Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4882255 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5925 on: 2017-08-09 04:25:54 »
@Sega Chief
Bullmotor + Death Claw team

Cheers, saves me hunting it down.

I ran into the Deathclaws in the seventh round as well, early on in the game.

Have not seen Red's innate message and while I do believe I have seen some gains in his magic stats in a few fights I can't confirm anything 100% beyond all reasonable doubt which I remember seeing in terms of numbers over the course of a longer battle.

Red doesn't have a message; it was removed at some point for space.

Hm.... Rude + Reno fight in the Gelnika, didn't receive damage from the poison, and the death counter didn't kill my chars, the spell cast to start the battle? Rendered this fight somewhat of a joke although I am probably over leveled which didn't hurt.

Edit: can confirm this, fought the fight a second time

Also in the Gelnika, Unknown (1) has an attack, unknown Ray B or something, hits all with a blue laser - doesn't seem to have any effects or do any damage I have noticed.

Don't know what you mean with the Reno + Rude fight; could you rephrase it?

Type B Ray deals no damage, but it does lower defences to 0.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: 2017-08-09 12:42:36 »
The Rude and Reno in the fight in the Gelnika, one of them opens with an attack that hits the whole party - I think maybe its dual or drain, maybe not poison? and also all three of my chars received the '60' countdown above their head which when hit 0, death would show up and do his animation, swing his scythe, and none of my chars died. Maybe I am misunderstanding what that opening cast is but I thought for sure my party was going to get wiped and then none of them died when the counter hit 0 (either time as I fought the battle twice)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: 2017-08-09 14:09:48 »
The Rude and Reno in the fight in the Gelnika, one of them opens with an attack that hits the whole party - I think maybe its dual or drain, maybe not poison? and also all three of my chars received the '60' countdown above their head which when hit 0, death would show up and do his animation, swing his scythe, and none of my chars died. Maybe I am misunderstanding what that opening cast is but I thought for sure my party was going to get wiped and then none of them died when the counter hit 0 (either time as I fought the battle twice)

Ah, I see; I think it maybe inflicts Resist which would make the countdown moot. I'll have a look at it.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: 2017-08-09 15:54:38 »
I was looking through the documentation and didn't see any mention of E. Skill Dragon Force for 1.5 - I'm guess it was removed? And if so, are the lucky pill items the only away to generate the lucky girl (auto-crit) status?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: 2017-08-09 17:45:46 »
I was looking through the documentation and didn't see any mention of E. Skill Dragon Force for 1.5 - I'm guess it was removed? And if so, are the lucky pill items the only away to generate the lucky girl (auto-crit) status?

It was changed to Magnitude8, I think; an Earth skill.

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: 2017-08-09 18:28:32 »
Just wanted to check because it seems odd: in the Rufus fight at Shinra HQ, should Rufus' pet be impervious to damage and Rufus himself absorb poison damage?

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: 2017-08-09 19:24:36 »
Anyone know/have a list of where to acquire all the E. skills in the game?

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: 2017-08-09 21:28:38 »
Another bug I missed on my first runthough of the Temple. When Cait Sith is going to get the Black Materia one of his dialogue lines is a little messed up. The line: "'Be Strong', she says. It's not like my life is on the '.      "

I assume that's supposed to say "line" there but it's just a bunch of empty spaces and an apostrophe.

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: 2017-08-09 21:39:38 »

there's only one

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: 2017-08-09 21:49:13 »
Just wanted to check because it seems odd: in the Rufus fight at Shinra HQ, should Rufus' pet be impervious to damage and Rufus himself absorb poison damage?

Yes, that's how the fight is set up, on Arrange at least.

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: 2017-08-09 21:57:37 »
Yes, that's how the fight is set up, on Arrange at least.

Oh, I should have said I'm on Arrange. Okay, thank you

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: 2017-08-10 00:14:49 »
Hey i got a question about SP gaining.
How does it work exactly, i thought you would gain more SP for a certain character if you use her a lot in battles, but that doesnt seem to be the case...
For example i´ve been using RedXIII a lot and he only got 1 Rank Up, meanwhile Characters like Yuffie and Aerith, who i dont use too much(for now) already got 2 Rank Ups. Same goes for Cloud i´ve used Cloud everytime and he only got as much rank ups as a character that i barely use(2 Rank Ups). Can some1 explain how does this system works exactly

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: 2017-08-10 01:11:31 »

Yep; might revise it though as seems to be counter-intuitive and comes across as a glitch. It isn't smart of me to turn Rufus' one weakness into something he's immune to either as the player only has one character and may set up for Poison (with Elemental + the spell) which would make the fight difficult.

Yeah, I've decided; I'll re-do that fight (for Arrange).

It should be in the documentation folder of the Main Installer download. There's a Notepad tacitly called 'where is the thing'; please note that the wheres of the things may not be 100%.

