Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528384 times)

RedManMark86

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #25 on: 2014-09-08 00:18:33 »
The game was a fresh install but I had a bootleg installation sometime ago however i deleted, uninstalled and removed everything then installed the 7th heaven way.

I had no music with it saying it could never find any of the music but I did have the default sound effects. Also a lot of other things didn't work such as high res backgrounds, avatar portrait changes and so on.

The issue was when you encountered the first two shinra soldiers every time, even if i choose no change it would still give me a battle with a random enemy and the gui would have glitches.

however since then as i posted before I have uninstalled the game again and manually removed everything from the registry and downloaded all the mods again and so far everything seems to be working that I have tested, however I am testing in bits. So far I have tested all these together with no issues;

Battle Models - Weapons
Media - Movies (though I can't actually tell the difference from the original and i chose DrLilo's)
Menu Overhaul
Media - Music and Sound
Battle Textures
Spell Textures
Menu - Background and Avatars
Battle Models - Characters
Field Models - Characters, Enemies and Objects
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 2014-09-08 03:48:25 »
Well that's good to hear. There is a tool to clean the registry. I have it linked in the FAQ of Bootleg, and I intend to put it here as well when I get around to that section. I always use that tool + CCleaner when I want to start with a "fresh" install. During my testing this summer, I had to uninstall and reinstall back and forth to each version of the game, and I know a few issues popped up early on when I didn't clean the registry between those installations.

Insight has worked on a new version of Bootleg for us, so it's possible he's run into the same situation.

DrLilo used one of the movie mods as a base, but you will definitely notice the difference once you get to a scene where the character models are being animated in front of them. He removed all the old, blocky Chibi models and them replaced with Kaldarasha models. For any scenes without the models, I just added Rumbah's Smooth to complete the pack.

When you get around to installing Gameplay - Difficulty and Story, be sure to move it to the top of the list. I have no issues so far when it's loaded first (keep in mind, I haven't tested all of them in a full playthrough...that's impossible for one person lol).
« Last Edit: 2014-09-08 03:50:58 by EQ2Alyza »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-09-08 04:03:29 »
Hey, just to give you an update. I have now installed all the mods and everything seems to be running smoothly.

I tried new threat and nightmare and both were fine from what I could see but I only played them up to the reactor blowing up.

Though randomly on certain scenes I got error messages at the bottom about missing palettes, also got this in my normal play through where I am now at 7th heaven.

I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your hard work though as this is truly a great set and I do love bootleg but I have to say, this is so much better as you can easily just interchange between mods and setups without much worry.

Though obviously the advantage of bootleg is true customization 

JamesMask

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-09-16 22:59:27 »
An issue I'm having is my "Settings" box is too small, I can't really see the last two check boxes to get the right settings I believe.  Any way I can change the size of the settings box?

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-09-21 15:17:18 »
Reserved for FAQs

THIS shortleaf pine DOESN't forget-me-notING WORK!!!

I have reinstalled the game and removed the folders...

But the ferning 7th Heaven says the mods are still installed when i run the catalog, wich they are not....

How can i make the 7th Heaven understand that i have removed the fuschiaing mods.......!!!!????

I'm getting mad at the program because it's strawberry.

Edit: Can i download the whole catalog from somewhere else? Because the 7th Heaven says i have the mods installed but the folder is empty.

I can't download the mods throught the catalog because of this.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-21 17:31:49 by Covarr »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-09-21 17:15:37 »
There should be a flax lilying uninstall button for the mods in the library. If you delete them directly from the folder then you need to say 7th Heaven that they are not present anymore (right click on the mod and then choose uninstall) or else 7H thinks that they are still there.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-21 17:32:29 by Covarr »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-09-21 17:34:32 »
Cool your jets, guys. We don't disallow swearing here, but keep in mind that nobody's getting paid for this. Swearing at people because their stuff doesn't work as well as it might isn't productive and won't be tolerated. We're not looking for flames, here. ~Covarr

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #32 on: 2014-09-21 20:24:30 »
THIS shortleaf pine DOESN't forget-me-notING WORK!!!

I have reinstalled the game and removed the folders...

But the ferning 7th Heaven says the mods are still installed when i run the catalog, wich they are not....

How can i make the 7th Heaven understand that i have removed the fuschiaing mods.......!!!!????

Cool your jets, guys. We don't disallow swearing here, but keep in mind that nobody's getting paid for this. Swearing at people because their stuff doesn't work as well as it might isn't productive and won't be tolerated. We're not looking for flames, here. ~Covarr

Edit: Can i download the whole catalog from somewhere else? Because the 7th Heaven says i have the mods installed but the folder is empty.

