Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839221 times)

MoCheese

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5600 on: 2017-07-24 14:25:41 »
I think it's definitely time to start working to a release date. I'm getting the materials prepared to go with the mod, and scouting for a new patcher that won't break on newer OS; but let's go with next Saturday.

I've been wanting to start Dragon's Dogma for quite a while now but I've been putting it on hold waiting for this. Seems like it was the right decision, although a long and torturous one at times ... Excited to see the release date getting close!

Dongs McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: 2017-07-24 23:32:16 »
Hi Sega Chief, I started playing recently and I just ran into a weird bug.  Upon loading my file, all the "face button" equivalents--confirm, cancel, menu, and switch--wouldn't work.  I could still move around, though.  I fixed it by walking to a save point and getting the extended save point dialogue, so it might be related to opening the menu and saving while the help text is being displayed.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
Re: Releasing a Mod
« Reply #5602 on: 2017-07-25 05:59:42 »
Hi folks, I tried to release a gameplay mod on the releases thread a few days ago but it's been locked to wait for moderator approval (damn you, due process). So figured I'd try and drum up some early interest in the meantime. Got a full(ish) list of what the mod does and it's features in this manual here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzbq6cqq2c27ard/FF7+NT+Manual.doc

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

BTW, the reason I'm looking for this is that I was told there's a readme telling you where things were moved to in the Mod, and I can't seem to find where 7th Heaven would put that.

EDIT: I also encountered a bug just now. Don't know if it's from Vanilla or New Threat, but when I attack an enemy with Hades+Added Effect (they get Frogged, put to Sleep, and Confused so I'm not sure yet which effect is causing this), the game soft-locks and it seems to just sit on the enemy turn without anything happening.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-25 06:45:39 by ManInBlack »

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: 2017-07-25 19:20:05 »
can't wait to see what's new in the update lol....though im almost done with the other one lol. just some grinding materia and the final push left. admittedly i am somewhat disappointed with what was once ruby and emerald weapon. i kinda.....broke them. badly. lol. i did somehow miraculously crush round island's materia boss before taking them on, thinking that they would be the ultimate challenge lol. so little health on those guys. i still get chills from seeing emerald underwater though. barret is so insanely tough at this point. even nemesis and round island dude can't break him down well enough. he's got deity-level toughness lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: 2017-07-25 23:40:36 »
Hi Sega Chief, I started playing recently and I just ran into a weird bug.  Upon loading my file, all the "face button" equivalents--confirm, cancel, menu, and switch--wouldn't work.  I could still move around, though.  I fixed it by walking to a save point and getting the extended save point dialogue, so it might be related to opening the menu and saving while the help text is being displayed.

Which save point was this problem encountered on?

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

BTW, the reason I'm looking for this is that I was told there's a readme telling you where things were moved to in the Mod, and I can't seem to find where 7th Heaven would put that.

EDIT: I also encountered a bug just now. Don't know if it's from Vanilla or New Threat, but when I attack an enemy with Hades+Added Effect (they get Frogged, put to Sleep, and Confused so I'm not sure yet which effect is causing this), the game soft-locks and it seems to just sit on the enemy turn without anything happening.

That file is from when the mod first launched, so not surprised it's gone now; there's documentation in the main installer folders. Some isn't 100% accurate as 1.4 has had changes made to it over time but it should help a bit.

Certain enemies seem to cause a soft-lock when Frog is inflicted. The cause was found, but I can't remember what it was. Which enemies did you encounter this problem with?

can't wait to see what's new in the update lol....though im almost done with the other one lol. just some grinding materia and the final push left. admittedly i am somewhat disappointed with what was once ruby and emerald weapon. i kinda.....broke them. badly. lol. i did somehow miraculously crush round island's materia boss before taking them on, thinking that they would be the ultimate challenge lol. so little health on those guys. i still get chills from seeing emerald underwater though. barret is so insanely tough at this point. even nemesis and round island dude can't break him down well enough. he's got deity-level toughness lol.

