SeeD Reborn v3.5
- by MCINDUS**NEW UPDATED RELEASE**For use only with the Steam release of Final Fantasy VIII This mod is dependent on Tonberry
Get Tonberry 2: Enhanced HERE**Turn OFF the Steam overlay to prevent crashes and blocky text glitches!**"SeeD Reborn v3.5" is a graphical overhaul which includes:
- New Title Screen
- Improved Menu Gradients
- ALL game Text re-created/upscaled - NEW AND IMPROVED for v3.5!
- Battle and Menu Icons and Text re-created/upscaled
- Character and GF avatars are completely replaced/remastered
- Magazine Remaster (Weapons Monthly and Pet Pals)
- New Battle Damage Indicators
- 'Double/Triple' (Cerberus), 'Target', and 'Miss', Icons Modified
- MANY alignment fixes!!
- Transparency fixes!PLEASE DONATE HERE!SeeD Reborn v3.5 DOWNLOADSeeD Reborn v3.2 (Old Version with 'thinner' font)
This mod is based off of the original SeeD mod for FF8 2000 by sl1982:http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11960.0
This is the official release! Let me know if you find any bugs!Directions:
(If you already have the latest version of Tonberry installed, move on to step 3)
1. Download "Tonberry 2" HERE
1.5. You also might need Microsoft VC++ Redistributable at this point:
(x86 version HERE
(x64 version HERE
2. Install Tonberry
3. Unpack "Seed_Reborn(v3.5)" and place the folders "ic, st, sy, gf, etc." into "...steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/textures/"
4. Put the SeedReborn_hm.csv file in:
"...steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap"SeeD Reborn (v3.2) Language Packs
**OFFICIAL BETA RELEASE**
Spanish, German, and French versions available!=========================
Spanish Language Pack
French Language Pack
Norwin's German version!
=========================Tonberry 2 Hashmap Files:SeeD Reborn (Spanish)SeeD Reborn (French)SeeD Reborn (German)
Italian COMING VERY SOON
HUGE thanks to Norwin for the German hashcodes!LANGUAGE PACK DIRECTIONS:You MUST have Tonberry 2 installed prior to this installation!
(Hashcodes provided by Shunsq - Thanks!)1. Install SeeD Reborn from the main post!2. Download the appropriate language pack from the list above.
3. Open the "Final Fantasy VIII" game folder. (normally located "steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/")
4. Move the "ic" from your language pack download
into the "textures" folder. (Merge the folders and copy/replace any duplicates.)
5. Download the appropriate language hashmap file above and place it in:
steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap