Author Topic: Running with Intel Integrated  (Read 2549 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Running with Intel Integrated
« on: 2015-04-07 23:29:11 »
Hey all,

I upgraded my PC recently and added a graphics card (nothing heavy-duty, just a budget-friendly Asus 6670 HD) but I'm finding FF7 to be a tad choppy now and then in the world map and certain other places. I've been told that it runs a lot better with an integrated 'card' (I used to play it through an Intel integrated on my old PC which was nice and stable); what are the steps to getting a game to run through integrated rather than the dedicated graphics card? This is the first card I've owned, and I'm not sure of the steps. A lot of forums tend to be focused on dealing with the opposite problem of getting games to NOT run on integrated :p

corpse

• View Profile
Re: Running with Intel Integrated
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-08 08:58:16 »
You could try just connecting your monitor to your integrated card VGA/DVI Port, or setup a switch for the 2 outputs. But before you try reverting back to your intel have you tried running the game with Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver. You may find the game runs a lot smoother.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-08 09:33:30 »
I think he does...  ;)
I have a Nvidia card and have only this kind of problem with Valdis Story, where the integrated Intel gpu runs better. For some reasons Nvidia has a bad support for older graphic cards - the gpu (630M)had about 8 - 10°C more heating for the very same game - and I was forced to fall back to an older driver.

What do you use to start the game? I had used a wrong set up with 7H and DLPB's Tools 2.0 which had opened the game twice sometimes.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-08 13:20:48 »
You could try just connecting your monitor to your integrated card VGA/DVI Port, or setup a switch for the 2 outputs. But before you try reverting back to your intel have you tried running the game with Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver. You may find the game runs a lot smoother.

I didn't think of that, clean forgot that the cable goes into the card now. I'll give that a shot and see if it works.

I think he does...  ;)
I have a Nvidia card and have only this kind of problem with Valdis Story, where the integrated Intel gpu runs better. For some reasons Nvidia has a bad support for older graphic cards - the gpu (630M)had about 8 - 10°C more heating for the very same game - and I was forced to fall back to an older driver.

What do you use to start the game? I had used a wrong set up with 7H and DLPB's Tools 2.0 which had opened the game twice sometimes.

I'm just using the basic .exe to start it up at the moment. I only boot with 7H if I'm looking to test out mods, etc.