Author Topic: Insert Disc 2 error..and now I can't download the tool pack to fix this either.  (Read 6135 times)

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
This mod pack seems destined to just deny me the things I want.  I have the Steam version this go round, and I just completed Disc 1, only to get the insurmountable block of needing to put in Disc 2.  Here are the instructions to sort this out:

I've completed Disc 1, but it keeps asking me to insert Disc 2 to continue.

Download DLPB_Tools.zip
    Extract the "DLL_in" folder and "Mult.dll" to your game folder.
    Download FF7anyCDv2.dll.
    Place "FF7anyCDv2.dll" into the "DLL_in" folder.
    Add the line  load_library = Multi.dll  to ff7_opengl.cfg.

The problem comes when that hyperlink for DLPB_Tools.zip leads me to a broken link.  Then, when I searched DLPB_Tools.zip manually, the only download link I find is a big pack of tools which all seem to be nothing but hex editing stuff I don't have a clue how to use.  There is no "DLL_in" folder.  There is no "Mult.dll."  The FF7anyCDv2.dll won't do its job (apparently) if I haven't got the other things, so I'm out of luck until I do.

I'd really like to actually finish the game this time, and would appreciate any help anyone can give.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
Thank you for the dll file, but something is still off.  I manually made a DLL_in folder in the directory to which I installed the Steam version of the game (not a system folder, it's on a different hard drive) and put the AnyCD dll in there, and the multi.dll in the main game directory and still the Disc 2 error persists. 

# Load Multiple DLLs
#load_library = Multi.dll  <--- this is the last entry in that .cfg file, so to my knowledge that's already there.  I'm still missing something, any idea what?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Remove the # before the load_library and it should work.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
Done that and still nothing.  Wondering if I just mount an ISO of the second CD if it will finally just work.  This is honestly disheartening when I've done everything instructed and it still denies me.  Is there a spot in the config where I must manually direct it to find the multi.dll or AnyCD.dll files?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
load_library = multi.dll is all you need inside ff7_opengl.cfg. Create two folders, DLL_in and LOADR, in the game's root folder. Place FF7anyCDv2.dll inside those two folders and Multi.dll in the game's root folder. FF7DISC1 needs to be the name of the drive that the game is registered to run from in Bootloader.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
That's finally got it working again.  Thank you.