Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4882927 times)

morhadow

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6125 on: 2017-09-04 11:42:57 »
Hi guys. I like a lot this mod, specially the new pagoda battles that are very challenging( i beat the original game without using barriers or gimmicks), but i have a question
Is normal that the new Staniv hits like a bulldozer even with barrier, and there is a way to protect from dual (I just got the bronco)?

Cody

• View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: 2017-09-04 15:01:22 »
I was supposed to upload the new manual as a separate download (it's currently in the main installer folders) but forgot; I'll upload it and provide a link on the front page of the thread when I get in this evening.

It's appreciated, thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: 2017-09-04 15:43:37 »
It's appreciated, thanks!

Here we go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8gsq2hylgfjxkpd/Documentation.zip

Hi guys. I like a lot this mod, specially the new pagoda battles that are very challenging( i beat the original game without using barriers or gimmicks), but i have a question
Is normal that the new Staniv hits like a bulldozer even with barrier, and there is a way to protect from dual (I just got the bronco)?

If I remember right, he uses an ability called Hawkeye which gives him the Darkness status + super-accurate attacks. If you remove this status from him, then he should be much less accurate and Yuffie's dodge ability will be useful. Towards the end he'll use Battle Cry to give you and himself Berserk; protect yourself against this status.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: 2017-09-04 15:44:26 »
Sorry for the delay on the fix:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/12ba4qljfel469l/FF7%20NT%201.5%20-%203rd%20September%202017.iro

I've changed the map jump to take you straight to the outside instead.

Is all good man, thanks for the upload (and, of course, this awesome mod in general)! Onto the northern crater to beat Sephiroth's butt!

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: 2017-09-04 17:10:21 »
I've started a new playthrough, and would like to compliment the deft handling of the Junon elevator bribe issue. It is now incredibly less pretentious. Another job well done, Sega Chief.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-04 19:06:16 by Miacis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: 2017-09-04 20:13:39 »
I've started a new playthrough, and would like to compliment the deft handling of the Junon elevator bribe issue. It is now incredibly less pretentious. Another job well done, Sega Chief.

:-D

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: 2017-09-05 23:55:30 »
Some more bugs and potential bugs:

- The Shinra Mansion's Basement is mispelled in the menu. It says "Shinra Mansion: Basemen" without the "t". Might be out of space though, dunno.

- Is there any particular reason why the New Threat guy on the bridge of the Highwind doesn't mention anything about Cloud's limit/character specific thing to do?

- While watching the Cloud/Zack flashback, during the part where they are in the truck getting a ride to Midgar, you can open the menu and it says you're in the Junon Leagues.

- You can effectively get trapped in that spot on the World Map between Icicle Inn & Great Glacier. I took Cid as the leader for a snowboard down the mountain(though it loaded Cloud which may also be a bug) to look around the area. After finding nothing I left through the main gate to get back to the World Map to go to Icicle Inn but it wouldn't let me into the town. Going back down to Great Glacier it wouldn't let me back into Great Glaicer either effectively trapping me forcing a reset. I don't know if this was because Cid was the leader of the team or whatever but there you go. This is obviously game breaking if you save on the world map between the two areas.

- She wasn't doing this before so I don't know what trigged it or if a patch did it but Elmyra in Kalm is now standing in that rig in the middle in the town. She's just standing there instead of sitting beside Aeris like normal.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-06 00:33:09 by MoCheese »

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: 2017-09-06 13:40:58 »
for some reason whenever i shutdown my laptop and re open it, the mod is uninstalled and so is the game, any help with this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: 2017-09-06 21:01:53 »
Some more bugs and potential bugs:

- The Shinra Mansion's Basement is mispelled in the menu. It says "Shinra Mansion: Basemen" without the "t". Might be out of space though, dunno.

- Is there any particular reason why the New Threat guy on the bridge of the Highwind doesn't mention anything about Cloud's limit/character specific thing to do?

- While watching the Cloud/Zack flashback, during the part where they are in the truck getting a ride to Midgar, you can open the menu and it says you're in the Junon Leagues.

- You can effectively get trapped in that spot on the World Map between Icicle Inn & Great Glacier. I took Cid as the leader for a snowboard down the mountain(though it loaded Cloud which may also be a bug) to look around the area. After finding nothing I left through the main gate to get back to the World Map to go to Icicle Inn but it wouldn't let me into the town. Going back down to Great Glacier it wouldn't let me back into Great Glaicer either effectively trapping me forcing a reset. I don't know if this was because Cid was the leader of the team or whatever but there you go. This is obviously game breaking if you save on the world map between the two areas.

- She wasn't doing this before so I don't know what trigged it or if a patch did it but Elmyra in Kalm is now standing in that rig in the middle in the town. She's just standing there instead of sitting beside Aeris like normal.

Probably is a space thing; the name is a bit long.

Cloud's innate is now activated from the get-go, and the text appears after he jumps off the train. The Highwind text has been removed.

I'll add a line to disable menu access during it.

Dunno if I can fix that one; I can maybe add a check to the Glacier exits to teleport to Icicle Inn if it detects anyone except Cloud as party leader maybe. Actually, yeah I'll do that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: 2017-09-06 22:06:04 »
The area name is restricted to 23 chars. 

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: 2017-09-06 22:30:19 »
Cloud's innate is now activated from the get-go, and the text appears after he jumps off the train. The Highwind text has been removed.

