Author Topic: FF7 FF7Config.exe issues  (Read 4865 times)

Fanaticalperf

FF7 FF7Config.exe issues
« on: 2014-12-19 22:37:19 »
I have recently installed FF7 on my MSI laptop. Without Bootleg installed FF7.exe was working fine and the game played ok with the exception of the green and red lines appearing on screen during game play. After installing bootleg I can't open FF7config.exe. (It is Nvidia related according the FAQ). I must also use bootloader.exe to start FF7. FF7.exe informs me that new music is available and asks if I would like to download it. After clicking yes or no nothing happens. I had to replace nvd3d9wrap.dll with a downloaded copy to no avail (as mentioned in the FAQ section). I had to end a bunch of processes to gain access to the file as I couldn't access LOCAL USERS under Computer Management. (Windows 7 Premium). I'm sure that once I am able to run FF7config.exe I will be able to cure most of my issues. Thanks in advance for any help. :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-20 17:24:27 by obesebear »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 FF7Config.exe issues
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-21 12:01:16 »
Rename nvd3d9wrap.dll to something else and then start the FF7config.exe, set your sound card and that should be it. Don't forget to rename the changed nvd3d9wrap.dll.