THIS IS NOW PART OF THE REUNION.
This mod will restore the battle system to how the PSX version operated. That means that the camera is 2x smoother, the menu 4x smoother, but the animations are unchanged (their frames are quadrupled, just like the PSX game).
The menu and camera were broken by the decision to make the PC frame rate 15 (most noticeable when viewing Cait/Tifa/Battle Arena slots). This mod is a basic fix that can be installed easily using HextLaunch.1. Download DLPB_Tools, which contains HextLaunch HERE
2. Place HextLaunch.exe into FF7's root folder, if it isn't there. Name it what you like.
3. Run HextLaunch. It will create the correct folders and settings file.
4. Go into HL_Files, which has now been created, and change settings.ini to read the following:1998
[HextLaunch]5. Place the downloaded text file from the top of this post into HL_Files\Hext_in
6. Run HextLaunch.
If you know what you're doing, you can also use this to edit the exe directly.Issues
1. Because this mod uses the pause var to quadruple animation frames, the pause function will not work with this mod. I will be adding that function back very soon.
2. Very minor graphical glitch at start of the very first battle. Unknown cause.
3. Possible issues with camera. Please note any.
4. Battle arena intro to battle will skip (probably needs the same fix that normal battles do)
If you find any other problems, please let me know.