Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 556902 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
SeeDReborn v4.1
Menu, UI, Icon and Font Mod for Final Fantasy 8 (Steam)
by MCINDUS

**NOW AVAILABLE IN ALL LANGUAGES!!**
NEW!!! Gradient Color Options now available!  Custom options located in the download!!!

For use only with the Steam release of Final Fantasy VIII
Join my PATREON!

This mod is dependent on Tonberry 2 (or later)
Get Tonberry 2: Enhanced HERE

**Turn OFF the Steam overlay to prevent crashes and blocky text glitches!**

"SeeDReborn v4.1" is a graphical overhaul which includes:

- New Title Screen
- NEW Alternate Title Screens for "Ragnarok Mod" and "New Threat 8"
- Improved Menu Gradients [NEW COLOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE!]
- ALL game Text re-created - NEW AND IMPROVED FONT for v4.1!
- NEW Font colors, as well as various menu objects modified.  (SeeD, Time, Play, Disc, Fast/Slow, etc.)
- NEW Battle/Menu Icons and Text! (Double/Triple, Target, Miss, Battle Numbers, Renzokuken indicators, etc.)
- NEW Gunblade Cursor
- NEW Updated and colored Item Icons!
- NEW colored Custom Icons for Status and Elemental Magic!
- NEW Custom Icons for Junction Stats instead of old TEXT abbreviations! (HP, Str, Vit, Mag, Spr, Spd, Eva, Hit, Luck)
- Character and GF avatars are completely replaced/remastered
- Magazine Remaster with alternate colored Backgrounds included! (Weapons Monthly and Pet Pals)
- Alignment fixes!!
- Transparency fixes!

PLEASE DONATE HERE!

SeeD Reborn v4.1 (EN-English)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (ES-Spanish)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (DE-German)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (FR-French)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (IT-Italian)

Hi-Tech and 'Gunblade' themed gradients available here for other language packs! *(already included in EN version)*
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15320.msg264831#msg264831
Thanks to ff7maniac for the cutouts! These will be included in the next mod release!

OLD VERSIONS:
SeeD Reborn v3.5 (English)
SeeD Reborn v3.2 (English) - Old Version with Thinner 'Vanilla' Font

This mod is based off of the original SeeD mod for FF8 2000 by sl1982:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11960.0

This is the official release! Let me know if you find any bugs!

Directions:
(If you already have the latest version of Tonberry installed, move on to step 2)

1.     Download "Tonberry 2" HERE and install it to your parent FF8 folder (where the .exe is located)
2.     Open the "Final Fantasy VIII" game folder. (normally located "steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/")
3.     Unpack "Seed_Reborn v4.1" and place "textures" and "tonberry" into ..."steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII"
4.     Merge the folders and copy/replace any duplicates.
5.     Look in the /textures-alternates/ folder for instructions on how to add alternate colors for text-boxes, add title screens for other mods, etc.!

Special thanks to Qualcuno for the help with testing the Italian version and collecting hashes!
HUGE thanks to Norwin for the German hashcodes!
Thank you to epikplayer94 for all of the help testing the Italian version for v4.1!

Enjoy!

**Updated 5/22/2019**
DONATE HERE
« Last Edit: 2019-09-12 11:59:48 by Mcindus »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: SeeD Reborn (v3.alpha)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-26 07:34:24 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I can barely open qhimm posts after this release...
;)

Guide updated!
« Last Edit: 2014-06-26 11:59:04 by LeonhartGR »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:59:58 by dkma841 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
You know the ugly low quality grey background behind the text is that replaceable?

I'm pretty sure it is, and it's part of the SeeD mod that isn't out yet.  It, along with the large text and other Icons, etc. are the hardest piece to the puzzle, so I figured I would release the Alpha without them, as it might take me another week or more to get that last part in. (but oh, what a part.)

Here's a preview:

This is the main part I'm using from the old SeeD mod, but I had to re-create a lot of it and there are still minor alignment issues... just need to figure out where they go, etc.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-26 19:01:26 by Mcindus »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:59:36 by dkma841 »

jliencres

• View Profile
Great work, keep it up!!!!

monty777

• View Profile
This mod seems to cause minor glitches or artifacts or whatever you call it in the text itself in form of small black lines or dots, which can even be seen in your own screenshots if you enlarge them but other than that, awesome mod. Good work and cant wait for the beta release. I'm very grateful for all your hard work guys. Keep up the good work, let's get closer and closer to perfection. Cheers.

Edit: Oh btw the Pet Pals won't work properly for me. Shows no image, only text. Hope this will be fixed in future releases. Once again, keep up the good work, you rock.

I'm gonna wait for the beta release before i start another complete run through FF8 from start to finish :D Hope it will be soon, but take your time to get it right.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-10 15:23:55 by monty777 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
This mod seems to cause minor glitches or artifacts or whatever you call it in the text itself in form of small black lines or dots, which can even be seen in your own screenshots if you enlarge them but other than that, awesome mod. Good work and cant wait for the beta release. I'm very grateful for all your hard work guys. Keep up the good work, let's get closer and closer to perfection. Cheers.

Edit: Oh btw the Pet Pals won't work properly for me. Shows no image, only text. Hope this will be fixed in future releases. Once again, keep up the good work, you rock.

I'm gonna wait for the beta release before i start another complete run through FF8 from start to finish :D Hope it will be soon, but take your time to get it right.

