Author Topic: Hardcore Choco/Mog Issue  (Read 2689 times)

Gotmilk751

• View Profile
Hardcore Choco/Mog Issue
« on: 2016-02-04 20:27:04 »
Hey all. I've encountered a peculiar bug. I've progressed through the game up to the Chocobo Farm and went to talk to the chocobos to get Choco/Mog and fight the Silver Chocobo, however when I talk to them, they just start dancing...and don't actually stop. Music cuts, chocobos keep dancing, no dialogue for receiving Choco/Mog and no cut to the Silver Chocobo fight. Already tried isolating the problem and found out it wasn't cause by the Reunion, which I've been playing with from the beginning. I've played with this mod in the past when Bootleg was a thing, so I don't think it's the mod by itself.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore Choco/Mog Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-04 20:34:08 »
Might be the music; that script has a specific thing for checking where the song is before it stops (and it's caused problems in the past for different mods because of that).

Try turning your in-game BGM all the way down to 0 and then triggering the event. Long shot, but I think it worked in the past. As for the cause, anything that affects music is likely the culprit.

Gotmilk751

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-04 20:41:07 »
No dice. Turned in-game BGM to 0 and they just kept dancing forever. Appreciate the tip, though.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-04 23:04:47 »
Are you using a music mod?

Gotmilk751

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-04 23:10:47 »
I'm using a version of OST Remastered I had to repack into the original IRO myself, since it was empty in the initial release. A majority of the songs are Final FanTim's tracks while others are copy-pasted from the other selections. I tried changing it to Anxious Heart Original selection and just got past the cutscene into the fight. Thanks for the tips on the music.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-05 04:19:44 »
It very well may be an issue with FFTims OST in a way Sega Chief described.