Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836379 times)

OneK

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5950 on: 2017-08-11 06:19:25 »
I remember playing the 1.4 version of the mod with an additional mod to balance materia and limits;

What happened to that mod? felt great

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: 2017-08-11 06:23:55 »
Patches + IRO up.
I still can't seem to trigger Yuffie's L4 Limit Quest. I've tried Leviathan Cave as it says in the "New Threats" menu, Godo's house as I've seen on a Youtube video of an older version, and the pagoda just in case, and nothing seems to be any different in any of them.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: 2017-08-11 06:26:09 »
Does anyone know what to do during the Shake fight in Wutai's Pagoda? I am utterly baffled at what to do.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: 2017-08-11 06:33:41 »
Discovered a couple of battle square bugs/quirks (just before Temple of Ancients)

I started off with the compulsory Keystone fight and managed to get through it without issue. I then went after the championship belt, but realised halfway through that I was going to run out of restorative/anti-status items/GP, so decided to restart the game and just do the Keystone fight again. But the second time I did it, I got hugely screwed by the slots - after the first battle, all the slots were break magic materia. Then, after the second, it was break summon materia. And then, it was break weapon.  :o

So naturally I failed. But then when I tried again, everything was back to normal (i.e. every reel returned to having 3 different options). The only thing I did differently was to immediately accept the fight in the case where everything went wrong, so possibly that had something to do with it? Not sure what was intended for that fight.

Secondly, I've discovered that if you use Cross-slash at the start of the Dyne fight, it will break his script and he won't do any of his special attacks (Molotov shot, Heavy shot, Force Armour, Psycho Break, Desperado). I think it must be because it stuns him when he would ordinarily take a specific action, but you would have a better idea of what's actually going on.

Finally, think someone mentioned it already, but the Golems in the Temple of the Ancients are a little broken - selecting an option in their menu always triggers the option above it instead of the one you wanted.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: 2017-08-11 06:35:52 »
Does anyone know what to do during the Shake fight in Wutai's Pagoda? I am utterly baffled at what to do.

Ah, I did actually wonder if this was broken myself. Did you have about 20 different Shakes layered on top of each other? I'm pretty sure I used a limit break and it killed one, which ended the fight, but it was very peculiar.

Gave up at the fourth floor anyway, new pagoda fights are no joke... And Yuffie's dodge seems worse now (can anyone confirm?)

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5955 on: 2017-08-11 07:11:10 »
Gave up at the fourth floor anyway, new pagoda fights are no joke... And Yuffie's dodge seems worse now (can anyone confirm?)
Based on the in-battle messages, instead of gaining stacks, it seems to just be a singular bonus that turns on or off.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: 2017-08-11 13:54:39 »
I just ranked up for the first time in 1.5 Arrange and I definitely saw "techno-freak"

Ah, I'm not playing in Arrange, maybe that's why I'm see it? I reverted back to the old August 6th update to double check, and the rank names reverted back to the way they were and the same stats they were in the original release of 1.5. When I install the August 10th update they turn into "Set 1, Set 2, etc." and have the upgrade stats from 1.4.

I can also confirm that the save point on the highwind is maxxing out everyone's SP every time I use it.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 14:23:46 by ComradeDroog »

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: 2017-08-11 14:14:38 »
Thanks Sega Chief, the trigger for Aeris in the Highwind is working well .

The end of the Dark Cave is weird :
Spoiler: show
On the floor 69 of the shinra building, the unknown guy says "I'm out of time" and we fight 2 basic soldier then we're out.

Did i miss something ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: 2017-08-11 14:19:12 »
Were the rank ups changed back to how they were in 1.4?

I'm seeing the old sets instead of the difference rank choice names (red mage, techno-freak, etc.).

Also all my characters have maxed out SP after updating, but I did also just beat all the materia cave bosses, so maybe they just gave me a ton of SP. I dunno, just wanted to see if this was a bug before I save over my main save file.

Either way, thanks for the update!

Sounds worrying, if the Rank options don't have names then that's a 1.4 flevel.

I just ranked up for the first time in 1.5 Arrange and I definitely saw "techno-freak"

e: Has anyone found an Ark Dragon in the Mythril Mines? I'm trying to get Antipode and I've yet to find an enemy formation that includes this monster

I think they appear in the room where Long Range used to be.

