Author Topic: Soundtrack audio samples in 7th Heaven?  (Read 4655 times)

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
Soundtrack audio samples in 7th Heaven?
« on: 2016-02-01 00:13:42 »
There's a bunch of fan-made music selections to change the soundtrack in 7th Heaven but there isn't any samples to hear what they may sound like. Is there a link that has a sample to each soundtrack selection?

It'd be nice to hear rather than starting up the game each time just to preview the music....

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Soundtrack audio samples in 7th Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-01 01:39:25 »
There's a feature that's just been added to 7H 1.52 to have music samples to preview. I will get around to updating those sometime soon.

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-01 21:35:39 »
There's a feature that's just been added to 7H 1.52 to have music samples to preview. I will get around to updating those sometime soon.

Sweet. Do you happen to know the links/samples to the those soundtracks right now that I can check out in the meantime? Thanks in advance.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-01 23:15:27 »
It doesn't go to any link. I believe it accesses the files directly inside the .iro and plays it. I don't know of any external links that preview the music, sorry.

cloudsmash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-02 13:50:44 »
I just unpacked the IRO to my desktop.  Each selection has its own folder so it's easy to take a listen to each one and see what you like best.  When you have your picks, you can dump them in FF7_install_dir/music/vgmstream and you've got your own playlist for the music now.  It took a few hours, but I finally got the soundtrack just how I like it. :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-02 14:06:08 »
Since we have audio previews within 7H now, I may create options for each individual track for people to mix and match whichever songs they like. It would take quite a bit of time to arrange it all though...and time is not on my side this month unfortunately :|

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-02 14:43:59 »
Since we have audio previews within 7H now, I may create options for each individual track for people to mix and match whichever songs they like. It would take quite a bit of time to arrange it all though...and time is not on my side this month unfortunately :|

woah.. that will be tedious for you.. take it easy.. more power! :)

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-03 16:07:41 »
It doesn't go to any link. I believe it accesses the files directly inside the .iro and plays it. I don't know of any external links that preview the music, sorry.

Oh, no worries! I just was wondering if there was something already out there, I didn't want to scour the forums for hours to find it.

Anyway – you probably already know, but maybe add the 'Symphonic Remaster' (and maybe others that I don't know of) to the soundtracks lists also sometime in the future? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14541.0

I check this forum from time to time when I get the itch to play FF7 again and I'm always seriously amazed at the continual progress that you guys are doing with it. Really though, keep it up.