Author Topic: Bootleg with new battle interface + Aali 0.8.1b  (Read 9339 times)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Bootleg with new battle interface + Aali 0.8.1b
« on: 2014-05-26 21:25:46 »
Hey there.

Anyone tried bootleg install and override aali driver with the new version?
Only two problems come right away for me: no sound on FMV and the black bar on battle interface, even with the texture_cache_size = 1024.
Any solution for these or are any other problems likely to occur?

Best regards.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Bootleg with new battle interface + Aali 0.8.1b
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-26 23:10:21 »
The extended battle interface isn't part of Aali's driver anymore and the music is now played directly through a plugin if the files are correct named and placed. DLPB has updated his mods for the new driver which should solve your problems.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-26 23:39:26 »
Thanks.

So a restore of original FF7.exe and install of THE REUNION mod should solve the problem, right?
I wonder which other mods modified the exe that need reinstall (the hardcore mod and a few others, I guess).

Music plays wonderfully with AH. Music from the videos do not. Am I supposed to install some codec?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-27 03:36:39 »
I haven't tested Aali's latest driver, so I don't know what changed, but IIRC what Kaldarasha said plus no more disable_popup. You might need to tweak your settings a bit, but I think it's compatible.

Very few mods alter the exe. IIRC only Nightmare and Hardcore do. The exe holds limit break data and shop data.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-27 03:52:23 »
Reasonable Difficulty and Hardcore are the only ones that I've tested to work with Aali 0.8.1b + The Reunion. You need to always install the difficulty mods first, then Reunion over top of it. The tests I did were not using Bootleg installs however. I used all the standalone .exe for them and modded with 7H afterwards.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-27 20:59:54 »
Everything seems to work fine now.
Made my full bootleg install and backup.
Made a new ff7 install, up to 1.02, aali, hardcore mod, reunion, AH and all working fine.
Tested 7th heaven, working wonders.
Then replaced some of the major files, lgp for models and other stuff and the full bootleg mod png's folder, not replacing anything from reunion install (just some minor stuff colliding anyway).

Looks good so far.

Wonder how the mod folder must be organized... Is the png presence by itself enough to make aali driver replace it or does it need to be in a specific folder? What happens if two png's with the same name are present?

By the way, what's with the "textures" folder that bootleg installs on the root of ff7 dir?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-27 21:21:24 »
Wonder how the mod folder must be organized...
You can see structure for it in the direct folder.

Is the png presence by itself enough to make aali driver replace it or does it need to be in a specific folder?
No, must be placed in the correct folder.

What happens if two png's with the same name are present?
Not possible, because of the rule above.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-05-27 21:46:48 »
Bootleg installs a couple hundred png's outside the folder structure then... There are quite a few on the mod root folder even...

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-05-27 22:07:15 »
Some textures aren't in packed lgp files. I guess these files are placed outside of the other folders.

rafezetter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-05-01 08:25:15 »
I have just installed the new driver 8.1b (over the old one as I thought I was having a driver issue with a minigame) but now I also have the big bar at the bottom instead of the old version battle interface. - No idea about sound in FMV's.

I did this install and mod back in August '14 - but have only now gotten around to playing it, so I might have out of date versions of things.

I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH A FULL RE-INSTALL TO FIX THIS!!!!! (unless it is absolutely the last resort) - it took me long enough to do it the first time.

Is there any workaround to this?   Please keep in mind this is my very first time of playing this heavily modded PC version of FF7 so most of the replies above I didn't understand.

I'd really appreciate an idiots guide on what to do.

I'd also like to say the work the community has done is amazing - I played FF7 on PS1 when it was still new  - and thes mods have made it a whole new game again.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-01 08:39:28 by rafezetter »