I remember playing the 1.4 version of the mod with an additional mod to balance materia and limits;

What happened to that mod? felt great

I'll put one together; I was going to pair NT with it for 1.5 but I decided against it in the end. I'll make one and see how it goes.

I still can't seem to trigger Yuffie's L4 Limit Quest. I've tried Leviathan Cave as it says in the "New Threats" menu, Godo's house as I've seen on a Youtube video of an older version, and the pagoda just in case, and nothing seems to be any different in any of them.

I tested this before putting the patches up and it was working so not sure what's happened. The sidequest triggers when going into Leviathan's Cave and clearing out the last set of flames with the Scales; Yuffie should appear (if she's in the party) and picking up the Steal-As-Well Materia ought to start the whole thing.

I'll add a debug string to the Highwind's Debug NPC to reset the flags for it, just in case.

You need to try and get around his evasion; I think Limits, Lucky Hit (procced from Luck stat: Luck/4, ignores evasion), or damage-dealing items (also ignores evasion) do the trick.

Discovered a couple of battle square bugs/quirks (just before Temple of Ancients)

I started off with the compulsory Keystone fight and managed to get through it without issue. I then went after the championship belt, but realised halfway through that I was going to run out of restorative/anti-status items/GP, so decided to restart the game and just do the Keystone fight again. But the second time I did it, I got hugely screwed by the slots - after the first battle, all the slots were break magic materia. Then, after the second, it was break summon materia. And then, it was break weapon.  :o

So naturally I failed. But then when I tried again, everything was back to normal (i.e. every reel returned to having 3 different options). The only thing I did differently was to immediately accept the fight in the case where everything went wrong, so possibly that had something to do with it? Not sure what was intended for that fight.

Secondly, I've discovered that if you use Cross-slash at the start of the Dyne fight, it will break his script and he won't do any of his special attacks (Molotov shot, Heavy shot, Force Armour, Psycho Break, Desperado). I think it must be because it stuns him when he would ordinarily take a specific action, but you would have a better idea of what's actually going on.

Finally, think someone mentioned it already, but the Golems in the Temple of the Ancients are a little broken - selecting an option in their menu always triggers the option above it instead of the one you wanted.

The reels come in sets and which set you get is random; but one of these sets has fixed results for each reel and makes it very difficult to win. It can be changed, but it requires an .EXE modification which isn't currently part of the mod's files.

What you've found there is a technique used in Low-Level games and the like. While under effects that prevent action, counter-scripts are not processed by the enemy when they take damage.

As an example; Materia Keeper in the default game will start to use Trine and Cure2 when his HP gets low enough. But if you Paralyse him and only deal damage while he is paralysed then his General Counter AI will never be able to update the variables needed to unlock his Cure2 + Trine.

I used this technique during my first challenge run of the game (an LLNM) when I realised I'd forgotten to get Deadly Waste for the fight and had to improvise :3

The patch should have fixed up the dudes in Temple of the Ancients.

Based on the in-battle messages, instead of gaining stacks, it seems to just be a singular bonus that turns on or off.

Yep.

Ah, I'm not playing in Arrange, maybe that's why I'm see it? I reverted back to the old August 6th update to double check, and the rank names reverted back to the way they were and the same stats they were in the original release of 1.5. When I install the August 10th update they turn into "Set 1, Set 2, etc." and have the upgrade stats from 1.4.

Sounds like I've used the wrong flevel; are you using 7H or the flevel hotfix?

Thanks Sega Chief, the trigger for Aeris in the Highwind is working well .

The end of the Dark Cave is weird :
Spoiler: show
On the floor 69 of the shinra building, the unknown guy says "I'm out of time" and we fight 2 basic soldier then we're out.

Did i miss something ?

If it was 2 MPs then I must have changed it to that fight to quickly test the scripts and forgot to change it back to the intended fight. I'll sort that out + add the intended fight to the debug NPC.

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: 2017-08-11 14:31:43 »
If it was 2 MPs then I must have changed it to that fight to quickly test the scripts and forgot to change it back to the intended fight. I'll sort that out + add the intended fight to the debug NPC.
I was indeed 2 MPs, I still have a save before the fight so no need to add it the debug NPC.

