Author Topic: [FF8] Curious about "Project Hellfire" and GF's textures in general  (Read 12634 times)

iliasm

• View Profile
Hello peeps! Got some questions :)

(Project Hellfire isn't out yet... you can download rufoos textures HERE but his Shiva is naked. The project hellfire hashmap that you added should work for that, too!)

1) I'm kinda lost. So basically, rufoos textures are the only texture package regarding GF's so far (untill Project Hellfire comes out)? Berrymapper thread does have something in it's first page regarding GF's textures: "G.F, enemies, worldmap textures by Mcindus: Mcindus packs", but it just links to Tonberry Enchanced first page, which only has the ProjectHellfire_hm.csv.

2) If rufoos textures are the only ones, wouldn't it be better to be somewhere more accessible and easier to find, instead of page 11 in Berrymapper thread? A newcomer like me, may skip delving into the Berrymapper thread as he may check that it is a texture extracting tool, and not a texture release.

Perhaps a new thread could be created by rufoos, or LeonhartGR could update his Essential Mods guide. Just sayin'.

3) What is the advantage in having ProjectHellfire_hm.csv loaded with the game, without having any related textures to go with it? Because I see some people have it loaded, but they don't seem to have the GF textures to go with it. Is it userful in some other way that I'm missing? The more hashmaps the better? Without overlapping, of course.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Yea that's just the hashmap to get the textures to work. The upscaled GF's are on page 11 of the berrymapper thread like you said. Also there is a fixed texture two posts down that fixes the naked shiva GF, you just have to put it in the shvbody folder and replace the old image. I know what you mean though, I had to search through the thread to find it. I think it's because rufoos isn't that active and seems like he doesn't speak English. But yea it definitely deserves to be in a more noticeable spot or LeonhartGr should link it in his thread.

greator

• View Profile
Now thanks to you, more people know about Project Hellfire does exist. If I haven't found this post I would never know about this mod.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Alright - I'm going to finish this project even if it kills me.

I had too much on my plate (still do).

Between the next HorizonPack update. a real BattleField Pack release, a new SeeDReborn (I'm SO SORRY to my Italian friends... I'm almost done.), a vehicle upscale, and bug fixes (like no current ocean fix),  I have had TOO much on my plate.  I am going to focus on HorizonPack, SeeDReborn Italian, and HorizonPack in that order.  I hope to make some great progress over the next few days and have at least 1/2 the gfs for everyone

Nedus

• View Profile
(My apologies if this may be seen as necroposting).

Long story short: I was browsing around, searching for mods, and i agree with OP the "Project Hellfire" is very uneasy to find/install.
Wouldn't it be better (if possible) to make a thread dedicated to the subject? Maybe with all the textures & husmap download links sorted out?

I think that having a clear, easy access to the mods materials would benefit both those who want to easily find/download the released mods and those who want to "re-work" them (to create theyr version of the concept).

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
(My apologies if this may be seen as necroposting).

Long story short: I was browsing around, searching for mods, and i agree with OP the "Project Hellfire" is very uneasy to find/install.
Wouldn't it be better (if possible) to make a thread dedicated to the subject? Maybe with all the textures & husmap download links sorted out?

I think that having a clear, easy access to the mods materials would benefit both those who want to easily find/download the released mods and those who want to "re-work" them (to create theyr version of the concept).

I totally agree - but it just wasn't our place to repost that users work without permission.  All of us create our own release threads individually, and he never did.

I am releasing my own version of the HellFirePack in the next two weeks :)
Currently, all GF's are upscaled, and I have done some reworking to Ifrit, Quez, Shiva, and Brothers.  I was trying to rework all of them before release, but I may as well make it available to the public asap :)

Nedus

• View Profile
Cheers! Looking forward to that!

eisgiga

• View Profile
I totally agree - but it just wasn't our place to repost that users work without permission.  All of us create our own release threads individually, and he never did.

I am releasing my own version of the HellFirePack in the next two weeks :)
Currently, all GF's are upscaled, and I have done some reworking to Ifrit, Quez, Shiva, and Brothers.  I was trying to rework all of them before release, but I may as well make it available to the public asap :)

Is it already out i can not find the textures ?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Is it already out i can not find the textures ?

It's not out yet.  Here's my progress:

Complete:

Overhauled (Has some sort of custom texture added)
Ifrit, Shiva, Siren, Brothers, Leviathan, Quezacotl

Custom Upscaled (Upscaled, Color/light/exposure Treatment)
Diablos, Bahamut, Alexander, Tonberry

Needs More Work:
Phoenix, Odin, Gilgamesh, Cerberus, Pandemona, Cactuar, Carbuncle, Eden, Doomtrain, Fat Chocobo, MiniMog, Moomba, and Angelo

I'm only finished with 10/23, but I'm not working on custom overhaul textures at the moment, so that will expedite the process.  Also, Carbuncle, MiniMog, Cactuar, and Angelo should be fairly easy and quick.  Right now, I'm just trying to get a good upscale and color treatment out of the way for the remaining 13 GF/Chars.

[EDIT] Hellfire is OUT!  Check releases.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-24 08:15:42 by Mcindus »