I can't download the mods throught the catalog because of this.

Indeed, calm down. It may not seem like it, but this is generally a user error thing. Deleting the mod from your library folder does NOT delete it from 7H. So it'll still try to read them if you have them activated or try to configure them, and crash. The settings and stuff are saved else where, so if you're having trouble with 7H and just try deleting and reinstalling that doesn't always work. Go to C:\users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming and delete the 7thWorkshop folder. That will completely remove all 7H settings and default everything.

Otherwise no, most of these mods aren't available for 7H else where. A lot of work went into the Final Heaven catalog and it's been tested quite a bit, so if it's not working chances are it's something you did, not EQ2Alyza or the mod file itself. If it's not to your liking feel free to download the manual install folders and compile your own .iro's.

~Also looking at your previous posts this is your first post in about a year, and your first time asking for help with 7H. That's quite an overreaction having not tried asking for help troubleshooting this.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-21 20:30:10 by cmh175 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-09-23 00:04:23 »
Posted this on the video guide, but hoping someone can help me here.

I'm having an issue with the resolution.  When I set it to 1920x1080 with Preserve Aspect checked. I get one big black bar covering 1/4 of the left side of my laptop monitor. When I uncheck Preserve Aspect, the right side of the screen is cut off. Basically the whole resolution is off center to the right. I encountered the same error with bootleg which I was able to fix.... but I don't remember how, it was a long time ago. EDIT: Setting the resolution to 1366x768 seems to center the image. I'm confused though because my monitors native resolution is 1920x1080.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #34 on: 2014-09-23 00:32:00 »

I love strawberries!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-09-23 04:00:45 »
Something went wrong with downloads. It's late, I'm tired, and I have a long week of work ahead. I'll get around to it tomorrow or the next day.

If you post stupid things about it not working, don't expect a response back from me.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-09-23 11:19:17 »
Hey you helped me with your bootleg video, and you tried to help me with this one. And I only got them working because of your tutorials. I have a lot of respect for modders and mod organizers. I feel bad for them because a lot of people are ungrateful for all the hard FREE work they do for their communities. So don't stress out, and thanks for everything. FF7 is what got me into RPGS and really into reading fantasy so to have it spruced up a bit and more playable in modern times, I'm grateful.  ;D

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #37 on: 2014-09-23 19:48:32 »
Something went wrong with downloads. It's late, I'm tired, and I have a long week of work ahead. I'll get around to it tomorrow or the next day.

If you post stupid things about it not working, don't expect a response back from me.

We love you, EQ2Alyza.  Thank you so much for all of your hard work! 
If only people didn't feel so entitled.

I love strawberries too!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #38 on: 2014-09-23 21:22:45 »
I love strawberries too!

You understand that this can be easily misunderstood/misconceived by other people for both of us!  ;D

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #39 on: 2014-09-24 01:20:22 »
I love strawberries!

lol nice. Agreed, the Final Heaven catalog is very impressive and a big step forward for the forum. I cant even imagine the work that went into assembling it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-09-24 02:51:30 »
lol thanks for the strawberries guys :)

Is anyone else experiencing download errors?

Does anyone know if Google Drive has any bandwidth limits? Found some images online that indicate there may be, but I can't find any information on how much they allow.

https://09517033375839581908.googlegroups.com/attach/7f1e543fb14a5514/bug.png?part=0.1&view=1&vt=ANaJVrGWeW_anovTUMx-VJJM8pebjmsli8TydGxgevj9ZqVoXoGZqtjnxkUE1xdhe__3a7ee62mzlAD7i8cINOhGoW56LTui5hOwjvpm3qo2IOgdR7Yt254
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 02:53:05 by EQ2Alyza »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-09-24 22:11:34 »
Hey thanks for the ff8 mods/video tutorial McIndus :D. I also love strawberries but I bought too many last time and couldn't eat them all before they started to get moldy :( .

@EQ2Alyza  Not sure about google drive. I didn't see any download error messages. Final Heaven updated some files last time I used it but I'm not even sure how to check to see what was specifically updated. I think I have it on auto-download.

We love you, EQ2Alyza.  Thank you so much for all of your hard work! 
If only people didn't feel so entitled.

I love strawberries too!
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 22:15:25 by olearyf2525 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-09-24 22:18:00 »
An issue I'm having is my "Settings" box is too small, I can't really see the last two check boxes to get the right settings I believe.  Any way I can change the size of the settings box?

