Author Topic: FF8.exe stopped responding  (Read 2053 times)

Falthos

• View Profile
FF8.exe stopped responding
« on: 2016-10-15 03:26:18 »
Although this could be a Tonberry (texture) mod issue, I'm posting here since that hasn't been determined.

I've been trying to troubleshoot random ".exe has stopped responding" issues that seem to have started after adding mods with Tonberry. I've enabled the debug folder and it's sub-folders (deleting the 0 at the end of each folder name). I've had 4 crashes since enabling debug and none of these folders contain anything. It's possible that this was introduced from Windows updates so I am trying to eliminate what I can. I suppose I'll have to start by running vanilla for everything and see if it still happens. If there are any ideas, my setup is below.

Windows 10
Steam version of FF8
Tonberry 2.04
    Apocalypse
    Horizon
    Lunar Cry
    Project Eden
    Project Hellfire
    Rebirth Flame
    SeedReborn (also have the controller update for the "sy" folder)
    Tripod

The crashes only occur during loading an area/battle but the same area/battle does not make it happen consistently so I can't recreate anything. The only thing consistent is the crash is always between screens (black screen between leaving one area and entering another, for example). I've read that some crashes were fixed by forcing "run as admin" but doing that broke my controller while in-game.

Edit: Due to the number of views and no replies, I'm going to update as an edit for in case anyone is in my shoes and trying to find a solution. I have moved Project Eden to the disabled folder and haven't had any crashes. This has only been about 2 hours gameplay and my crashes usually happen within an hour. That isn't enough to really base a "fix" but it does add some insight to the issue.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-16 02:59:25 by Falthos »

Falthos

• View Profile
Re: FF8.exe stopped responding
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-15 18:58:18 »
I haven't had any crashes running without Tonberry so the issue seems to be with mods. I'll continue this on the Tonberry thread if a moderator will shut this thread down, please.