I managed to soft lock Carmine Weapon fight. The second time the 4 "eyes" open, the 3rd one attacked Cid, Cid counter attacked several times then Aeris casted W-Magic Ultima + Quadra Magic. After the first Ultima, nothing happened.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 14:35:05 by FFman »

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: 2017-08-11 14:38:41 »
Sounds like I've used the wrong flevel; are you using 7H or the flevel hotfix?

I'm using 7H.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: 2017-08-11 14:45:43 »
I was indeed 2 MPs, I still have a save before the fight so no need to add it the debug NPC.

I managed to soft lock Carmine Weapon fight. The second time the 4 "eyes" open, the 3rd one attacked Cid, Cid counter attacked several times then Aeris casted W-Magic Ultima + Quadra Magic. After the first Ultima, nothing happened.

That's a game-engine problem; if you cast Quadra-Ultima with either HP or MP Absorb on their on any multi-part opponent then it soft-locks the game: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/g00/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Despite what the Wiki says, it also occurs on Jenova Synthesis.

I'm using 7H.

I checked the hotfix and it was OK; so I'm redoing the 7H IRO and uploading it now.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: 2017-08-11 15:31:07 »
Hey Sega Chief, thanks for the reply, but I don't think you updated the link to the 7h IRO. I'm still having the rank up issue, and when I checked the link it said the upload link was from yesterday, and the filename hasn't changed.

Also, will it create issues if I use a save file that was saved with the wrong flevel from yesterday's patch?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 15:40:05 by ComradeDroog »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: 2017-08-11 16:13:16 »
Hey Sega Chief, thanks for the reply, but I don't think you updated the link to the 7h IRO. I'm still having the rank up issue, and when I checked the link it said the upload link was from yesterday, and the filename hasn't changed.

Also, will it create issues if I use a save file that was saved with the wrong flevel from yesterday's patch?

I haven't updated it yet; I was still uploading it.

This is the new link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/37enw178bj7dvnk/FF7%20NT%20IRO%201.5%2010th%20August%202017%20Mk.2.iro

Shouldn't be any save issues.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: 2017-08-11 16:58:35 »
Now the save points are all vanilla and there's no save point on the highwind :(

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: 2017-08-11 17:28:58 »
I tested this before putting the patches up and it was working so not sure what's happened. The sidequest triggers when going into Leviathan's Cave and clearing out the last set of flames with the Scales; Yuffie should appear (if she's in the party) and picking up the Steal-As-Well Materia ought to start the whole thing.

I'll add a debug string to the Highwind's Debug NPC to reset the flags for it, just in case.
Suggested fix then: If you haven't already done this in 1.5 (I did Disc 2 in 1.4), maybe move Leviathan Scales to the North Cave? This is very much sounding like getting Steal-As-Well during Disc 2 is what's causing the problem.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: 2017-08-11 17:59:28 »
FYI, I just tried manually replacing the flevel in the most recent IRO with the one from the hotfix, and the game crashes every time I try and enter the highwind. Figured I'd give it shot.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: 2017-08-11 18:49:34 »
Hey Sega Chief, I´ve just downlaod the most recent IRO for 7th Heaven and i ran into a couple of problems
First of all it seems like the save in Fort Condor does not display any messages outside from Save, like u cant use tents using L1, check SP etc
Also im on disc 1 and just teleported from cid´s house to fort condor and before i TP back to Rocket Town i decided to switch the IROS and the teleport guy just disappeared... i had to put back the old IRO because i was stuck in the game cause i had no buggy and had no other way to get back into rocket town
Also the save in cid´s house seems broken? whenever i click it it works as a chest and it gives me the drill arm...
I havent tested any other saves and check if there was any problem tho

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: 2017-08-11 22:23:58 »
Now the save points are all vanilla and there's no save point on the highwind :(

FYI, I just tried manually replacing the flevel in the most recent IRO with the one from the hotfix, and the game crashes every time I try and enter the highwind. Figured I'd give it shot.

Hey Sega Chief, I´ve just downlaod the most recent IRO for 7th Heaven and i ran into a couple of problems
First of all it seems like the save in Fort Condor does not display any messages outside from Save, like u cant use tents using L1, check SP etc
Also im on disc 1 and just teleported from cid´s house to fort condor and before i TP back to Rocket Town i decided to switch the IROS and the teleport guy just disappeared... i had to put back the old IRO because i was stuck in the game cause i had no buggy and had no other way to get back into rocket town
Also the save in cid´s house seems broken? whenever i click it it works as a chest and it gives me the drill arm...
I havent tested any other saves and check if there was any problem tho

Not sure what's happened; I'll do a thorough check of the IRO before uploading it this time.