I had this problem as well. I think what I did was downscaled my monitors' resolution and then reapplied the native resolution and it was fixed. It was like a week ago so I don't remember for sure but that was how I think I fixed it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-09-24 22:59:39 »
Well at least others aren't having issues downloading mods from the catalog.

Code: [Select]
Error Downloading Gameplay - Difficulty and Story Patch Test: System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventsArg

That is the message I get for every mod in the catalog. I can just import manually to test mods, but I don't have the ability to test downloads anymore until I can resolve what appears to be my own personal issue. I have noooooo clue what is going on though since all I did was come home from work Monday and this happened. It's on both my laptop and desktop, so gosh forbid, I hope it's not something with my ISP. I just don't get it :|

Waiting for Iros to respond to give me any information on that error message.

j00pacabra

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-09-25 03:07:38 »
Error Downloading Field Textures: System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventsArg
I'm having the same error. Was wondering if there was a site I could just download these current packages from and then just see if I can open them with 7th Heaven?
« Last Edit: 2014-09-25 03:31:42 by j00pacabra »

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-09-25 16:18:18 »
Hi guys, i'm having these issues.

This error pop up when im trying to import an .iro archive.

System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) en c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:línea 91
   en Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.bOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:línea 120
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Okay, now i just cant use the program after these pop-ups.

And this is the error.

System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) en c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:línea 91
   en Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) en c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:línea 151
   en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edit: Btw, i cant either donwload the files from google, not only from this post, all of the files that i tryed to download via google are down too.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-25 16:20:06 by Rukenu »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-09-26 01:29:01 »
Two problems with your installation I noticed. On my 7th heaven config I didn't put any info into "also launch". Second problem is did you use the converter made for 7th heaven and not the one made for bootleg? Cause I think it should of created a music/vgmstream folder and it looks like you're missing that. It could also be that you didn't run the converter as administrator and you have User account control and/or Windows Smartscreen and/or a  anti-virus that false positived and quarantined stuff, even my anti-virus tried to quarantine 7th heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-09-26 01:50:02 »
Error Downloading Field Textures: System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventsArg
I'm having the same error. Was wondering if there was a site I could just download these current packages from and then just see if I can open them with 7th Heaven?

I can't do that because the issue is with Google Drive's limits on accessing the files. You would get a message about the view/download quota being exceeded and to wait 24hrs to try again. I was finally able to download again this evening (thankfully), but it took me over 72hrs of waiting before it opened again :|

Two problems with your installation I noticed. On my 7th heaven config I didn't put any info into "also launch". Second problem is did you use the converter made for 7th heaven and not the one made for bootleg? Cause I think it should of created a music/vgmstream folder and it looks like you're missing that. It could also be that you didn't run the converter as administrator and you have User account control and/or Windows Smartscreen and/or a  anti-virus that false positived and quarantined stuff, even my anti-virus tried to quarantine 7th heaven.

Ditto. You need to also change Aali Modpath to ...\mods\textures.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-26 03:45:31 by EQ2Alyza »

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-09-26 10:34:59 »
Thank you guys, i thought that the converter it's the same, as i said, the link was down atleast yerterday, the converter of the first post i mean, i've used the converter from the bootleg already, should i re-install the game with the 7th converter?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2014-09-26 11:42:20 »
I would say wait for Alyza to answer that, most likely yes but when you uninstall and start from scratch you need to make sure you've cleanly uninstalled it and removed the registry keys. I'm guessing maybe if you knew the filenames of all the textures and music mods you downloaded, manually created the proper folders and move them into there it could work. Alternatively you could probably uninstall those mods, setup your directories correctly and then re-install them, this will also take a long time because since both your music and texture folders are incorrect (and pretty much most of these mods affect textures, you will probably have to re-install most of them since it looks like you have them mixed up in your main textures folder and not in the mods folder) but I would say wait for Alyza to answer.

If you want to uninstall without waiting follow these steps for a clean start.

-First download http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14421.0 There is the link, it usually deletes a handful of registries left over after uninstall.

- I would then check your steam folder and if the ff7 folder is still there after uninstall delete it.

-Then run CCcleaner https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER. Then you're good to go.

Like i said though when you run the 7th heaven converter, right click run as administrator on the executable. Also to turn off UAC either permanently or temporarily type in UAC into your search box. Select Change user account control settings, move the slider to never notify. Disable your anti-virus for the converter and then afterward the converter has finished re-enable your anti-virus add an exception to the 7thheaven.exe and check to make sure it's not quarantined. I know this might seem like a pain in the ass but it's worth it and once you get it setup you can just activate/de-activate mods since they are injected now, no more uninstalling if you want to use a different mod.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-26 12:02:04 by olearyf2525 »