I wasn't referring to the innate. I mean the side quest stuff. Like: "You can meet an old teammate at the Temple of the Ancients. Requires Cait Sith" or whatever. Those ones.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: 2017-09-06 22:42:17 »
for some reason whenever i shutdown my laptop and re open it, the mod is uninstalled and so is the game, any help with this?

Sounds like an antivirus thing so something might need to be set up there for the installer (like an exception). If not that, then maybe Steam is doing it; try moving the installation outside of the Program Folders.  Never heard of the entire game being uninstalled to be honest.

I wasn't referring to the innate. I mean the side quest stuff. Like: "You can meet an old teammate at the Temple of the Ancients. Requires Cait Sith" or whatever. Those ones.

Ah right; not sure, I think I just assumed people would pay it a visit to watch the cutscene.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: 2017-09-06 23:48:14 »
Ah right; not sure, I think I just assumed people would pay it a visit to watch the cutscene.

Fair enough. I can't imagine anyone looking for a mod of this game wouldn't know that exists in the first place.

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: 2017-09-07 16:28:35 »
i mean its a little annoying installing the whole game again and then mod afterwards,but it doesn't take too long so its not too bad, also i seen on youtube that you fight the guard scorpion in the corel prison, but when i got there it wasnt there, has it been removed? or is there certain things you have to to trigger it?, and one last thing, while i was playing i went back to fort condor for the minigame and it said that i had missed a battle but nothing had popped up saying there was a battle to do, any help will be nice thanks

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: 2017-09-07 18:59:52 »
Hey SC, another bug seems to have cropped up with the Sept. 3rd build of the IRO. Whenever you initiate an encounter now the battle swirl animation will hang/stutter.
The battles still load the correct scene, it's just the swirls no longer seem to be working.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: 2017-09-07 23:05:44 »
i mean its a little annoying installing the whole game again and then mod afterwards,but it doesn't take too long so its not too bad, also i seen on youtube that you fight the guard scorpion in the corel prison, but when i got there it wasnt there, has it been removed? or is there certain things you have to to trigger it?, and one last thing, while i was playing i went back to fort condor for the minigame and it said that i had missed a battle but nothing had popped up saying there was a battle to do, any help will be nice thanks

Might have been one of the two that trigger during Junon; when Cloud is alone, a battle becomes available but then another becomes available when Cloud gets into the water to jump with the Dolphin. After those two, the next is when you get the buggy after Corel Prison so it must be one of those two that're missing. Both have text alerts, or they should have in any case, but the dolphin jump tends to be the one that gets missed a lot.

One thing to note is that Fort Condor has, by default, enough funds to cover all of the unreachable battles; if you spot them 3000gil for any battles missed that were player accessible then you should still get the bonus at the end so next time you're there give them 3k gil. None of the items given as prizes are missable either so no worries about that.

Hey SC, another bug seems to have cropped up with the Sept. 3rd build of the IRO. Whenever you initiate an encounter now the battle swirl animation will hang/stutter.
The battles still load the correct scene, it's just the swirls no longer seem to be working.

That won't be NT-specific; the mod files don't affect the actual engine of the game in any way. I'd check in with the 7H thread and post your OpenGL config to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: 2017-09-08 00:52:55 »
Alright, nevermind. Fixed the issue, seems it was a settings issue in my nvidia control panel, all is well...nothing to see here!  :roll:
I just find it odd that it's been the same settings I've been using since I've been playing NT, I guess maybe when nvidia had their latest drivers update it must have tweaked something?
In any case, we're good.

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: 2017-09-08 21:02:47 »
It's alright I went to cosmo canyon before gongaga, but more importantly is there like a branching story in this mod? That'd be kinda cool
« Last Edit: 2017-09-08 22:11:02 by Dan-ss »

morhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: 2017-09-08 22:03:11 »
Hi guys. I just defeated hojo and instead of receiving the synthesis cell i got a ribbon(i like that too) and the readme says that drop from jenova synthesis. Can i obtain these or are removed from the game?

GoblinAcc

• View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: 2017-09-09 04:04:17 »
I just got past Corel Prison in my 1.4 patch run. Will I be missing a siginficant amount of content updating the game and playing from there or should I restart?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: 2017-09-09 04:53:59 »
You won't be able to play from there.  The savemap will be totally wrecked.  You have to start again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: 2017-09-09 12:02:18 »
It's alright I went to cosmo canyon before gongaga, but more importantly is there like a branching story in this mod? That'd be kinda cool

There is one event that'll affect things later on, but the story events more or less play out the same way.

I just got past Corel Prison in my 1.4 patch run. Will I be missing a siginficant amount of content updating the game and playing from there or should I restart?

You won't be able to play from there.  The savemap will be totally wrecked.  You have to start again.

The save map between 1.4 and 1.5 is very similar so it should be OK to update the game and continue in 1.5 using a 1.4 save file. 1.5 itself was mostly enemy balancing rather than field scripting.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: 2017-09-09 14:06:02 »
haha I thought he means the old patch before Aali's driver :P  haha.   :'(  :oops:

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: 2017-09-09 19:07:19 »
Hey sega chief. Firstly I would like to say what a good job you did on this mod I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I am having an issue with not being able to rank up Aeris with mr smile. Is this a bug? Also I cant find the deathblow materia and cant find anywhere on the internet that points to its whereabouts.

Thanks for your time.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: 2017-09-09 20:12:14 »
Quick question about Pinnacle Sepiroth on 1.4 (old save file I'm finishing off). The battle message seems to suggest I HAVE to use multiple parties to fight him. Is this the case, or can I just use my 3 main characters, and ignore the party switching mechanic like vanilla?