I've overhauled Ruby and Emerald completely for 1.5; AI was rewritten, attacks, etc. and I've set them up as the game's super-bosses again so hopefully they should pose more challenge.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: 2017-07-26 05:12:35 »
Certain enemies seem to cause a soft-lock when Frog is inflicted. The cause was found, but I can't remember what it was
---------
My 60fps mod can do it too. It should be fixed with latest Reunion. But I can't recall.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: 2017-07-26 07:22:27 »
Which save point was this problem encountered on?

That file is from when the mod first launched, so not surprised it's gone now; there's documentation in the main installer folders. Some isn't 100% accurate as 1.4 has had changes made to it over time but it should help a bit.
This may just me being an idiot. I've gone into my 7th Heaven folder and haven't found any folders or anything I can connect back to New Threat.

Certain enemies seem to cause a soft-lock when Frog is inflicted. The cause was found, but I can't remember what it was. Which enemies did you encounter this problem with?
That makes sense, since Vincent had inflicted the same statuses with his Limit Breaks on other enemies with no ill effect. The enemies in question were the grunts you fight right before boarding Shinra No. 26 to get the Huge Materia.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: 2017-07-26 12:56:46 »
My 60fps mod can do it too. It should be fixed with latest Reunion. But I can't recall.

So it's maybe a general game thing.

That makes sense, since Vincent had inflicted the same statuses with his Limit Breaks on other enemies with no ill effect. The enemies in question were the grunts you fight right before boarding Shinra No. 26 to get the Huge Materia.

I'll check them out; were any other mods running with NT at the time?

This may just me being an idiot. I've gone into my 7th Heaven folder and haven't found any folders or anything I can connect back to New Threat.

It's in this one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eqmhg2oyfm8iica/NT+1.4+Build+-+6th+January+2017.zip

There should be multiple folders inside, one of which is called Documentation; the other link is just for the IRO on its own to save people bandwith.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: 2017-07-26 14:52:07 »
Just Before 1.4 hit I was doing a playthrough of gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod so I decided to give it a rest ( I was pretty burned out after 60+ hours of plays).
You are telling me I HAVE (yeah have) to wait for 1.5 now. Oh god the torture. I cannot wait to try out the latest version, you are doing gods work.

Is the show still on for saturday ? please please please :)

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: 2017-07-26 21:02:09 »
Hello, I tried this mod and I have only one word to say, AWESOME.
But I wonder why I still don't have at CD3 HP Plus and why I got 2 Apocalypse (Cloud's Weapon) in the Ancient Forest ? :)
Anyway, really good job, I'm waiting for 1.5 !

Tombery

• View Profile
« Reply #5610 on: 2017-07-27 09:06:02 »
Hello, I tried this mod and I have only one word to say, AWESOME.
But I wonder why I still don't have at CD3 HP Plus and why I got 2 Apocalypse (Cloud's Weapon) in the Ancient Forest ? :)
Anyway, really good job, I'm waiting for 1.5 !

HP Plus was removed for better balancing as far as I know.
The second apocalypse looks like a bug.

Waiting for 1.5 too....

Hypetrain is arriving ;)

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: 2017-07-27 10:10:20 »
HP Plus was removed for better balancing as far as I know.
The second apocalypse looks like a bug.

Waiting for 1.5 too....

Hypetrain is arriving ;)
HP Plus is around and claimable, you just have to work for it at the end of the game in the North Crater. :shrugs:

The Speed, Magic, and Luck Plus materias though are found in the Dark Cave sidequests.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-27 11:53:44 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: 2017-07-27 13:46:51 »
Just Before 1.4 hit I was doing a playthrough of gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod so I decided to give it a rest ( I was pretty burned out after 60+ hours of plays).
You are telling me I HAVE (yeah have) to wait for 1.5 now. Oh god the torture. I cannot wait to try out the latest version, you are doing gods work.

Is the show still on for saturday ? please please please :)

Yeah, going to release on Saturday. I'm just making tweaks and arranging some of the model files to sort out compatibility with other mods.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: 2017-07-27 16:45:58 »
Do you recommend any other mods to go with yours?

