Author Topic: PC Gamer's tribute to Final Fantasy 7's weird monsters  (Read 2991 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
http://www.pcgamer.com/a-tribute-to-final-fantasy-7s-weird-monsters/

I think Hell House is everyone's favorite, right?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: PC Gamer's tribute to Final Fantasy 7's weird monsters
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-13 19:10:16 »
...I....I don't remember ever having seen a Grimguard. What?! Where is that?!?!!?! I thought the Flower Prong was the last rare enemy I had never seen.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-13 19:33:08 »
Corel/Corral Valley Cave.

Weirdest enemy is definitely Brainpod. Christopher is weird because we don't know who he is-- his partner Gighee is Ziggy Stardust but a horse, but who's Christopher?

Not on the list is Heavy Tank, who I find humorously weird. It's a triceratops and a tank!
« Last Edit: 2015-10-13 19:37:53 by JBedford128 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-14 18:11:40 »
I love the variety of monsters in FF7. I sure do hope that they'll all find their way into the remake, but what I hope even more is that they don't change their appearances too much. In later FF games, many formerly classic enemies got rather wierd or abstract designs. Anyone remember the Coeurls from FF12, where they had those strange alien-like heads?

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-15 00:45:30 »
FF7 has the best monster designs of pretty much any game to date. Unfortunately with the "dark and serious" turn of AC and the remake building on that theme, you're not likely to see any of the quirky stuff, and a highly reduced number of enemy models.
Again, a heartfelt F U to SE.