Suggested fix then: If you haven't already done this in 1.5 (I did Disc 2 in 1.4), maybe move Leviathan Scales to the North Cave? This is very much sounding like getting Steal-As-Well during Disc 2 is what's causing the problem.

I don't know if it's that; there's no handler for when it's obtained. I'll check the triggers again and see if I can spot the weakness in it, I suspect that it's maybe possible to grab the Materia while Yuffie isn't there so the scene doesn't trigger but I definitely have a 'if yuffie is in the party' check in the scripts. Maybe it's in the wrong place?

Edit: That's the new IRO up; should be the right files. Was missing Chunk 1 from it I think.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 22:46:04 by Sega Chief »

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: 2017-08-11 22:59:44 »
Aw, it works beautifully! Thanks Sega Chief!

Can't wait to take on the Junon reactor now!  Wooooo!

EDIT: Listed something I thought was bug, but it looks like it was fixed in the latest patch, so nevermind :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-12 03:03:52 by ComradeDroog »

Seraphos

• View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: 2017-08-12 18:21:41 »
I have a bug in North Crater where my party leader is Cid, and when i reach the branching point where the party splits up, the game bugs out and I cant move when i reach the bottom of the climbing down (where your party members are supposed to spread out and then discuss who goes down which path). Similarly when I try to go back up to the highwind to switch my party leader to Cloud (which hopefully would help), when the dude at the top of the rope ladder welcomes and you back and forces you to make your party, I cant add Cid to my party, so unsurprisingly the game bugs out and I cant move because the leader is Cid but he is not in my party.

Soooooo Im stuck in North crater, cant get to the bottom to teleport back to the highwind and cant return to the highwind normally, is there a workaround you can suggest?

I.C_UrbanTech

• View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: 2017-08-12 20:56:41 »
Finally signed up after watching this forum for 2 years (No Clue why I didn't sign up earlier). I have been holding out till the supposed final version came out and I have to say, v1.5 is truely amazing!!! I am currently playing on normal (via steam without 7H or other mods) and I have a bug report to give.

At the temple of the ancients where cloud must chase the wizard through a bunch of tunnels to get the key to unlock the door to Sephiroth and the black materia. When I caught the wizard, I spoke to him to buy, rest, save and rank up but the rank up option does not do anything when selected.

One other thing. I don't know if this has been addressed in the mod at all or not as I have not run through to check but Sega Chief, is it possible to give some closure to Zack parents after you find out what happened to him. (If not that ok). In the original game I never found a way so I don't think it was thought of to be written in which bugged me. Everything else you have addressed and completely refreshed Final Fantasy VII for me.

Thank you for the hard work and effort of making and maintaining such an incredible mod. As soon as I finish normal (currently approaching a tearful moment well known as end of disk 1) I will do a run through on arrange and record it for YouTube for the world to see this masterpiece.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: 2017-08-12 21:02:25 »
Cool, so I've played from the huge materia questline all the way through to right before the final dungeon. I haven't entered the northern cave yet, I'm going to go do all the sidequests first, but man, that was awesome! All the new boss battle and secrets, and humor, was spot on. The Curator was hilarious. Totally worth over ten tries trying to kill that thing.

Here are the bugs I've found: Aerith appears in the cutscene in Cosmo Canyon where the gang discusses Holy with Bugenhagen, even though she's very dead. After that scene, though, everyone talks about her like she's dead again and I can't add her to my party. So it looks like it's just that cutscene that needs fixing. Oh, and she stands right outside of the entrance to underground Sector 8 in the whole return to midgar sequence after everyone parachutes in. I just ignored her, didn't talk to her, pretended like she wasn't there.

Also right before flying to the northern crater, I think I remember there being dialogue about how they're going to do it for Aerith? I don't know if the wrong dialogue played, or you just made the dialogue "Aerith death neutral" so you didn't have to create two separate scenes depending on whether or not she's alive. Figured I'd mention it, though.