The only one I was really interested in was the translation mod "beecause ?" but I read some things about it not being compatibly.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: 2017-07-27 22:14:32 »
I don't really use other mods, but I do highly recommend a tool called Ochu: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14194.0

The biggest feature of this tool is that it can adjust the frame-rate of the game; you may see (especially with graphical mods installed) a lot of slow-down even on decent PCs due to the way in which the port's framelimiter works. Ochu can get around this, setting a nice and smooth framerate or speeding up the game if you're doing some farming, etc. It also has other features like identifying the HP of current enemies. The quick-save function may cause problems though so use that sparingly, if at all; it's not like an emulator quicksave but rather it loads the field again which can break certain scenes.

feathy

• View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: 2017-07-28 00:59:54 »
Hello, i have been following this mod's development for quite a while (mostly on insane difficulty but it seems this place is much more active) and I wanted to ask a question before things get busy on the big 1.5 release.

I am new to ff7 pc modding and when 1.5 is released I would like to play this mod with some of the better graphics mods out there.

I know there are lots of different mod loaders and stuff. But I found this guide on steam that makes it very simple, just dragging and dropping some files into the data folder. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647585409 And it looks quite nice, especially the battle backgrounds.

Would it work to just install new threat on top of that? Or if not what would be the best method to get graphics mods working with this?

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: 2017-07-28 10:39:05 »
*hype intensifies*

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: 2017-07-28 17:17:58 »
Hello, i have been following this mod's development for quite a while (mostly on insane difficulty but it seems this place is much more active) and I wanted to ask a question before things get busy on the big 1.5 release.

I am new to ff7 pc modding and when 1.5 is released I would like to play this mod with some of the better graphics mods out there.

I know there are lots of different mod loaders and stuff. But I found this guide on steam that makes it very simple, just dragging and dropping some files into the data folder. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647585409 And it looks quite nice, especially the battle backgrounds.

Would it work to just install new threat on top of that? Or if not what would be the best method to get graphics mods working with this?

Both mods will overwrite each other if it's done like that. The only way to do it without using the 7th Heaven mod loader is to get Luksy's ULPG tool and decompile the archives that store the model files.

So what you'd do is, you'd install NT and then take the battle.lgp (battle folder) and char.lgp (field folder) out of the game files and decompile them with ULGP: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12831.0

Then you'd take the battle.lgp and char.lgp from the advent/high quality graphic mods and decompile them as well. Copy-paste the decompiled files from them into the NT archives (this means only the character models and backgrounds get overwritten).

Then recompile the modified NT battle & char archives with ULGP again and place them back into the game folders. This way you don't lose NT-specific files like the new enemy models which would cause a crash when the game tries to load them and finds them missing.

If you're wanting to use the 7H mod loader though, then you can find that here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
This basically works like the mod manager for Fallout/Elder Scroll games, in that it combines mod files to ensure compatibility.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: 2017-07-29 15:31:58 »
so i loaded NT 1.4 and the menu overhaul at the same time in 7h and it seems to be working fine?

anybody used both that had problems?

hopefully 1.5 doesnt add any issues
« Last Edit: 2017-07-29 18:53:55 by selius »

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: 2017-07-29 17:10:14 »
I feel like a kid on Christmas. Waiting to open that sweet sweet present.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: 2017-07-29 22:51:46 »
Damn I guess it didn't come out tonight. Here is hoping for tomorrow. Got my snacks ready to go and theres still a day left in the weekend.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: 2017-07-29 22:58:32 »
I'm putting the files together just now; I was late getting in from work.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: 2017-07-29 23:01:39 »
You are a hero sega chief. That means I can start first thing in the morning.

I'll give you some feedback of my playthrough if any bugs arise :D

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: 2017-07-29 23:14:12 »
aaawwww yeeeahhh not getting any sleep tonight! woooooooo!

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: 2017-07-29 23:17:49 »
Haha, I was starting to think I was the only one waiting for this today :D