Quick update... still working on the background landscape. Here's the latest render...
However, I'm not really happy with the results, and I find it a bit difficult to put the finger on what "doesn't work". If you have some feedback on this, it would be much appreciated. Among the possibilities I'm considering:
- Have more variety in the shapes of the geological formations which stick out from the base level of the ground
- Harmonise the textures between the ground and the geological formations
- Introduce several layers of clouds and mist, not just one
- Introduce depth of field, to slightly blur the elements of the landscape located further away
- Reboot my background texture for the clouds, because at the moment it doesn't follow how perspective should stretch the clouds towards the horizon.
That's all I can think of for now, but if you have other ideas it will be good for me to have that input. Note that I'll be away for the next two weeks.