Other than that, I haven't run into any bugs. I felt like a jerk for choosing the Aerith death option, but I wanted to play through the original story my first time playing NT, and now she keeps popping up to remind me of what I did. She's haunting my playthrough! Help me exorciiiizze the deeemonnss Sega Chief!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: 2017-08-12 22:22:45 »
I have a bug in North Crater where my party leader is Cid, and when i reach the branching point where the party splits up, the game bugs out and I cant move when i reach the bottom of the climbing down (where your party members are supposed to spread out and then discuss who goes down which path). Similarly when I try to go back up to the highwind to switch my party leader to Cloud (which hopefully would help), when the dude at the top of the rope ladder welcomes and you back and forces you to make your party, I cant add Cid to my party, so unsurprisingly the game bugs out and I cant move because the leader is Cid but he is not in my party.

Soooooo Im stuck in North crater, cant get to the bottom to teleport back to the highwind and cant return to the highwind normally, is there a workaround you can suggest?

I forgot there was a reason that Party Leader swap was locked behind the Crater; there's no handler for Tifa/Cid being leader at the actual party split scenes. I'll add a special script to the Save Points in the Crater that forces party swap for Cloud as leader and send you it tonight. Are you on 7H IRO or the regular installer?

Finally signed up after watching this forum for 2 years (No Clue why I didn't sign up earlier). I have been holding out till the supposed final version came out and I have to say, v1.5 is truely amazing!!! I am currently playing on normal (via steam without 7H or other mods) and I have a bug report to give.

At the temple of the ancients where cloud must chase the wizard through a bunch of tunnels to get the key to unlock the door to Sephiroth and the black materia. When I caught the wizard, I spoke to him to buy, rest, save and rank up but the rank up option does not do anything when selected.

One other thing. I don't know if this has been addressed in the mod at all or not as I have not run through to check but Sega Chief, is it possible to give some closure to Zack parents after you find out what happened to him. (If not that ok). In the original game I never found a way so I don't think it was thought of to be written in which bugged me. Everything else you have addressed and completely refreshed Final Fantasy VII for me.

Thank you for the hard work and effort of making and maintaining such an incredible mod. As soon as I finish normal (currently approaching a tearful moment well known as end of disk 1) I will do a run through on arrange and record it for YouTube for the world to see this masterpiece.

Were all the patches applied when you went through Temple of the Ancients? I thought I'd fixed those guys.

I'll add something for Zack's parents, bud.

Cool, so I've played from the huge materia questline all the way through to right before the final dungeon. I haven't entered the northern cave yet, I'm going to go do all the sidequests first, but man, that was awesome! All the new boss battle and secrets, and humor, was spot on. The Curator was hilarious. Totally worth over ten tries trying to kill that thing.

Here are the bugs I've found: Aerith appears in the cutscene in Cosmo Canyon where the gang discusses Holy with Bugenhagen, even though she's very dead. After that scene, though, everyone talks about her like she's dead again and I can't add her to my party. So it looks like it's just that cutscene that needs fixing. Oh, and she stands right outside of the entrance to underground Sector 8 in the whole return to midgar sequence after everyone parachutes in. I just ignored her, didn't talk to her, pretended like she wasn't there.

Also right before flying to the northern crater, I think I remember there being dialogue about how they're going to do it for Aerith? I don't know if the wrong dialogue played, or you just made the dialogue "Aerith death neutral" so you didn't have to create two separate scenes depending on whether or not she's alive. Figured I'd mention it, though.

Other than that, I haven't run into any bugs. I felt like a jerk for choosing the Aerith death option, but I wanted to play through the original story my first time playing NT, and now she keeps popping up to remind me of what I did. She's haunting my playthrough! Help me exorciiiizze the deeemonnss Sega Chief!

That's a pain, the handler for the scene must be wrong. I'll sort that out.

I probably kept the dialogue neutral because it sorta fits both? I can't remember, but I'll check just in case I'm missing the check there as well.

Exorcise the demons?! But...you are the demons, droog; you were the demons all along D:

I.C_UrbanTech

• View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: 2017-08-12 22:40:20 »
Were all the patches applied when you went through Temple of the Ancients? I thought I'd fixed those guys.

I'll add something for Zack's parents, bud.

I applied both patches that are from 10th August 2017. And thanks, really loving the mod. Well balanced challenges and full of wonderful surprises.
I now have to think of a strategy to get through Jenova Decay. Don't tell me, I will find a way :).

Edit: I am fully patched and ran through it again. Still nothing happens when selecting rank up.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-13 09:04:38 by I.C_UrbanTech »