Author Topic: Tunnel Vision  (Read 610 times)

Ace

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Tunnel Vision
« on: 2016-01-08 04:42:14 »
Hello All,

I've been visiting Qhimm.com for most of this millennium spite only registering in 08. I've watched this forum evolve over time and only now do I feel the need to say something...

The work done here by the members is so remarkable, and I know of the amount of work that goes into keeping a forum running and active.

I don't want to step on toes, but I feel now is the time to express my belief that those of you who keep this place breathing day in and day out have a bit of tunnel vision in regards to the way the entire forum is organized.

What I mean by this is that you are all so familiar with how this forum thinks, how  the forum is structured, that you may not quite see, or appreciate how difficult it is to navigate without knowledge of the place. I've floated about these forums for years, I've never been an active member though, and every now and again when I pass on by to see what's going on, I have to relearn the structure and the way the forum thinks to find out what is going on.

When we, as the collective forums.qhimm.com, started to create the sub forums for mod releases, to separate discussions; I was excited to see that there was some forward thinking going on. I expected this to continue but sadly it hasn't, spite Administrators such as obesebear's best efforts to make clear cut rules. Though I can see the logic behind it all and it is beautiful in it's own way.

As I said before, I do not wish to step on toes, so while I feel that this next paragraph should now consist of examples and suggestions on what I would change, I also don't feel that is appropriate right now. I mearly want to bring the community out of the tunnel and into the light.

With the inevitable hype that the FF7 remake is bringing to the world, let alone this forum, now is the time to look outside the box, change the way you think, use different tools if required, recollect your data and files that have been made through-out the years. Turn this place into the hub of information it is supposed to be, and ensure that it is easily accessable.

Thanks for reading.

Warm regards to all,

- James.

Sega Chief

• No life
  • These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel Vision
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-08 07:11:02 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel Vision
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-08 07:44:14 »
It's not so much tunnel vision as it is a problem more complicated than anyone here really feels like thinking about. I retitled all the mod threads to help with organization and ease of finding things, but that wasn't enough.

What we really need is a lot more work on the wiki, but I don't think anybody wants to put in that effort. And the wiki is broken.