Thanks!  Beta will be sweet if it works properly ;)

Also - if you can tell me where the artifacts are, I can find them.   Please make a list of any others you notice. 
Most of the time, it's a misaligned letter or it's because my drop shadow is one pixel too far to the left.  Something I've already fixed would be: every time you see a number 5, there is a line through the next letter or number you see -- this is actually the left side of the number 6 - so I've fixed a few that I've noticed issues with... like the lowercase letter 'u' bleeding into the 't' frame on the right side, etc.

Please make notes of any other text artifacts you see!
The next mod will also very likely have a few of these artifacts (beta!) but if we work together to catalog the issues, they will all be handled eventually :)

I'm going to go check on those pet pals images right now.

monty777

• View Profile
OK, i'll see what i can do to help, but i might not be the fastest tester but i'll get on it and see if i can make a list ;) Give me a week or so though, lol.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 18:03:08 by monty777 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
OK, i'll see what i can do to help, but i might not be the fastest tester but i'll get on it and see if i can make a list ;) Give me a week or so though, lol.

No problem!  If it doesn't make it on this release, it will be on the next.  Thanks!

monty777

• View Profile
one tiny line underneath the y, tiny dot above the e, underneath x and v, two lil dots right underneath the w and tiny line underneath the exclamation mark, that's all im noticing at this point. But it doesnt even bother me that much, was just saying. Love the mods, cheers.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
one tiny line underneath the y, tiny dot above the e, underneath x and v, two lil dots right underneath the w and tiny line underneath the exclamation mark, that's all im noticing at this point. But it doesnt even bother me that much, was just saying. Love the mods, cheers.

Thank you! this is huge! :)

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
I catched two bugs, Mcindus!  :-P :-P :-P

On the one hand, some characters aren't replaced (I promise I'll upload a screenshot as soon as I can). This gives a weird sensation because you have some letters very defined (modded ones) and others blurry (the old, non replaced ones)

On the other hand, and I'm not sure that it's SeeD related but I'll put it here, when you read a magazine (don't know their english names, but you know, the ones you need for learning Zell's limits, for example) you'll only see the text, but not the background image.

I'll keep reporting things I see if you like :D

Edit: Remember I'm using Spanish version :-P

Screenshot as promised! You see some letters (most of them in some cases) aren't replaced?

« Last Edit: 2014-07-13 11:39:04 by JeMaCheHi »

Omzy

• View Profile
@JeMaCheHi
This is most likely a problem with Tonberry which I will address in future releases.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
@Omzy

I see. There is something I can do? Do you want me to post it in the Tonberry thread?

Omzy

• View Profile
I see. There is something I can do? Do you want me to post it in the Tonberry thread?
At the moment there is a problem with the hashing algorithm that is resulting in hundreds of these issues throughout the game. My goal with the next release of Tonberry is to fix all that so there's no need to report them at the moment because they will completely change in the next version.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
@Omzy
Ok, I'll keep an eye on the project!

@Mcindus
I was thinking about this... is there any way to change the ugly "B1" "B2" "B3"... icons for the psx ones x, o, [ ], /_\ ?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
At the moment there is a problem with the hashing algorithm...

Heads up. :)

Main post updated with hashmap_v1.3. This version should be compatible with Mcindus' next SeeD release, which will be awesome, btw!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
The background is in that image you posted. I has added some smoothing to it but thats about it.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Original post updated with the official release, SeeD Reborn v3.1!

Let me know what you guys think!  I am having way too much fun playing now.

This last update more than doubled the size of SeeD Reborn, and it's worth it!

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
Re: [FF8/REL] SeeD Reborn (v3.1) - FF8 Menu Overhaul for STEAM
« Reply #21 on: 2014-07-17 11:19:40 »
I'm still having the same issue with non replaced chars... and I'm using the Tonberry v1.5, hashmap 1.3 and this last SeeD release  :'( :'(
I'm starting to really HATE the spanish version! And unfortunately, I cannot appreciate the real improvement of this update due to this issue...

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #22 on: 2014-07-17 11:36:53 »
The background is in that image you posted. I has added some smoothing to it but thats about it.
Nice to see you here sl1982!!  I just updated the OP with an update with a much better background gradient!
I should be able to port all of these changes over to Project SeeD for the original release for use with Aali's driver soon :)

I'm still having the same issue with non replaced chars... and I'm using the Tonberry v1.5, hashmap 1.3 and this last SeeD release  :'( :'(
I'm starting to really HATE the spanish version! And unfortunately, I cannot appreciate the real improvement of this update due to this issue...

I'm pretty sure the spanish version is calling different pages for different letters and textures... the issue is that there would need to be a special exception made in tonberry for each of the different languages... AND I would have to re-do a master texture page for each of the main languages.  I only have access to the English version myself... so I wouldn't even know where to look.  I'm sure it's just a .TEX file named something based on the language it's in... and the icons would probably have their own .TIM file, but this would be a beastly project.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 11:48:58 by Mcindus »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-07-17 11:58:22 »
What you say makes sense since spanish has more simbols (ñ for example) than english alphabet. However it should still replace some letters, isn't it? For example, a b for a p, or a x for an m... whatever.
But yes, in short you have to be right because it always replaces the same letters, the a, the e, the M... always the same ones.
You think I need a lot of knowledge to adapt it myself...?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-07-17 12:09:48 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:58:35 by dkma841 »