GeDoSaTo Downsampling Config v1.1 by MCINDUSNEW RELEASE!
These files enable the use of GeDoSaTo, SweetFX, (and even Tonberry!) in conjunction with FF8
This is for the STEAM version onlyIf you are using the Music Mod Roses and Wine (RaW), you must update to W04 to use this mod!Features:
- Downsampling for beautiful textures (3840x2160 by default)
- Set Anti-Aliasing type and quality
- The ability to use Tonberry in conjunction with SweetFX!
- Enable SweetFX Postprocessing effects
- Use Asmodean's Shader SuiteUnlock all resolutions -- Enjoy downsampling!
(Look at the edges of objects to get a real idea of what the downsampling and AA are accomplishing)
GeDoSaTo also enables the use of Tonberry and SweetFX plugins simultaneously!
No longer any need to disable the STEAM overlay when using GeDoSaTo, this configuration will do it for you.
Thanks to Peter Durante for GeDoSaTo
Special thanks to Kaldarasha and KyubiNemesis for giving me the inspiration to figure this out
FF8 GeDoSaTo Config v1.1 by MCINDUS
If you enjoy this mod and any of my many others for FF8, please... DONATE HERE!
1. Install GeDoSaTo HERE
2. Unpack FF8_GeDoSaTo_v1.1.rar wherever you like
3. Open the "FF8_GeDoSaTo" folder for your launguage (FF8_GeDoSato is for English)
4. Drag the 'config' folder to your new GeDoSaTo parent folder and merge the folders together. (Mine is C:/GeDoSaTo) This will place FF8_xx and FF8_Launcher folders as well as 'whitelist_user.txt' into your GeDoSaTo config.
5. Open GeDoSaToTool.exe as Administrator
6. Open FF8 and go to "Settings" in the Launcher to select your new resolution (3840x2160 by default)
*If you're using RaW (W04), open the FF8+.exe to run the launcher properly. (Do this every time you exit the game - make sure you close out of the Launcher completely first)
- You will see text in the top left of the screen confirming your downsampling rate if you did everything right
- To configure your own settings, click 'Edit Settings' and choose the 'FF8_EN
/GeDoSaTo.ini' from the pulldown menu.
- Choose your downsampling resolution by removing the "#" mark from the resolution you would like to use.
Settings by default are:
Downsampling Resolution = 3840x2160; bicubic
Anti-Aliasing = FXAA; High
Postprocessing = On; asmodean
______________________________________To enable SweetFX and/or change Asmodean options:
Click "edit postprocessing" and choose your SweetFX settings for 'durante' -OR-
Go to GeDoSaTo/assets/post.fx for the 'durante' SweetFX options (open in notepad, etc.)
Click "edit alt. postproc." and choose your settings for 'asmodean' -OR-
Go to GeDoSaTo/assets/post_asmodean.fx for the 'asmodean' Postprocessing options
If you figure out how to enable AO or DoF, let us know! THANKS!
As always, leave comments and questions below