Author Topic: Music Bug with Bootleg?  (Read 5622 times)

Robgatti

• View Profile
Music Bug with Bootleg?
« on: 2014-11-26 08:00:49 »
I run Bootleg with pretty much everything minimal out side of

Materia Textures.
GJoerulv Hardcore.
Facepalmer.
Rumbah Smooth.

And I cannot get anything but MIDI music to work.
When I have the Plugin enabled on Bootloader I get no music, I disable I get MIDI.
I've tried installing all of the available options for music in the BFE.exe, Anxious Heart, FinalFanTimOST, to no avail :/

Namur

• View Profile
Re: Music Bug with Bootleg?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-15 07:44:03 »
I signed up just to post about this! I am having the same issue after I downloaded a more recent release of tifas package. The one I subsequently deleted after downloading the newer version never had this issue and installed all the music. Now during the BFE install process, it seems to only install a few files. I hope someone has an answer, I am tearing my hair out about this!

I dont think bootleg is installing ff7music at all, I installed it manually and the Final Fantasy 7 shortcut regained its icon. I will post back if this has corrected the issue :)

It has fixed it, bootleg isnt installing ff7music for some reason. Unless its a problem with a more recent tifas package release. I never had that issue with an older release :S I hope someone can shed some light on this

➣ How do I start over fresh?
Uninstall FF7Music via Windows Control Panel.
Uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel.
Clean your registry using this tool: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14421.0
Delete the old installation folder completely. It will have junk files leftover from modding, and installing back into will cause a nightmare.
Install the game and start modding again!

Follow this exactly and you will fix the music problem.. Its the registry causing the music and several other mods (in my case) not to install!
« Last Edit: 2014-12-15 12:47:14 by Vgr »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-15 12:52:45 »
Please don't submit four subsequent posts if there was no reply. There is a small "Modify" button at the top right of your messages to edit. I merged your posts together.

Regarding your issue, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the registry has nothing to do with what Bootleg installs, and if it installs it or not. Bootleg should overwrite any registry key to the correct value. However, it is recommended to delete the game folder before reinstalling.

Namur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-17 06:49:24 »
Sorry about that :) I am still having issues with the installer, it wont install any custom music (it doesnt install ff7music at all) or custom opening credits :S I did have a torrent for an older tifas package which had everything working well. Dont know what is going wrong here

Many thanks!