Hey i got a question about SP gaining.
How does it work exactly, i thought you would gain more SP for a certain character if you use her a lot in battles, but that doesnt seem to be the case...
For example i´ve been using RedXIII a lot and he only got 1 Rank Up, meanwhile Characters like Yuffie and Aerith, who i dont use too much(for now) already got 2 Rank Ups. Same goes for Cloud i´ve used Cloud everytime and he only got as much rank ups as a character that i barely use(2 Rank Ups). Can some1 explain how does this system works exactly

I think it's because the Date values were used for the SP variables held by each character; the idea was that story events/dialogue choices would also increase SP if you favoured certain characters. What this means though is that Barret, Tifa, Aeris, and Yuffie can creep ahead of Cloud & Red XIII because they don't get these bonuses.

But I think to compensate, I added a one-off bonus for Red XIII when he clears Cosmo Canyon. And Cloud is always in the party so I didn't add any bonuses for him. I could correct this a bit more by making Red's first Rank free if need be.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: 2017-08-10 02:35:01 »
A buddy who's playing the mod just told me that Cloud's "Second Wind" can activate while he's dead! It fully heals him but it doesn't revive him.

That has to be a bug, no?

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: 2017-08-10 03:16:18 »
It should be in the documentation folder of the Main Installer download. There's a Notepad tacitly called 'where is the thing'; please note that the wheres of the things may not be 100%.
Heh, I would forget about that list, thanks though

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: 2017-08-10 07:51:53 »
A buddy who's playing the mod just told me that Cloud's "Second Wind" can activate while he's dead! It fully heals him but it doesn't revive him.

No it has happened to me once before, although I am not 100 percent sure if it is always like that. He did it in the fight against Jenova-Decay and was undead (also KO'ed) at the time. Not sure if the undead status did it or if it always happens like that.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: 2017-08-10 15:52:15 »

Yeah, I added a handler that checks his KO status; can't mind if it's in the current files yet or not.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: 2017-08-10 17:54:23 »
It seems Vincent´s passive is not working correctly? or maybe a text error.
When you get Vincent it says that his passive is MP regen, however im getting HP Regen instead...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: 2017-08-10 18:31:01 »
His innate was swapped with Cait's during 1.4; I'll check the in-game innate text in case it's wrong.

Another bug I missed on my first runthough of the Temple. When Cait Sith is going to get the Black Materia one of his dialogue lines is a little messed up. The line: "'Be Strong', she says. It's not like my life is on the '.      "

I assume that's supposed to say "line" there but it's just a bunch of empty spaces and an apostrophe.

Missed this one initially; it was indeed a run-on line due to the box not being resized. Fixed it up just there.

Going to be uploading the next set of patches once I've checked recent posts on this thread again.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-10 18:36:27 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: 2017-08-10 20:29:29 »
Patches + IRO up.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: 2017-08-10 21:14:08 »
Question I have a save from 1.4 that's right outside of Midgard on disk one. Is it alright to continue with the updated 1.5?

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: 2017-08-10 21:14:25 »
Buddy has a question which I will put in spoilers.

Spoiler: show
Are you supposed to get a Full Cure materia from the kid after you save Corel in Disc 2? After the whole train deal and the Huge Materia? Cause you can get Full Cure from Cosmo Canyon still.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-10 21:17:08 by MoCheese »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: 2017-08-10 21:27:20 »
Question I have a save from 1.4 that's right outside of Midgard on disk one. Is it alright to continue with the updated 1.5?

Yes.

Buddy has a question which I will put in spoilers.

Spoiler: show
Are you supposed to get a Full Cure materia from the kid after you save Corel in Disc 2? After the whole train deal and the Huge Materia? Cause you can get Full Cure from Cosmo Canyon still.

Technically yes, but it seems I've double-placed it. No harm done though, I suppose.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: 2017-08-11 02:53:14 »
Were the rank ups changed back to how they were in 1.4?

I'm seeing the old sets instead of the difference rank choice names (red mage, techno-freak, etc.).

Also all my characters have maxed out SP after updating, but I did also just beat all the materia cave bosses, so maybe they just gave me a ton of SP. I dunno, just wanted to see if this was a bug before I save over my main save file.

Either way, thanks for the update!

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: 2017-08-11 06:00:54 »
Were the rank ups changed back to how they were in 1.4?

I'm seeing the old sets instead of the difference rank choice names (red mage, techno-freak, etc.).

Also all my characters have maxed out SP after updating, but I did also just beat all the materia cave bosses, so maybe they just gave me a ton of SP. I dunno, just wanted to see if this was a bug before I save over my main save file.

Either way, thanks for the update!

I just ranked up for the first time in 1.5 Arrange and I definitely saw "techno-freak"

e: Has anyone found an Ark Dragon in the Mythril Mines? I'm trying to get Antipode and I've yet to find an enemy formation that includes this monster