Author Topic: [W.I.P][FF8-PC2000/Steam]Alternative Character Avatars(Cosplay Edition)  (Read 5682 times)

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Something I've just been working on the last day or so.

FF7 had plenty of options for this and I've felt FF8 deserved some of the same attention.

It is a working process at the moment, but here's where I am at as of today.

Laguna

As you can probably tell, the images are of real people cosplaying who I thought had done a fantasic job and that it would be a good idea to implement them into the game. At the moment its the case that I'm still tinkering with effects, make them more colourful and consistent with each other.

I'm pretty content with Squall, Quistis, Irvine and Selfie barring little tweaks.

Issues
a). I need to correct Edea's skin tone.
b). Right now looking at Zell's image makes me want to punch him (His teeth annoy me), needs to be changed, possibly through a different image)
c). I'm not really satisfied with how Rinoa's or Seifer's look at the moment.
d). Laguna is done, but struggling to find any decent images of Kiros and Ward cosplays, So may need to resort to alternative art, which will bug me.

UPDATE - 17/05/15
Implemented different pictures for a few of the characters. No more looking at Zell's teeth.
https://youtu.be/j83VooxKK84

Would love to know what you guys think and any ideas you may have or if you know of any good source to work from or even any ideas what to call this little project. That would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-17 16:33:00 by DarkMatta »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Re: FF8[PC-Steam/2000]Character Avatars
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-16 23:05:44 »
I like the cartoony feel, and while these are good cosplays, I feel like Zell's teeth are sticking out too much.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Re: FF8[PC-Steam/2000]Character Avatars
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-17 01:14:01 »
I like the cartoony feel, and while these are good cosplays, I feel like Zell's teeth are sticking out too much.

I agree. The photo when enlarged doesn't look so bad. Implemented into the gamethough, it does looks bad.
I have changed him now.

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
Too much topaz (photoshop plugin), that's why it's look bad

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Yup. Im trying to find the right medium between them all. Some of them are not working well. Might switch  to a different method and experiment more.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Score6 is the best Squall. Evar.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Doesn't do a bad Laguna either!

DarkMatta

• View Profile

I took off the effects, give them a border. I've also been working on the menu as well.