of the curve.

Have you used the scene hotfix patch or is it the 7H version you're playing? Tseng had a issue a while ago where his evasion was being set to max permanently instead of temporarily.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: 2017-07-12 16:18:48 »
Ah, that could be it - actually I think it's possible I'm still on 1.3 as I started the game a good long while ago. Was worried that updating might make the save file unusable, which is why I'm trying to finish my playthrough before 1.5 comes out and I can make a fresh start.

McCartyIII

• View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: 2017-07-12 20:42:59 »
I have finished the mod, but each time I try and do the Platinum Match, I will start with all three characters (Cloud, Barret, and Yuffie) using their limits, they will not go off, and all four (Nemesis included) will just sit there, am I doing something wrong?

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: 2017-07-12 21:18:00 »
I have finished the mod, but each time I try and do the Platinum Match, I will start with all three characters (Cloud, Barret, and Yuffie) using their limits, they will not go off, and all four (Nemesis included) will just sit there, am I doing something wrong?
Are you using the main installer or the 7H version? What else can you tell us about your game?

Those details tell us what we need to tell you in order to fix things.

McCartyIII

• View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: 2017-07-13 00:01:28 »
Are you using the main installer or the 7H version? What else can you tell us about your game?

Those details tell us what we need to tell you in order to fix things.

I couldnt tell you which one I am using, this is the first mod I am doing, I considered myself lucky I havent messed anything this far

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: 2017-07-13 00:44:41 »

I couldnt tell you which one I am using, this is the first mod I am doing, I considered myself lucky I havent messed anything this far
Alright, let me ask this again. Did you download the executive file in the first page and install it? Or are you using another program called Seventh Heaven (7H) to apply the mod? And is your version of the game from Steam, or the older CD's, or what?

We need an answer with actual details, because the answer(s) you give us changes what we tell you to do to fix that problem.

McCartyIII

• View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: 2017-07-13 02:26:29 »
Alright, let me ask this again. Did you download the executive file in the first page and install it? Or are you using another program called Seventh Heaven (7H) to apply the mod? And is your version of the game from Steam, or the older CD's, or what?

We need an answer with actual details, because the answer(s) you give us changes what we tell you to do to fix that problem.

Steam for sure, and 7H, sorry about that

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: 2017-07-13 02:42:12 »

That's a soft-lock caused by the enemy not having an animation set for their attack. Download and apply the scene hotfix patch (same install process as the main installer) and it should fix the fight; let me know if this doesn't fix the issue and I'll sort it out.

McCartyIII

• View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: 2017-07-13 03:26:29 »
That's a soft-lock caused by the enemy not having an animation set for their attack. Download and apply the scene hotfix patch (same install process as the main installer) and it should fix the fight; let me know if this doesn't fix the issue and I'll sort it out.

Ok, I have downloaded both hotfix files, but how do I get them to work

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: 2017-07-13 05:09:04 »
Ah, that could be it - actually I think it's possible I'm still on 1.3 as I started the game a good long while ago. Was worried that updating might make the save file unusable, which is why I'm trying to finish my playthrough before 1.5 comes out and I can make a fresh start.

Yeah, fresh install has fixed it, thanks. Onto Pearl Weapon  :-\

By the way, if I fail to stop the train in Corel, is there any other way to get Comet, or have I missed it for this playthrough?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: 2017-07-13 13:47:58 »
Ok, I have downloaded both hotfix files, but how do I get them to work

Extract them using 7z or WinRAR, then run the executable inside. Specify the Data folder inside the FF7 folder and they should patch the files.

Yeah, fresh install has fixed it, thanks. Onto Pearl Weapon  :-\

By the way, if I fail to stop the train in Corel, is there any other way to get Comet, or have I missed it for this playthrough?

Comet can be obtained in Junon, if you head for where the Cargo Ship used to be docked then it should be there.