Hi everyone! HEROES is finally out! To put it short, this brings everything to the PSX that hasn't been there yet:
- Higher quality Field/Battle models for Sephiroth and Cloud on the PSX!
- complete Sephiroth patch with a full role swap with Cloud in field and battle and on the worldmap
- Sephiroth executing all of Clouds battle animations including his limit breaks and wielding both Masamune and Cloud's
- all dialogue fixed and fields edited accordingly!
Additionally this includes a 9999 breaker and a KERNEL.BIN and SCENE.BIN overhaul, new spells, mdef bug fix, adjusted boss fights and a few new items and materia are included!
-SINGLE PLAYER COMBAT-
While this is mostly a drawback for having a hq battle model and having a battle model doing Cloud's limits and animations it is actually pretty cool and puts the focus on Sephiroth! All fields and boss battles have been fixed to work properly this way. This means that there will be other characters in Field but all battles are handled by Sephiroth alone and the game is balanced out for that. Also Phoenix Downs heal your HP now.
I only had to give up Vincent and Yuffie but Utai is still working and the pagode can now be climbed and conquered by Sephiroth!!
So far I do unfortunately only have the disc 1 ready but I'm working hard to get the other two done as well. Just use a fresh ISO of the NTSC-U version and apply the ppf patch using ppfomatic 3.
For physical consoles (PSP or real PSX):http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7968811ftwvbzh/heroes.ppf
- NFITC1 for making ProudClod and WallMarket
- again NFITC1 for answering all my stupid questions
- myst6re for making Makou Reactor
- Lasyan3 for making Hack7
- Ficedula for his lzs compression tools
- Next for making the one and only hex-editor
- all my friends here
especially Vayneruel, Jeet and Lazy Bastard
This may not look as spectecular but the whole process of learning how to mod the PSX version and get some slight graphical enhancements out of it is about 2 years now, this is the product.
-minor fixes, if you have the original version please load the updated one and make a new ISO