Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] New Avatars (Characters 3D Portraits)  (Read 10167 times)

Nedus

• View Profile
I had this idea after finding "Makubex (Mendelevium) Modder's Awakening - Avatar Mod".

This simple mod replaces all characters' portraits with a 3D version (exept for Edea, Kiros and Ward). This mod requires Tonberry in order to work.

Spoiler: show

I tried to make the 3D avatars as similiar as possible to the originals (angle/position/proportions etc) but Quistis and Selphie went bit-chy about it
Download Link

I made this starting from Mcindus' "SeeD Reborn" mod. If you alredy have that mod (you totally should, cause it's awesome) potentially, you could just get the "fa" folder from my download link (ignoring the "NewAvatars_hm" file), put it inside the "textures" folder and override it, and you should have 0 problems .
However, this mod can be made indipendant from SeeD Reborn, (you know, just in case). To do that, put the hashmap file "NewAvatars_hm" in the "tonberry\hashmap" folder.

By default, i left Laguna and Seifer's original avatars ('cause i prefeer them). But you can have their 3D version if you want so. Just rename the X/Y pictures inside the folders and override the default pictures.

Special thanks to Mcindus. Basically i just pasted the 3D portraits (found in internet) on top of his SeeD Reborn avatars pictures; also he's the one who told me how to do the hashmap stuff.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 12:33:33 by Nedus »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] New Avatars (Characters 3D Portraits)
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-05 15:30:07 »
Awesome!  It's nice to see old mods 'revamped' -- That's actually how SeeDReborn started - the original was just called SeeD by sl1982.
 The more modders the better!!

Thanks for contributing to the community!

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-05 15:34:21 »
Good job, I will test it. But is it possible to add the Edea's 3D avatar to make it more... unite ? (I don't know how to say that in english ^^ )

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-05 15:55:54 »
I haven't found a 3D avatar of Edea on the internet. EDIT: A 3D avatar that doesn't require some polish via photoshop, 'cause my photoshop skill is below 0. I can't work on a CG picture to get a good avatar out of it.
That's why i left the original. Same as Kiros and Ward.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 16:02:21 by Nedus »